As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dune]Game 3 - You, Shai? Hulud have guessed?

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I'm displaying every bid people make. If it has to go to a second round of bidding, that will be indicated by a second number, separated by a comma.

• Options
    Waiting on the Emperor, and then we can start movements.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    1st round of bids:

Fremen - pass
    Guild - 1
    Harkonnen - 2
    Atreides - Pass
    Emperor - 3
    Bene Gesserit - pass

2nd round of bids:

Guild - pass
    Harkonnen - pass

Emperor wins the last Treachery card.

Treachery card totals: Harkonnen - 4, Emperor - 3, Fremen - 2, Guild - 2, Atreides - 2, Bene Gesserit - 1

Turn order:
    Guild(Special - read below)
    Harkonnen
    Atreides
    Emperor
    Bene Gesserit
    Fremen

No tokens need to be revived, so we have reached the Movement round. In player order, you may deliver one shipment of troops to the surface, and then move one group of troops on the planet surface. Any troops shipped to the surface require spice to be paid to the Guild, except for Fremen troops. It costs 1 spice to deploy to a Stronghold, and 2 for deploying anywhere else. You may not ship into a sector in the storm, or a stronghold already occupied by 2 or more players. Bene Gesserit starts the 1st turn with their token in coexistence in Arrakeen; they do not count as being on the board until Tayrun says they do. When moving your troops, they move 1 territory. Fremen troops may move 2 territories. Any player occupying Arrakeen or Carthag at the start of this turn has access to ornithopters, and may move 3 territories. Things to note:

Bene Gesserit may send down 1 of their troops, as a spiritual adviser, for free with any other troop shipment. They may be placed in either the same zone as the other player's shipment in coexistence, or in the Polar Sink. They can also deploy troops as normal, paying the normal price. After you declare where you are shipping your troops, please tag @Tayrun before you make your movement so he has a chance to think about whether to send an adviser or not.

The Guild can take their movement turn at any time they'd like, instead of normal turn order. @MrBody is free to send me a contingency plan for automatically taking his turn, but until he does, please tag him after you are done with your turn to see if he would like to go then.

Unless MrBody wishes to take his turn now, @GrimmyTOA is up first to deploy and move.

Farangu on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Harkonnen ship three into Carthag.

@Tayrun for spiritual advice

• Options
    3 spice paid to the Guild.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The BG must declare if they intend to drop coexistence now, before any moves are made

• Options
    I doubt he would, but yes, @Tayrun must decide if he is dropping coexistence in Arrakeen before any deployments and movements.

• Options
    Coexistence in Carthag.

• Options
    It's Tayrun's choice, not yours.

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    It's Tayrun's choice, not yours.

Yeah, I know. I shipped into Carthag though, so I thought he'd have to come along instead of going to Arrakkeen.

• Options
    It's more for the token he already has on the board, in Arrakeen. If he decides to send one with you to Carthag, he'll have to announce if that one is co-existing as well.

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    It's more for the token he already has on the board, in Arrakeen. If he decides to send one with you to Carthag, he'll have to announce if that one is co-existing as well.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that, then.

• Options
    Actually, the BG is forced to co-exist if they ship along

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Peace with all! Advisor to Carthag.

• Options
    True, but he can also decide to just ship to the Polar Sink.

• Options
    You must announce at the beginning of the movement round, before any movement is started, all territories in which you no longer wish to remain in coexistence. Anytime you end your move in an occupied territory in which you previously have no tokens or another player moves his tokens into a territory only you occupy, you must announce immediately whether or not you will coexist there. You cannot ship with another player (as spiritual advisors) into a territory in which you have stated (or intend to state when you land) that you are not in coexistence that turn. Those territories in which you choose to be (or remain) in coexistence must stay in coexistence for the rest of the turn. Your tokens in territories not in coexistence are treated as normal tokens. It is assumed you are in coexistence unless you state otherwise

• Options
    Grimmy can move a stack of troops now.

• Options
    Tayrun wrote: »
    Peace with all! Advisor to Carthag.

Welcome aboard! We are pleased to have our Wise Mothers to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Move Four from Carthag into Hagga Basin -- the sector with the spice blow, if I need to state that now.

@MrBody to jump into the turn order, if desired.

• Options
    How long do you folks wish to give MrBody to give notification for jumping into the middle of the turn order?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    As it's the first turn and we're still shaking out the kinks I'm inclined to give him a bit of latitude. I obviously don't want the game to atrophy, though.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Latitude here too - he's gotta be crazy busy hosting his first TI game right now.

• Options
    Oh yea, forgot about that.

• Options
    MrBody has sent in his movement preference to me. Atreides to bring in troop shipment. @admanb

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm working an overnight shift this week. Going to either be commuting or sleeping from around 10am-10pm EST. Go ahead without waiting on me during those hours.

MrBody on
  • Options
    That sounds superfun.

• Options
    Guys, landing in strongholds is for losers. Why not take your units on a sightseeing vacation for only 2 spice each?

• Options
    Okay!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    How much money does everyone have?

Also, could we get numbers on the stacks of units?

• Options
    Money is actually not public info. Numbers on stacks would be helpful though

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ship nothing. Move 5 from Arrakeen to spice'd Haggan.

• Options
    I shall be very interested to see which leader you play.

• Options
    Numbers on stacks would be nice, but this Vassal module is not very user friendly. I'm going to see if there's a master file with assets I can use in Gimp tonight instead.

• Options
    Also Mrbody is not moving now, so @Phyphor is free to land troops.

• Options
    Hmm, I think I shall drop 3 normal troops on the Cielago South spice blow. The Emperor shall secure the spice as my loyal subjects are too busy squabbling.

• Options
    No advisor.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Hmm, I think I shall drop 3 normal troops on the Cielago South spice blow. The Emperor shall secure the spice as my loyal subjects are too busy squabbling.

I was of course merely securing it in your name. It seems that some spice-addled youngsters *cough*Atreides*cough* have no respect for propriety.

• Options
    Emperor pays 6 spice to the Guild.

No move from MrBody at this time. Bene Gesserit can decide to ship troops on normally at this time.

• Options
    I have yet to experience a user friendly Vassal module.

Or open source program, for that matter.

• Options
    As it turns out "user friendliness" isn't fun to code!

• Options
    Every open source programmer needs a middle manager yelling at them to put it all in one window!