The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - SS Grand Prix

• paulungapaulunga Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Go Lexxy! Is there anything she CAN'T do? She's awesome. :O

Also, no complaints about the music from me. Was it just me or did it have a slight reminiscence to F-Zero's Mute City.

paulunga on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Pretty light episode. Cool that Lexxy won, but next week's should be awesome. It looks like PA is going to be the attendees at the Strip Search Con that they set up. Hoping for some masterful acting from Mr. Khoo.

KoopahTroopah on
    Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN - 1639-6388-9968 - Switch
    Xeavnduddles
  • maplebeemaplebee Registered User regular
    I can see where this would have been a ton of fun to participate in, but it's not a particularly interesting challenge to watch :S

risingtableXeavnduddlesShpydarmetrometro
  • MekkaBMekkaB Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    That's cool that Yngwie Malmsteen sat in for the musics... and I just want to say "Mario Kart 64 Bowsers Castle cheat."

MekkaB on
  • BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    sketchity wrote: »
    i thought abby's best line was "at least i know, that among these people i could fulfill my dream of being... a race car driver. the breathless delivery on the last phrase sold it.

Yeah, that girl's so naturally, effortlessly, charmingly funny pretty much everything* she says cracks me up but I didn't include that final one in my post because I already had three of her moments and it was starting to feel unbalanced.

* Except for when she was crying last week of course. I'm not a monster.

Am I the only one who was secretly hoping someone would slide into the pond?

Probably not considering at least two people said the same thing in posts above yours?

Oh wait, if they already said they hoped someone would end up in the pond then they weren't secretly hoping.

Or were they?

Bucho on
    Spman2099emarecksaykay
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Pros - Nice to see everyone having fun, Abby is always good value. Would love to see her win it all.
    Cons - A pretty lifeless episode, felt sorry for the editor who had to try to make it interesting.

risingtableElbasunuXeavnkatamariusduddlesfraggyShpydaremarecksaykaymetrometro
  • endikuendiku Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    It was so pleasing to see a smile on everyone's face.

Lexxy vs Tavis- neck and neck, a little reproduction of their Elimination round. It looked like Tavis was the most skilled and set to win, but then Lexxy comes out ahead with her cool but ambitious control. There are no "throw away episodes" of Strip Search.

It was great to see Erika doing her best despite having no driving experience and probably being a bit terrified. I'm sure the physical activity was a great way to take the sting off of losing Amy.

Once again, the design of having a fun competition to take the edge off of losing one contestant is well done.

Next they have to "sell" themselves at their merch booth. How did I not see this coming? Tuesday can't come quick enough.

endiku on
    emarecksaykayNotaCylon
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    There will be a ping-pong challenge, we saw it in the first episode. By the way, that shot is a spoiler, in that it shows a participant who will not be eliminated today.

I must have a good memory because I still remember who was playing ping pong after watching that teaser ONCE before the show even started. In fact that teaser is FILLED with spoilers that apparently stretch pretty far into the run of the show. I had the first two challenges spoiled because I remembered shots of Katie participating in challenges that hadn't yet been shown, and I knew that Amy was going to stick around at least for a while because it includes mid-season clips of her. I haven't gone back to check but I've heard people say it even spoils Lexxy's return(though obviously you wouldn't have understood the the context until it happened on the show)! Regardless, that's unbelievable!

I'm amazed they put that video up, and I'm even more amazed that they haven't taken it down. I've even messaged Mike, Jerry and Khoo with that suggestion, if only to mitigate the chance of spoilers, but it remains up? I find that baffling (considering how otherwise careful they seem to be to avoid spoilers) and I can't believe I haven't seen trolls coming on to the forum to post spoilers yet.

If that ping pong clip happens to be one of the last challenges in the series I'm gonna be so annoyed.

Lamp on
  • cubelovercubelover Registered User regular
    Skipped 99% of this episode - brutally poor episode. Oh well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The expanding media is a system pacifying and distracting consumers from the oppressive drudgery of their lives" - Digital Play
    duddlesfraggy
  • Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    The episode could have used turtle shells!

And in Erika's defense shortcuts are allowed in Mariokart!

Come on Final 4! (Maki, Tavis, Katie, Abby)

emarecksaykay
  • WarribsWarribs Registered User regular
    Have these people never drove before, like seriously. I would have hauled so much ass, given a decent rental go-cart.

And if not, in the pond I will find my peace.

NotaCylon
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think they should have allowed Mario Kart rules and given it to Erika.

walrus.png
    emarecksaykay
  • tynanaideentynanaideen Registered User regular
    I wonder if the owners would have been mad if one of them had smuggled a banana into the car to use as a HILARIOUS weapon.

makitoriemarecksaykayNotaCylon
  • neonfungineonfungi Registered User regular
    @Cubelover
    So you concluded it was a bad episode after only about 20 seconds?

Shpydaremarecksaykay
    The owners were probably thinking, `these god damn nerds are going to destroy our go carts.'

walrus.png
    MKF36ERottonappleelectricsheepTheSpyderemarecksaykayNotaCylonTofystedeth
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Now I want to go karting. There's an F1 Kart place near me too!

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    emarecksaykay
  • makitorimakitori Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Ha! I came off way more smug than I meant to :D

MKF36ERottonappleSpman2099KoopahTroopahmml007SaintPeterwn.mikenhainesBuchoDexOZemarecksaykayspillfishNotaCylon
  • HostileHostile Registered User new member
    edited April 2013
    Maybe it's just me, but you tube is only showing this episode as 5:39 minutes. It stops right before they start the qualifying lap.

EDIT: NM, I opened the video in a few window at YT and it's fine now.

Hostile on
  • Doak22Doak22 Registered User regular
    The music is worse than Maki's driving.

Brawl: 1246.8412.5352
    fraggyWarribs
  • MKF36EMKF36E Untitled EarthRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Does anyone else hope they do just, like, 1 episode of daily life around the house? Or has that Real World show spoiled me?

MKF36E on
    duddlesparmeisanBuchoemarecksaykay
    That Real World show has probably killed like half your brain cells.

I could see more "behind the scenes" stuff on the DVD.

walrus.png
    MKF36Eemarecksaykayspillfish
  • Candy SmugglerCandy Smuggler Registered User new member
    No doubt the most, and only, boring episode yet. The music was not helping either. With that said, i'm looking forward to next episode.

duddlesmetrometro
  • stoolpigeonstoolpigeon Registered User regular
    I don't know who will win - who is the best comic artist, etc. but every episode I am more impressed with Abby. She is a riot.

SaintPeterBuchoemarecksaykayNotaCylon
  • GeekfatherGeekfather Registered User regular
    I think I'm developing a crush on Abby...

SaintPeterBuchoNotaCylon
  • Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    makitori wrote: »

Welcome to my world, Maki. I feel like I would give the editing crew WAY too much rope to hang me with if I were in a reality show. Half the things I say come out horribly wrong. While I have not yet been diagnosed, I believe I am a victim of foot-in-mouth disease...

emarecksaykay
  • katamariuskatamarius aclastic islandRegistered User regular
    Every time an artist said they sucked at Mario Kart, I died a little. I hope this improves your skill set!

emarecksaykayWarribs
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I did not particularly enjoy this episode. I have nothing against the challenge nor the competitors, but it was just a boring watch (and an even more boring prize). Oh well, I guess, they can't all be my cup of tea.

86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
    ElbasunududdlesTheSpydermogdemon
  • zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    If I hear that guitar loop again I might lose it. Yeah, also not such a great prize.

It was funny to watch everyone be so bad it though.

Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
    fraggy
  • enderandrewenderandrew Registered User regular
    @MAKITORI - I interpreted your comment to mean that you had a brush with elimination and survived. You were grateful to remain on the show, and wasn't too worried about your ability to race a go kart. I didn't perceive smugness at all.

I suppose someone else can interpret the statement as "I survived the Thunderdome and perceive myself to be a god, so this is beneath me!"

But that isn't at all in line with anything else I've seen of you in this show.

emarecksaykay
  • JermsJerms Registered User regular
    I want them to go back in time and change the challenge to a horse-related thing so we can see Monica explode with glee. So cute in a helmet 4 sizes too big for her. :D

NotaCylon
  • jslocombjslocomb Registered User regular
    Great episode. Based on the PATV show, competing and playing is an important part of the culture in the office. It was good to see a non art-based challenge.

emarecksaykay
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Next time mount laser tag on the karts.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    emarecksaykay
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    I didn't like this episode. It feels like filler. The artists didn't seem very much in it. The prize was also mediocre.

The cutting for this episode could use work. I was confused most of the time at who was winning who was losing. the tracker didn't help. An overhead cam would have helped alot. It would also give me a lay of what the track looks like. Maybe go for a head quaters setup. the top view of the track tracking everyones position and pulling in to a head cam or kart cam when a spin out or off road happens.

Artists, rule of thumb wide turns. start from the outside line from the curve and then do the turn. It gives you more space to do your turn and less sharp an angle for the turn. This will prevent spin outs.

THat said next challenge is something I look forward to. khoo coming out to troll will be fun to see.

duddlesemarecksaykay
    laser tag on horses

walrus.png
    BuchoMKF36ENotaCylon
  • ShpydirShpydir Registered User regular
    The music for the race sounds really familiar. Like the soundtrack to the racing game that inspired most of the Mirror's Edge music. I just can't remember what that game was.

• JermsJerms Registered User regular
    makitori wrote: »
    LOL! To misquote Dame Judy, "Smugness and coming last seldom go hand-in-hand". :mrgreen:

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Illieas wrote: »
    I didn't like this episode. It feels like filler. The artists didn't seem very much in it. The prize was also mediocre.

The cutting for this episode could use work. I was confused most of the time at who was winning who was losing. the tracker didn't help. An overhead cam would have helped alot. It would also give me a lay of what the track looks like. Maybe go for a head quaters setup. the top view of the track tracking everyones position and pulling in to a head cam or kart cam when a spin out or off road happens.

Artists, rule of thumb wide turns. start from the outside line from the curve and then do the turn. It gives you more space to do your turn and less sharp an angle for the turn. This will prevent spin outs.

THat said next challenge is something I look forward to. khoo coming out to troll will be fun to see.

The track configuration was one of these. They were on the South course, so either South Concourse or South Sprint; I'd guess South Concourse.

Also, for those of you trying to figure out production schedules, they drove out to Kent for this.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    emarecksaykay
  • hotzphotzp Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    This was a fun social challenge, and while it lacked the drama of a competitive or elimination episode, I still enjoyed it overall. The best moment had to be Lexxy's, "How does car?" talking head quote, though. You could tell both Katie and Maki were both pretty hesitant to race all-out, and it was nice to see Erika go for it even if she wasn't comfortable driving in the first place.

• nerfherderhannerfherderhan Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Strip Search Kart! I love that everyone came in so timid, but came out pretty into it. Adrenaline and fun have a way of doing that even if you don't think you would like it.

Oh there is for sure a ping pong challenge coming with the way these. If I had to guess, it's probably one of the last social challenges. I want in on that SO bad. Would love to see how I fair against the PA crew. Been training at my work down in PDX if PA needs a new company to play against...

• adanzepedaadanzepeda Registered User regular
    I could have seen this being a "bonus episode" where the track would be littered with small prizes for the racers to either spend their time picking up, or getting the fastest time and winning a bigger prize.