As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Neverwinter] is coming.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Clerics are pretty boss btw. I was pissing off my friend one weekend by knocking enemies away from him but he could yell at me because i was the only thing keeping him alive.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i want. these. mod tools!

• Options
    I actually forgot about the forge bevause when i checked it it was all "easy xp and gold"

• Options
    did you throw down for this? or is the beta accessible by mortal men and women

• Options
    I was in the beta weekends because pc gamer. I also get a black horse when it goes live.

• Options
    ooh, fancy. i'm gonna tell you to get off your high horse when it's out btw

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    My roommate threw down for it, so I got to dink around during one of the weekends. Totally rolling cleric.

That slide.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    The slide is pretty dope. I'm still debating between a guardian fighter and great weapon fighter.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, another fantasy MMO in a setting so tired I can't even muster up the energy to dislike it

I wonder how well this one will do!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Oh hey, another fantasy MMO in a setting so tired I can't even muster up the energy to dislike it

I wonder how well this one will do!

If you can't muster hate for the setting that made the drow you are dead inside

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Why do you have a problem with a race of black people that are inherently evil?!!?!?

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    magic user baby whaaaat

• Options
    Cause spider themes are dumb.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I...

I kinda like the drow.

They're neat!

It's unfortunate that the only (as far as I know) matriarchal society in the Forgotten Realms is a super-evil race of dark-skinned cave dwellers. but they have spider magic and shit!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    something tells me this game plays nothing like the previews

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    it plays like an ARPG from what I've heard elsewhere

main abilities/attacks tied to left and right mouse button, click to attack

special ability hotkeys with cooldowns of varying lengths

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I'ma going to roll cleric in this

Everyone loves having a cleric around

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Has there been a lot of talk about the alignment system in this?

• Options
    No because alignments are dumb.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    No alieghment in it as of the last beta weekend.

Melding on
  • Options
    Hour and ten to go, Mind Flayer seems to be the server of choice. Even if you already have a group on a different server planned, apparently they're only doing the multiple server thing for a month after launch and then merging them together anyway.

• Options
    ValaganteValagante Pony on the run. Registered User regular
    I...

I kinda like the drow.

They're neat!

It's unfortunate that the only (as far as I know) matriarchal society in the Forgotten Realms is a super-evil race of dark-skinned cave dwellers. but they have spider magic and shit!

I thought the Rashemen (Rashemites? Rashemi?) were kinda matriarchal?

That aside the only vaguely interesting thing in this game is the Forge.
    I might give it a shot if it gets bards but otherwise I just can't bother really.

I don't take myself seriously.
    You shouldn't take me seriously either.
    Saints Row 1 just wasn't ridiculous enough.
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The fact that they currently have fighters, clerics, wizards, and rogues...

And next on the list is rangers and warlocks,

Makes me think that after that will be paladins and druids, because that will be all eight of the classes from the Heroes of the F... books.

Granted, they're not Essentials subclasses, but they are the same classes.

Then will probably be the barbarian and the bard, interspersed with another wizard and maybe another cleric.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Everything that makes Neverwinter Nights great seems to not be in this game, with the exception of the foundry. Hell, if someone just remade Neverwinter Nights 1 with modern graphics and the additional character options from NWN2, I would buy that game AND pay a monthly subscription. The ease of use for making your own campaigns was seriously awesome.

This just looks like a DLC cash-in MMO that happens to have Neverwinter painted on it at some point midway through production to me.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Everything that makes Neverwinter Nights great seems to not be in this game, with the exception of the foundry. Hell, if someone just remade Neverwinter Nights 1 with modern graphics and the additional character options from NWN2, I would buy that game AND pay a monthly subscription. The ease of use for making your own campaigns was seriously awesome.

This just looks like a DLC cash-in MMO that happens to have Neverwinter painted on it at some point midway through production to me.

Well, the storyline is based on the 4e Neverwinter/Forgotten Realms setting, so...everything's a lot different.

• Options
    I've been told the Foundry content so far has been pretty nice, and it's only been a couple of days.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »

Well, the storyline is based on the 4e Neverwinter/Forgotten Realms setting, so...everything's a lot different.

Yeah, but it wasn't really the host setting that made Neverwinter amazing, it was how you could use it for whatever campaign you wanted to run.

I'm crossing my fingers for the foundry. That's really gonna make or break my interest.

• Options
    Game is up right now. Play play play!

• Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    Is anyone else getting a blank white launcher? This is annoying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Are people having more luck with the direct or torrent download?

e: torrent was giving me nothing. Direct took a while to get cranking, but it's over 100 KB/s now, which is...decent.

Tox on
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    For me, the torrent took a little time to spin up, but was going at like 1.2 megs after a while.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It seems like there's a lot of clerics, so I'm probably going to go for a fighter or maybe a wizard. Depends on how bad wizards are in anything resembling melee. They shouldn't be, but control wizards, I could see that being a thing.

Now, if it was a staff wizard...

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    this is suuuper laggy right now, good gracious

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    That's going to be the class after ranger, melee wizard

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    That's going to be the class after ranger, melee wizard

Is that all they've said? "melee wizard" ?

Because that could be a blade singer.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Valagante wrote: »
    I...

I kinda like the drow.

They're neat!

I thought the Rashemen (Rashemites? Rashemi?) were kinda matriarchal?

That aside the only vaguely interesting thing in this game is the Forge.
    I might give it a shot if it gets bards but otherwise I just can't bother really.

rashemeni

and yes, Rashemen is a matriarchal society

less so than the Drow, but still

• Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    I made a Cleric!
    Clerics can't/don't use maces!

Fuck this game!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    What. Clerics are all about maces. Thats like, the Clerics go to weapon!

Anyway, I'm going to download this while I'm at class. Going to make a shield guy fighter

• Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    Yeah, clerics are all about, like, the power of christ compels you to get smashed in your face with my big-ass mace.
    And of course the cleric is a drunk fat dwarf.

Now I'm just a drunk fat dwarf running around with some pussy ass holy amulet or what-fucking-ever. Fuck that.

• Options
    Well, I mean, they're broken down by build, and the cleric they currently have is basically the laser cleric. So, yeah, holy symbol.