As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Question about page numbering in MS Word

GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
Does anybody know if it's possible to format page numbers in Microsoft Word so that the numbers appear as words?

IE, what I want is the page numbers to say

Page One
Page Two
Page Three

All I can find are options for numerals, or even Roman numerals, but not numbers-as-words.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/format-page-numbers-HP005230577.aspx

See if that helps you, not sure if it's applicable to your version of Word or not.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know where the options to change the page number format are. The problem is that the numbers as words don't seem to be one of the default options. I only have 1, 2, 3 and A, B, C, etc.

Thanks, though.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hmm there's a second option to put it in the footer, guess you could probably fake what you want with a macro?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AnhierdAnhierd Registered User new member
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Does anybody know if it's possible to format page numbers in Microsoft Word so that the numbers appear as words?

Page One
    Page Two
    Page Three

All I can find are options for numerals, or even Roman numerals, but not numbers-as-words.

Would using the following Field code get you something like what you want {PAGE \*CardText \*CAPS} ?

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Anhierd wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

Page One
    Page Two
    Page Three

Would using the following Field code get you something like what you want {PAGE \*CardText \*CAPS} ?

Yes, do this. In case you don't already know how, the process may be kind of arcane but I think this should work for most versions of Word:

1. Insert a page number with whatever format.
    2. Go into your footer (or header, if that's where you put it) and right click on the number.
    3. Choose Edit Field
    4. Click Field Codes
    5. Put in what Anhierd said, PAGE \*CardText \*CAPS