As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Little Giant Bomb: Videogames Are Bullshit

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Huntera wrote: »
    Cold pizza is like hella not good.

I would never eat that if given the choice between warm & cold pizza.

I'd microwave a pizza before I'd eat it cold, even.

Oh I've got one hell of a skill challenge for Oristok now, @Huntera

Gatsby on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    @T4CT I based that p4 sketch I did of you off yosuke

Take that as you will

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    @T4CT I based that p4 sketch I did of you off yosuke

Take that as you will

perfect

btw i still love this sketch and the offer to pay you to ink it is still OPEN

• Options
    I can give it a shot with my ink brushes the next chance I get.

• Options
    also my thoughts re: yosuke are that he's a fun cool guy who has a bunch of character flaws that seem to include being a little sexist and possibly a little homophobic but in the "i am still a highschool student and not a magically enlightened being and am still not living in the real world yet so I treat things that make me uncomfortable less delicately than I should" sort of way

which describes most everyone i knew in highschool! they grew out of it and one day yosuke will too and he will still be a fun guy who's passionate about things and we'll have cool bbqs

it's all in my fan fic

• Options

kk just pm me and lemme know what you want in return

pizza, cash, nudes, games, nudes, nudes

nudes

nudes

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

kk just pm me and lemme know what you want in return

pizza, cash, nudes, games, nudes, nudes

nudes

nudes

Ask to be paid in metal gear videos

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    also my thoughts re: yosuke are that he's a fun cool guy who has a bunch of character flaws that seem to include being a little sexist and possibly a little homophobic but in the "i am still a highschool student and not a magically enlightened being and am still not living in the real world yet so I treat things that make me uncomfortable less delicately than I should" sort of way

which describes most everyone i knew in highschool! they grew out of it and one day yosuke will too and he will still be a fun guy who's passionate about things and we'll have cool bbqs

it's all in my fan fic

All that's totally true and valid

The complaints about Yosuke tend to be at a narrative level

Like his portrayal is realistic and reasonable for someone his age but also he never gets smacked down for being a jerk, which creates the impression that the game is tacitly approving of his attitude

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How do you guys feel about these giant bomb fellers?

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Get your giantbomb

out of the persona thread.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Cold pizza is like hella not good.

I would never eat that if given the choice between warm & cold pizza.

I'd microwave a pizza before I'd eat it cold, even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-8iYzZd5c

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Dux wrote: »
    Get your giantbomb

out of the persona thread.

TxKQCnJ.jpg

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

it's all in my fan fic

All that's totally true and valid

The complaints about Yosuke tend to be at a narrative level

Like his portrayal is realistic and reasonable for someone his age but also he never gets smacked down for being a jerk, which creates the impression that the game is tacitly approving of his attitude

I'm not sure that's the case, Kanji threatens to beat the shit out of him at least once and I'm sure Naoto gets really pissed off with him at some point as well.

Also, (Yosuke social link spoilers):
    by level 10 he's all "I'm a messed up jerk, please knock some sense into me, Charlie".

I'd agree that the game never explicitly addresses some of the complaints made about him here.
    But like T4CT said, he's a 15 year old guy, they're universally terrible.
    And will probably stay terrible for a few years yet.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Part of the problem with Yosuke (and p4 in general) is how the social link plots are isolated from the rest of the story
    so Yosuke can hit rank 10 early on and have all this character growth but then go right back to being a dick in the main story

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was just gonna edit that into my post.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    in persona 5 yosuke better be the endlessly berated intern at naoto and kanji's kuzunoha detective agency

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Leveling up all these low characters in fire emblem is taking forever even with the dlc. I'm about ready to give up on donnel.

Leveling is way easier in hard mode compared to normal if you are playing in normal mode

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Jack, do you know what day it is today?

tumblr_mlrvpsUic61qk2cmjo1_500.png

(click for hi-rezzz)

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    in persona 5 yosuke better be the endlessly berated intern at naoto and kanji's kuzunoha detective agency

I'd watch it

• Options

(click for hi-rezzz)

We're not exactly what you'd call

Huuuuuman

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    P5 should try and incorporate the Social Links into the story.

Like how in P4
    Dojima still hauls you in for the suspicious letter even if you've sorted out his issue of being the World's Most Medocire Dad and helped his daughter out with everything in her life.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Dojima's in the right, there

just because you get close with someone doesn't mean you automatically get a pass on everything

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    In P4
    You should be able to just stand up and stick your head in the fucking tv after dojima says I STILL DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS TV BUSINESS at nanakos party

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My nephew helped me find a bunch of a jade animal statues in Sleeping Dogs. I think I have all the ones I can so far-- the last three are inside missions or something. Wei learned a ton of moves and a had some some surprisingly well-written conversations with his master. The arm breaker combo and the leg breaker combo make me wince. I'm relieved the noise isn't right. I had to take some time away from the TV when I watched Ong Bak. That movie had the noise you hear when you break a limb down just about perfectly.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The validity of cold pizza depends a lot on what toppings you got.

Also it need to actually be cold, cold pizza is not at all the same as lukewarm/room temperature pizza

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Still waiting for someone to get me a vita so I can play P4g.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    Pineapple in my opinion is the bane of cold pizza.

Olives, of course, are the king.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Yeah Hawaiian pizza is not a thing that works cold

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Chie is the worst of the main cast hth

Get bent!

sig.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    pepperoni and pineapple is better than Hawaiian pizza

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    The very existence of pineapple pizza is a crime against humanity.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    Pineapple's not my favourite, as it doesn't go super well with olives, which are my favourite.

But they have their place. Goatmon get better opinions or as a resident of just-subtropical Australia I am uniquely positioned to fill your house with pineapples.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options

(click for hi-rezzz)

Damn it I made that post yesterday and nobody paid any attention to it. :[

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Also real quick aside re: MGS2
    Always bothered the fuck out of me that Solidus goes "200 years ago today they signed the declaration of independence"

and like even 12 years ago as a Canadian teenager I knew that was bullshit and that the game didn't take place in 1989. Solidus makes it sound like an exact figure but really he's off by 20 years and this is basic historical fact WAIT A MINUTE THE PATRIOTS HOLY SHIT

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    SimBen wrote: »
    Always bothered the fuck out of me that Solidus goes "200 years ago today they signed the declaration of independence"

and like even 12 years ago as a Canadian teenager I knew that was bullshit and that the game didn't take place in 1989. Solidus makes it sound like an exact figure but really he's off by 20 years and this is basic historical fact WAIT A MINUTE THE PATRIOTS HOLY SHIT
    I'm not sure why the game taking place in 1989 would make it correct, since the document was signed in 1776, not 1789. And in any case, he was probably also wrong because the document wasn't signed on July 4, it was simply dated July 4 because that was when they could get it printed out. Independence day is actually July 2, and the document wasn't even signed until August 2.

Langly on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

The game would have to take place in 1976. 1989 would be the 200th anniversary of the constitution going into effect.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Yeah Hawaiian pizza is not a thing that works cold

I disagree

I had cold hawaiian pizza for two meals yesterday and it was great

• Options
    On the other hand, congrats on getting closer to knowing those dates than most naturally born US citizens.

• Options
    Yeah th date in question is April 30, the day George Washington was inaugurated at federal hall, the site of the final boss battle of mgs2

This discussion has been closed.