Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - SS Grand Prix

1235»

• NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    I wonder if they were filming this while the Vault of Winter strips were running over at Penny Arcade...

• BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    makitori wrote: »
    Ha! I came off way more smug than I meant to :D

It's only one episode after you proved yourself to be plenty humble by agreeing with Mike and Jerry that their idea for your comic was better than your idea. So anyone accusing you of any kind of smugness is not really telling you you're smug. They're telling you they haven't been paying attention.

That's just good science.

• DevoninDevonin Registered User regular
    Bucho wrote: »
    makitori wrote: »
    Ha! I came off way more smug than I meant to :D

It's only one episode after you proved yourself to be plenty humble by agreeing with Mike and Jerry that their idea for your comic was better than your idea. So anyone accusing you of any kind of smugness is not really telling you you're smug. They're telling you they haven't been paying attention.

That's just good science.

Because you weren't smug before, you aren't smug now. Inductive logic: not really good science.

emarecksaykay
  • djlowballerdjlowballer Registered User regular
    Watching the artists safely drive go-karts was not interesting at all. Chase them with something last time and force anybody caught as the candidates for elimination. Reward the truly daring with immunity.

• kscullykscully Registered User regular
    I am very interested to find out what Khoo does that is branded "totally inappropriate" by Erika, who let's not forget, started reeling off a list of virginities during an interview.

• seegruseegru Master of None St. PaulRegistered User regular
    Good Stuff!

• BrenderousBrenderous Registered User regular
    As an Albertan, the idea of being 20-something years old and not driving is INSANE. I wouldn't be able to get anywhere! Our public transit sucks so hard it takes like an hour to get across the city.

• ReverendwyrmReverendwyrm CaliforniaRegistered User new member
    I hate Abby so much I hate her art. I hate her big chin. I think she might not be neurologically typical. I want her to lose

I love Abby's comic so much that I love Abby and think her chin is majestic, not really sure about that brain bit. I want her to win.

If there is something broken in Abby's brain it has made her a comedic genius.

I could not agree more! Her comics are hilarious and bizarre which I love...despite the tangent on her stand-up. ;)

• IntrepydIntrepyd Registered User regular
    These people are enjoyable to watch because they're so genuine and self deprecating. It seems like the price of admission for reality shows is usually a fake and self aggrandizing personality.

Anyway, I think this episode shows that Strip Search is still finding its feet as entertainment. I love the series, but this episode just wasn't very entertaining. The racing had no stakes, not that it would have made a huge difference, because there were no indications of who was winning. There was a ticker with the standings, but it didn't seem to correspond to anything happening on screen. Maybe it's not a fault of the show, but just the nature of filming a cart race.

I'm not opposed to social challenges without direct stakes for the competition, but carting seems an odd choice for artists. There were no skills or personalities on display. It was like watching a group of random people play a pick up game of basketball.

It's just a nitpick. The series has managed to generate some pretty awesome drama, and some great art.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    It's not really intended to have stakes. They call it a "social challenge" for a reason: its chief purpose is to provide a bonding opportunity for the artists. There's a prize, but note how it's never even brought up until the challenge is over and someone has already won it. (Contrast with, say, a Survivor reward challenge, where Jeff Probst always asks, "Wanna know what you're playing for?")

The standings, I think, were corresponding to standings if it were a straight-up race. Even though fastest-lap was what they were officially going by.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    edit:
    wrong episode...

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
  • j0ebotj0ebot Registered User new member
    Ok, we need a Strip Search Kart Racing game. You start with the characters of these 7 artists (the one they drew of themselves). Then you can unlock the other 5, Tycho, Gabe, and the creepy doll thing from LRR. And Maki's kart is a pineapple!

mogdemonmiaAusa
  • AmakeAmake Registered User regular
    I love seeing those moves only someone who's played a lot of Super Mario Kart and driven very few motor vehicles would think of doing. And yes I recognize them because I've done them too.

1235»