As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buttoneering! - IT IS TIME

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Question: How do we find each other when we are there? Do we meet up occasionally? and if so how do we comunicate.

You wear your buttons prominently (on your lanyard, on your bag, some people bring large fancy hats! etc.).

Then you sing the song of your people.

"BUTTONS! ... BUTTONS? ... BUTTONS?!?! BUTTONS!!!"

Holding up a bag o' buttons and shaking it tends to bring all the Buttoneers to the yard as well.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    Ordered mine! (my avatar)

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Question: How do we find each other when we are there? Do we meet up occasionally? and if so how do we comunicate.

You wear your buttons prominently (on your lanyard, on your bag, some people bring large fancy hats! etc.).

Then you sing the song of your people.

"BUTTONS! ... BUTTONS? ... BUTTONS?!?! BUTTONS!!!"

Holding up a bag o' buttons and shaking it tends to bring all the Buttoneers to the yard as well.
    My Buttons bring all the kids to the yard and they're like--is better than yours?

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    QuestionBerryQuestionBerry Registered User new member
    This is my first year going to PAX, but I saw this thread and thought this "game" sounded like a great idea.
    So... I ordered some buttons!
    PaxButtonFinal.png?1374720783

But I only have tickets for Friday and Saturday, so I better run into you people!

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Travman93 wrote: »
    lelula wrote: »
    How do I find other people to trade with? I know I saw a bunch of people after pax on sunday hanging around outside, but what about the rest of the time? Is there a way to spot other Buttoneers?

Generally speaking, look for folks carrying/wearing something that's covered with buttons. =P

What about if it's your first year? May sound like a stupid question, but should you outfit yourself with your own buttons since you don't have any from others?

That's what I did. Also, I wandered around the Pre-PAX Dinner loudly calling out in search of those others with the high class and exquisite taste to also be Buttoneers. =)

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    MY BUTTONS ARE HERE. YAY!!!!

For those that are new to Buttoneering, I also suggest having a way to easily trade buttons while walking. I tend to put a handful of buttons in one pocket, and keep one of each in my hand, so that if I pass someone we can quickly swap without blocking traffic. As I get buttons from others, those go in my other pocket to keep them separated. I also keep small bags of buttons in my backpack pockets, and when I have time I'll put collected buttons on my backpack and refill the small bags from the larger supply. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    @QuestionBerry if you are in town for the weekend, there is usually a meetup planned for outside of the convention center. You wont need a badger for that.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Woot Buttons have arrived Ordered them on Friday late at night and they are here just under a week later. As usual Pure Buttons did an awesome job.

Also new buttoneers will find me easily I wear a vest that gets quickly filled with buttons :)

draklan on
  • Options
    JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    Another plug for Pure Buttons. I ordered mine less than 48 hours ago and they shipped this morning.

• Options
    QuestionBerryQuestionBerry Registered User new member
    peetsnack wrote: »
    @QuestionBerry if you are in town for the weekend, there is usually a meetup planned for outside of the convention center. You wont need a badger for that.

Thanks, good to know. Though I don't know exactly how long I'll be there for. I look forward to collecting.

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    This is my first year going to PAX, but I saw this thread and thought this "game" sounded like a great idea.
    So... I ordered some buttons!
    PaxButtonFinal.png?1374720783

But I only have tickets for Friday and Saturday, so I better run into you people!

Hopefully we will be arranging for both Saturday and Sunday morning meet ups along with the Monday after PAX to accommodate those that aren't available all 4 days.

• Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    Alright, got a count and uploaded my old buttons for a grab bag of bonus.
    Octopus-button-no-template.png

15_INCH_TEMPLATE-Example.png

Bonus button #1 from 2010
    Bonus-Number-1.png

Bonus button #2 from 2010
    Bonus-Number-2.png

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Got my buttons ordered and uploaded to the website.

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ok, button finally decided on. The art that I uploaded to buttoneering.org may or may not accurately reflect how it looks in final.

• Options
    NgocDTNgocDT Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    601367_499807656779145_2007528657_n.jpgpixel_button_(1).png

I know it's late but I finally submitted my button for making. Here's to hoping it'll arrive in time since I'm too broke to put more money into expediting it. It's my kitten (actually she's now a fat cat) Pixel snuggling the PS3 remote!

Okay. So I've changed it up. My friend Marc Rousseau made a bunch of really cute button designs for a group of friends going to PAX. You can find the others on the buttoneering page. They have the same style design with the color and stripe bg. This is now my actual button for PAX and the kitten has become my awesome bonus button. Hehe my gf gave me the O.o look when I told her I was going to have two. Now I just gotta think of a good requirement for getting a bonus button. Maybe having people sing Happy Birthday to me while being recorded since PAX is my birthday weekend. I dunno. What kind of requirements were asked of button hunters in the previous PAX years?

NgocDT on
    Prime 2013 Status:
    color=blue]✓[/color Hotel, color=blue]✓[/color Plane Tickets, color=blue]✓[/color Time Off Approved, color=blue]✓[/color Waiting impatiently,
    color=green]✓[/color 4-Day Passes Bought, color=Blue]✓[/color 4-Day Passes Received,
    color=green]✓[/color Buttons Ordered, color=Blue]✓[/color Buttons Received,
    color=green]✓[/color Bonus Buttons Ordered, color=Blue]✓[/color Bonus Buttons Received,
    color=green]✓[/color Forumer Pint Glasses Ordered, color=Blue]✓[/color Forumer Pint Glasses Received

Attendee : Prime 2011, 2013
  • Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    BQPhH1ECQAETy5G.jpg:large

buttons are here!!!! Cant wait to start trading!

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular

I'll probably make a Saturday AM meetup in addition to the standard post-con meetup. We tried it last year and I thought it went well. Not everyone shows up, mind, but a good group of folks do. :)

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Covet wrote: »

I'll probably make a Saturday AM meetup in addition to the standard post-con meetup. We tried it last year and I thought it went well. Not everyone shows up, mind, but a good group of folks do. :)

I approve this message and I'm happy to help you out, Covet. :)

By the way, in addition to putting the button collection bin out at the BYOC desk, you may also give me your button(s) for the Great Button Collection Board if/when you meet with me to trade. I keep a separate bag with me for such collections, and as I'm the one who puts the board together, I'll be sure to get them on there for you. ;)

jonxp, would you be interested in "deputizing" a few of us who've been around for a while to help hand out the official Buttoneering buttons? If not, no worries, just offering up an idea. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Buttons ordered, 100 circular acetate buttons. Hopefully they appear the way I'm envisioning.

This is not necessarily the best representation, but it will have to do.
    arc_bare_1.png

zerzhul on
  • Options
    lelulalelula Registered User regular
    cool.stu wrote: »
    I don't know if this was other people's experience, but I just placed my order on Pure Buttons yesterday and I just got an email saying they just shipped. I wasn't expecting them to even be pressed for another week or two, but I'm not going to complain if they show up early next week. :) here's hoping
    I wondered if they put a rush on Pax orders because I did two orders, same day, and the ones that actually had "PAX" in the notes got shipped a lot faster then the ones not marked Pax.

• Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    lelula wrote: »
    cool.stu wrote: »
    I don't know if this was other people's experience, but I just placed my order on Pure Buttons yesterday and I just got an email saying they just shipped. I wasn't expecting them to even be pressed for another week or two, but I'm not going to complain if they show up early next week. :) here's hoping
    I wondered if they put a rush on Pax orders because I did two orders, same day, and the ones that actually had "PAX" in the notes got shipped a lot faster then the ones not marked Pax.

They likely build in 50% of their turnaround time for super rush order buttons for benefits, memorials, searches etc. so when less of those orders come in the faster the regular orders go out. Also they love PAXers so they probably do weight these orders ahead of others when they can.

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

Draklan and I will be there like last year, I have also suggested the idea of both a Saturday and Sunday morning meet ups if there is interest.

• Options
    YsterathYsterath Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So... buttons are ordered >.> not sure the previews will do them justice
    I'm hopefully going to be working in Expo hall all day everyday as an XA so I better still see people to trade with
    PrimeButton20132.jpg
    and
    the bonus button that only certain individuals will qualify for...
    InjurE20132.jpg

zerzhul on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    So many awesome buttons! Sadly, as a poor college student, I will only have the many extras I had made last year.

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Please oh please oh please make some meetups during non-expo hours or hours when we are helping with teardown. Either that or you better all visit me while I'm in the hall working as an Enforcer.

Ysterath on
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I so want that gorgeous [E] button. What does a fellow Enforcer have to trade to get the bonus?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options

Draklan and I will be there like last year, I have also suggested the idea of both a Saturday and Sunday morning meet ups if there is interest.

It may be overkill for me, personally, but I'm not opposed to it. I'll set up FB and G+ events anyway (I'm sort of calendar-obsessive :) ). Remember that there's also the "official" meet up after Omegathon.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Mah buttons! (Thanks to @Covet for being my shipping mule and warehouse until August)
    StQOZdZ.png

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    thelonegoldfishthelonegoldfish Registered User regular
    My buttons showed up, text is legible in good light but hidden under the rock on the back.
    thelonegoldfish_button.png?1375112062

• Options
    cool.stucool.stu Registered User regular
    Buttons showed up yesterday and look a pretty good. If any Pure Button people see this, thanks for the quick turn-around.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Ordered on Monday, buttons are here today. Unfortunately I made an error with my rim text given that I was doing acetate buttons, so my rim text does not show up the way I had intended. Oh well, my fault, the main button still looks good!

zerzhul on
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Just ordered my buttons today. With any luck they'll arrive in Seattle before I do!
    pax2013button.png?1375313952
    Yes, it's based off the Cerberus logo. <_<

Theros on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    They probably will, they've been amazingly fast with the orders recently.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Facebook Events
    Saturday AM
    Sunday AM
    Monday PM

G+ Events
    Saturday AM
    Sunday AM
    Monday PM

Edit: Please stay for a photo at the end of every event! :)

Covet on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Buttons have arrived! Here's a crappy pic of them prepped on my lanyard. <3
    hK2L46F.jpg

Covet on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Hey guys! Time for some updates...

I'm arbitrarily saying you have two weeks left to get your button orders in. That should give plenty of time for button creation and shipping. Get cracking if you've been procrastinating!

See Covet's post above for our meetup times. Meetups are NOT MANDATORY at all, but are there if you want to make sure you get every button you can. Due to enforcer duties, I can't make the Monday afternoon meetup, but I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Those two are in front of the Juicy Cafe there at the convention center.

The official button design is in the OP and on the site, but there seems to be some weirdness when trying to make it look right on the site. Sorry, I'll kick myself for doing a terrible job later.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Buttons uploaded to Buttoneers.org and orders from Purebuttons.com.
    Skyrim_Button_Whiterun_Shield.png?1375309519
    Skyrim - Whiterun
    Skyrim_Button_Windhelm_Shield.png?1375309471
    Skyrim - Windhelm
    Skyrim_Button_Solitude_Shield.png?1375309416
    Skyrim - Solitude

I had to do three images stacked and each smaller in size so that I could attempt to recreate the edge of the shield wrapping over the edge of the button. Not a perfect solution but I have no art skills to do it differently.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    No new buttons this year, but I have quite a few leftovers from last year, so hit up the uber tall Umbrella Soldier for "Shark Face" and "Dapper Shark" buttons if you see me.
    paxbutton2.jpg?1343579851
    paxbutton1.jpg?1343579803

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    These are the buttons I have in mind this year.
    TyrianButtoncopy.jpg
    FluttershyButtoncopy.jpg
    I am undecided on if I want to bring back one from last year, but as it's kind of my character I go as... I may make more for this year.
    TheGentlemanTARDISSMALLFINALcopy.jpg

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
  • Options
    I so want that gorgeous [E] button. What does a fellow Enforcer have to trade to get the bonus?

It's a button you will and will not want. I earned it at East.
    It's for Enforcers injured in the line of duty
    Rules:
    1)Must be an [E]
    2)Must have injured yourself at PAX
    3)Cannot be intentionally self inflicted
    4)Cannot be intentionally inflicted by another person
    5)Some sort of evidence of injury
    6)Sore feet don't count
    7)Must be able to find me or one of my minions and tell me what happened.

This isn't something to strive for but when you're injured for the cause a little gesture goes a long way to making you put a smile back on your face which is why it exists.

This discussion has been closed.