Options

Buttoneering! - IT IS TIME

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    So any tips on font/size to help make the writing more legible? I did this last year on my Captain America shield and it was hard to read. I would like to add it myself so I can see placement and font.

Speaking about that Cap. America button, do you have any extras that you'll be bringing to Prime '13? I don't think I got one at '12

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    ramen215 wrote: »
    So any tips on font/size to help make the writing more legible? I did this last year on my Captain America shield and it was hard to read. I would like to add it myself so I can see placement and font.

Speaking about that Cap. America button, do you have any extras that you'll be bringing to Prime '13? I don't think I got one at '12

Yep I got a few left I think. I will bring them. :)

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    @elleecstatic
    Yeah, it's gonna be fun to make. Really putting my MS Paint skills to the test. Cut/copy paste, and a whole lot of resizing and blending. Hopefully it comes out great.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone else had issues with the Promo Code? I was trying to see the total--not gonna buy it until Friday--but it said it was invalid or expired. I'll most likely contact them if it doesn't work when I do buy it. In the meantime, I was just wondering.

Edit to Add: Yeah. That's the button design for this year. I heart Kermie.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Has anyone else had issues with the Promo Code? I was trying to see the total--not gonna buy it until Friday--but it said it was invalid or expired. I'll most likely contact them if it doesn't work when I do buy it. In the meantime, I was just wondering.

Oh, then let's wait till after Monday. They may have not activated it yet, as we just finished the planning Friday afternoon.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I just finished attaching all my 2012 buttons to my display scarf. Dang there's a lot of them. I'll put some pictures up when I've hung it in my button hall.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Ahhh man, here I was thinking I'd just take this bag of leftovers from east with me since it kind of flopped for me and only ended up giving out 10 or so... But then this thread pops and I get just as hyped as ever. I guess those will be my bonus button instead!

Time to start getting my brain swirling with ideas, I actually like the idea of putting a QR code on the buttons though.

Komi on
    -PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    jonxp wrote: »

Oh, then let's wait till after Monday. They may have not activated it yet, as we just finished the planning Friday afternoon.

Didn't they give us a flat percentage off last year? Is it different this year? I was trying to test this morning to see if square buttons still got the discount but the code still says invalid.

• Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Cool. With definitely buttoneer at Prime. Hopefully I'll be able to hit some of the meetups. I sorta like the idea of a mini-QR code on the button that takes you to an about me page or something. May experiment with that.

Also that's a good idea to use your leftover East 2013 buttons as bonus pins.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options

Didn't they give us a flat percentage off last year? Is it different this year? I was trying to test this morning to see if square buttons still got the discount but the code still says invalid.

It should still be a flat percentage off. I'm talking to PureButtons, and we'll get it all hammered out. Like I said the plan was originally not to start until after today, so they may have not turned anything on yet.

• Options
    Alright, Josh from PureButtons says the code should be working.

• Options
    Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I am still kicking multiple ideas around.

• Options
    speeder venkmanspeeder venkman Registered User regular
    Excuse me if this has come up in a previous thread but I was planning on getting into Pinny Acrade trading as well this year. Do official Pinny Arcade traders (Mike, Jerry, enforcers, etc.) accept Buttoneering buttons as trade or only official Pinny Arcade pins?

• Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    I'm betting that it is only Pinny Arcade pins but I don't know with certainty.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    Excuse me if this has come up in a previous thread but I was planning on getting into Pinny Acrade trading as well this year. Do official Pinny Arcade traders (Mike, Jerry, enforcers, etc.) accept Buttoneering buttons as trade or only official Pinny Arcade pins?

Probably not. The thing that makes a Pinny Arcade pin a Pinny Arcade pin and tradable is the official seal. Buttoneering buttons aren't part of that "game". Aside from that, we *probably* don't want to go down the route of trading our pins for anything that may be considered to have any sort of value, mostly for copyright reasons. :D

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Damned if I know what I'll do this year, but I'll think of something.
    I have the same problem. What Kirbo design can I use this year?

Also what's the official RIMTEXT that we're using? The template is [EVENT] - [FORUM NAME] - [BUTTON ID] so would a sample one be PAX Prime 2013 - B:L - 1337?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    B:L wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Damned if I know what I'll do this year, but I'll think of something.
    I have the same problem. What Kirbo design can I use this year?

Also what's the official RIMTEXT that we're using? The template is [EVENT] - [FORUM NAME] - [BUTTON ID] so would a sample one be PAX Prime 2013 - B:L - 1337?

Yes. However, if you follow the instructions in the OP, you'll notice that I provide it for you already formatted. :D

• Options
    Mr Je11ymanMr Je11yman Registered User regular
    Ok, first time doing this and looking forward to it. I am trying to use Purebuttons and I am curious what you get when you spend $5 on "template help." I have downloaded the template already, and there is an informative video about how to use it, so what do you get for the five bucks? Anyone know?

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Ok, first time doing this and looking forward to it. I am trying to use Purebuttons and I am curious what you get when you spend $5 on "template help." I have downloaded the template already, and there is an informative video about how to use it, so what do you get for the five bucks? Anyone know?

If you don't know how to submit artwork proper, they'll fix it up for you.

Just send it in with the right dimensions (no cutout/overlay showing) and you're probably fine without it.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Mr Je11ymanMr Je11yman Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks Infidel.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Soooo... I finished a VERY rough draft last night of an idea for this year. Not sure if I like it. My husband suggested creating a Fink Mfg one or possibly a Booker wanted poster. Curious if you guys would rather have a Fink MFG or Booker wanted poster? I design to please. ;)

Button.png

adias.angel on
  • Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    Soooo... I finished a VERY rough draft last night of an idea for this year. Not sure if I like it. My husband suggested creating a Fink Mfg one or possibly a Booker wanted poster. Curious as to if you guys would rather have a Fink MFG or Booker wanted poster? I design to please. ;)

Button.png

I was gonna go with something Vigor related as well :P Though I was thinking of just getting the logos and making a button for each, maybe I'll do a Cage and a Bird and leave it to other Buttoneers to choose which they want ;)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    ramen215 wrote: »
    Soooo... I finished a VERY rough draft last night of an idea for this year. Not sure if I like it. My husband suggested creating a Fink Mfg one or possibly a Booker wanted poster. Curious as to if you guys would rather have a Fink MFG or Booker wanted poster? I design to please. ;)

Button.png

I was gonna go with something Vigor related as well :P Though I was thinking of just getting the logos and making a button for each, maybe I'll do a Cage and a Bird and leave it to other Buttoneers to choose which they want ;)

Don't let me stop you! I may not even use this idea. I love anything Bioshock related so I would love to get one of your buttons. ;)

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I don't know if you noticed, but Murder of Crows is stating Devil's Kiss.

PS Yay for vigors!

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Soooo... I finished a VERY rough draft last night of an idea for this year. Not sure if I like it. My husband suggested creating a Fink Mfg one or possibly a Booker wanted poster. Curious if you guys would rather have a Fink MFG or Booker wanted poster? I design to please. ;)

Assuming there isn't a game reference I'm missing, "Stallion" is misspelled on your design. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

YAY BUTTONS!! I'm going to work with my friend who was a graphic designer to make my buttons this year. There will be dragon(s) involved this time. And my bonus button will probably be my new puppy. :D

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ordered my buttons about a month ago, so they wont have the rim text this year. i got 200 of them, so i hope thats enough.

This year I'm just using my avatar + pax2013 and my handle. im pretty sure i posted it to the right button page. but i might not have.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Oh yes, I forgot - I will be providing and handling the bulletin boards for buttons to be presented to Mike and Jerry this year again. There will be a button dropoff point at the BYOC desk with the Enforcers as there is every year, and you can hand off your buttons to either myself or Jonxp when you see us to trade (we'll have separate "button board" bags to keep them in of course). The cutoff is usually midnight on Saturday night, so if you haven't gotten your buttons to one of those three locations by then, they won't be on the board for presentation. I may adjust the cutoff date/time depending on when the Q&A panels end up being scheduled, but let's keep it there for now.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    alegria wrote: »
    Oh yes, I forgot - I will be providing and handling the bulletin boards for buttons to be presented to Mike and Jerry this year again. There will be a button dropoff point at the BYOC desk with the Enforcers as there is every year, and you can hand off your buttons to either myself or Jonxp when you see us to trade (we'll have separate "button board" bags to keep them in of course). The cutoff is usually midnight on Saturday night, so if you haven't gotten your buttons to one of those three locations by then, they won't be on the board for presentation. I may adjust the cutoff date/time depending on when the Q&A panels end up being scheduled, but let's keep it there for now.

As extra special incentive, when you give a button for the board, you'll get the Official Buttoneering Button. This year it has been completely redesigned, as it will have a "3" replacing one of the "2"s in the year on the shield. In the interests of drama, I won't tell you which one.

I'll mention this again when we get closer to the event, but just a few notes. Don't come by BYOC in the morning on Friday. We will be very busy. The best time to come by will be the afternoons and all night long. I'll be Enforcing then, and even if I'm not immediately available, I'll at least have folks aware of what is up who will be able to trade with you. There's also usually a lot of Buttoneers around BYOC, so it's a good place to trade.

Additionally, I'll continue trading for the official pins after the cut-off, they just won't make it onto the board. Perhaps I'll start a secondary board of shame for people that miss the deadline.

jonxp on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    I love this board of shame idea.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular

Button.png

I think Fink would make a much better button. It's more recognizable on a small surface. I love the Booker idea but I'm not sure it would look too good small.

• Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    i might do a second button thats handyman related since thats what im going as on saturday/sunday. is there still a meetup planned by the juice bar in the morning again? that worked out great for trading buttons last year.

• Options
    Membino wrote:
    That is in the air at the moment, I believe. Since it was an accidental sorta-success last year; I may do the coordination for that bit this year if no one wants to. Granted, there was no true coordination last year; but it's the principle.

I was thinking about having it on Sunday and Monday mornings--for those who could not get passes for either one of those days and yet still are participating in this. Again, ideas in the air.

• Options
    Membino wrote:
    That is in the air at the moment, I believe. Since it was an accidental sorta-success last year; I may do the coordination for that bit this year if no one wants to. Granted, there was no true coordination last year; but it's the principle.

I was thinking about having it on Sunday and Monday mornings--for those who could not get passes for either one of those days and yet still are participating in this. Again, ideas in the air.

Hey, just because I was way too beat to make it doesn't mean there was no coordination!. ;-)

A lot of people have mentioned making sure we work around people who don't have passes for all the days....but does that actually apply to anyone planning on trading? No sense in fracturing our meetups if we don't have to.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Got my button idea. The Phantom is my cosplay this year. So seems fitting. ;)
    One question. Is there someone who can put this to the template for me? I don't know how to.

My N7 buttons from last year will be returning as my bonus button this year as well. So, brush up on your ME trivia if you want one of them.
    N7%20buttoneer%20button.png?1336524615

KellyShepard087 on

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Membino wrote:

Hey, just because I was way too beat to make it doesn't mean there was no coordination!. ;-)

A lot of people have mentioned making sure we work around people who don't have passes for all the days....but does that actually apply to anyone planning on trading? No sense in fracturing our meetups if we don't have to.

I still suggest we put it out there that both Saturday and Sunday mornings anyone wanting to meet up for button trading can do so that way it does give people options.

• Options
    LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    Haza! I'm super excited about PAX this year. Mostly because I missed last year. Again I'll be making my buttons by hand. My first year trading I actually made them out of brightly colored buttons, the second year out of purler beads and of course last year I missed. Sad face. I remember people coming up to me and saying "OMG, YOU are Button button girl?!". So, I'm quite excited about this year.

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Got my button idea. The Phantom is my cosplay this year. So seems fitting. ;)
    One question. Is there someone who can put this to the template for me? I don't know how to.

My N7 buttons from last year will be returning as my bonus button this year as well. So, brush up on your ME trivia if you want one of them.
    N7%20buttoneer%20button.png?1336524615

That first link doesnt work.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Oh bugger. Let's try this one.
    Button image

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    heart_button.jpg?1367720584
    :) this might just be a placeholder for now but i wanted basically an icon of the handymans heart in their chest. was thinking of screenshotting the before and after posters at the fair but i think it would be troublesome to use a screenshot in a button.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I'm glad we don't have to put our avatar on our button. I did that last year.... And had a really hard time finding a place that would print them, "Lucca" not belonging to me after all. There are a lot of avatars around here that wouldn't pass "the copyright test," and PureButtons last year refused to print mine.

I was thinking about not buttoneering this year, but... I have an amazing artist friend who might be making me [OC] art... Hmm.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
This discussion has been closed.