As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Would You Like A Million Dollar Laptop? (Yes, 1,000,000!)

2»

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A million dollars and it's only 17"?

Fuck that.

DarkPrimus on
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Would companies please stop using alternate spellings of actual words as their product/tech? It makes my head esplode every time I read "Blue Ray" in print and on "news" websites.

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Would companies please stop using alternate spellings of actual words as their product/tech? It makes my head esplode every time I read "Blue Ray" in print and on "news" websites.

At least they aren't calling it Blue Laser

300px-nanasbackyard.png

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ill take one of those carbon fiber vaios over that, and it'll only cost me like $2k.

variant on
  • gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually, the companies are fine. News websites need to stop trying to "correct" the misspelled brandnames. If the brand is Blu-Ray, then that's what you print. Or, do they blow their nose on a clean-ex and drink cocaine-cola-nut?

gilrain on
  • NaregNareg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just another piece of luxurious technocrap to be featured in the next James Bond film.....

Nareg on
    Back off man, I'm a scientist!
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

At least they aren't calling it Blue Laser

HD-DVD? What about HHDDWDDBVD?

DarkPrimus on
  • WankyWanky Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There is an integrated screen cleaning device and a very rare coloured diamond piece of jewellery that doubles up as the power button when placed into the laptop and also acts as security identification.

I demand clarification.

Wanky on
  • sushijerksushijerk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If rappers became computer nerds all of a sudden, this laptop is what will be in the next Jay-Z video. Seriously, the hip hop community is the only one I can see that this would remotely appeal to. I know that there are no techies out there who would buy this.

sushijerk on
  • Captain CharismaCaptain Charisma __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Nareg wrote: »
    Just another piece of luxurious technocrap to be featured in the next James Bond film.....

Nope. Bond uses a Vaio. Silly, but not a million quid silly.

Captain Charisma on
  • Ownage JonesOwnage Jones Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    If your diamond encrusted PSP and blinged out Escalade aren't enough, sitting there in your Armani suit eating caviar and drinking champagne, then perhaps you should try out a one million dollar laptop from luxury designer Luvaglio. That's cheap at twice the price! What do you get at one million dollars? A PS4! (I kid in love)
    Gizmag wrote:
    UK-based bespoke luxury goods creator Luvaglio has created the first million dollar laptop. That’s what the first of their luxury laptops will sell for. Full details of the laptop have not been released at this point, but it is known that it incorporates a 17" widescreen LED lit screen with a specially designed anti-reflective glare coating for clear and brighter image, 128GB of Solid State Disk space and a slot loading Blue-Ray drive. There is an integrated screen cleaning device and a very rare coloured diamond piece of jewellery that doubles up as the power button when placed into the laptop and also acts as security identification.

For a million smackers, I'd want a bit more then an integrated screen cleaing device....

:lol:

If you have a million dollars, you should know that you can get a better laptop than this.

Ownage Jones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently playing: Infamous, Resident Evil 5
    Need to play: Shadow Complex, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, MW2, Alpha Protocol
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    rayofash on
  • mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    If your diamond encrusted PSP and blinged out Escalade aren't enough, sitting there in your Armani suit eating caviar and drinking champagne, then perhaps you should try out a one million dollar laptop from luxury designer Luvaglio. That's cheap at twice the price! What do you get at one million dollars? A PS4! (I kid in love)
    Gizmag wrote:
    UK-based bespoke luxury goods creator Luvaglio has created the first million dollar laptop. That’s what the first of their luxury laptops will sell for. Full details of the laptop have not been released at this point, but it is known that it incorporates a 17" widescreen LED lit screen with a specially designed anti-reflective glare coating for clear and brighter image, 128GB of Solid State Disk space and a slot loading Blue-Ray drive. There is an integrated screen cleaning device and a very rare coloured diamond piece of jewellery that doubles up as the power button when placed into the laptop and also acts as security identification.

For a million smackers, I'd want a bit more then an integrated screen cleaing device....

:lol:

If you have a million dollars, you should know that you can get a better laptop than this.

the type of people who would buy this would buy it to prove that money means nothing to them. Because apparently somebody's supposed to give a shit that money means nothing to them.

I don't care, and I doubt anybody outside of celebrity watchers cares either.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • SolidXtremeSolidXtreme Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    does it blow you?

SolidXtreme on
    solidxtreme.png
  • Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm paying a million dollars and it still runs Vista.

*tsk*

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would guess that that "128GB Solid State Disk" comprises a large part of the cost. That's a LOT of SD cards. :P
    Threepio wrote: »
    lol Sony.

Oh fuck. Wrong thread. Sorry lads.

Well, it does have a Blu-Ray drive.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    see, from a nerd's perspective, imagine taking it home, installing something like Supreme Commander or S.T.A.L.K.E.R, setting everything to maximum.. then seeing the framerate drop.

I think i'd probably cry.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm sorry but...can't you like, buy the world's most expensive luxury car for this much or am I seriously mistaken? And couldn't, for 4 more million, you buy a Veyron? And wouldn't that be cooler to have?

electricitylikesme on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There's a lot better things you could buy with that kind of money.

Meiz on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Uhh for 1 million dollars you think they could of made the laptop a little better..

Also I like this
    There is an integrated screen cleaning device and a very rare coloured diamond piece of jewellery that doubles up as the power button when placed into the laptop and also acts as security identification.

Sorry I lost the keys to my laptop..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    gilrain wrote: »
    Actually, the companies are fine. News websites need to stop trying to "correct" the misspelled brandnames. If the brand is Blu-Ray, then that's what you print. Or, do they blow their nose on a clean-ex and drink cocaine-cola-nut?

Actually, just to be nit-picky, Coca-cola is more correct than cocaine-cola.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fucking capitalist dogs.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Sol wrote: »
    This will be bought by the same people who somehow encourage Victoria's Secret to keep cranking out the $1 million jewel-encrusted bra each year, despite the fact that it's likely the most uncomfortable piece of clothing ever.

I know for a fact it's not.

There's an off-topic yet fascinating story that now must be told.

Bumped because dammit, I want to hear about the bra.

Ok, quit stalling on the bra tale. Out with it, now!

Docken on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe they haven't worn the bra but have worn something they consider MORE uncomfortable.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would imagine with a million dollars I could build an absolute beast of a desktop, then hire a harem of high class hookers to carry it around for me.

see317 on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If I had a million dollars, I'd just buy a macbook pro and a shit-ton of coke.

ben0207 on
  • MunroMunro Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    sushijerk wrote: »
    If rappers became computer nerds all of a sudden, this laptop is what will be in the next Jay-Z video. Seriously, the hip hop community is the only one I can see that this would remotely appeal to. I know that there are no techies out there who would buy this.

Yeah, because rappers are the only nouveau rich in the entire world.

Munro on