Options

[Riptide] Dead Island 2 Adventures in caricatures and torsos

2»

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    urahonky wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Around the web. This thread is tiny compared to others.

That's moreso because the game is basically an expansion of the first and $40. Once it goes on sale for cheap I'm sure this thread will blow up.

Yep, most of the thread activity here does seem to be influenced by what's on sale. Which is kind of bleh when it's retreading the same criticisms/arguments/questions/etc that were ran through at launch, but meh...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

That's moreso because the game is basically an expansion of the first and $40. Once it goes on sale for cheap I'm sure this thread will blow up.

I really doubt that.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    I am getting in a very annoying habit that every time a zombie drops less than 30 $, im thinking.... damn 24$ thats gangsta!

17-dollars.jpg

It definitely makes sense that regardless of personal level that zombies should not have scaling cash, it is still brutal, also no shared stash is saaaaad.

That said I really wish there was a customize your avatar set of drops that are just rare drops, sunglasses, hats, Hawaiian shirts, combat boots, beer helmet, etc. logan could definitely use a thong.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm at a loss as to how much money zombies carries equates to something being "gangsta" or not. you're going to have to help me on out here, please...

the picture doesn't help either.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    It is just being level 70 and getting such small cash drops hardly even worth picking up, which makes me think of the demotivational. It isn't meant to imply carrying so little money is actually gangster or poser, rather just killing a nasty monster checking his pockets and seeing 12 dollars and my idiot brain going 12 dollars bro, that's gangster!

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    If you're a firearm user you'll scramble for every bit of cash you can to buy bullet materials!

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The main joy of this game is just the up close and personal brutality of killing zombies. It is basically one giant power trip dismembering them or sticking your shotgun barrel right up to their face and pulling the trigger.

There are human enemies, but their ai is pretty bad so they are basically zombies with guns.

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The human enemies are so boring. If I wanted to kill people I wouldn't have bought Dead Island.

edit: in a GAME I mean, obviously /8

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular

I really doubt that.

Hey that's cool. Whatever. I know a lot of people (including myself) waiting for a price drop. But then again I've been getting into that habit more recently.

• Options
    DelinatorDelinator Registered User regular
    My game keeps freezing after killing the first wave of infected during the second defense of the temple ruins in chapter 5. Does anyone else have that problem?

• Options
    No but Ive had some screwy issues with the game freezing when it tries to run its background process, try killing Berkelium process the process tab of task manager and redoing it?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So I got this last night in what was a blurry haze of gift bombs and loud noises. @Gear Girl completely decimated my wishlist and I've been wondering how playable this is solo? I'm only able to get ina few minutes of gameplay now and then.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I like it more solo then co-op. Co-op is fun but it's more chaotic then I'd like. I'd say 80% of my play time in both games is solo. I haven't even tried co-op in Riptise; it was so screwed up in the first game I probably will never bother.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    I thought it fit the world perfectly in the first one. Just complete over the top mayhem. Though I reckon I'd probably prefer to play through solo first to experience it at my own pace.

• Options
    I hated that you could never get the Quest XP to work for whoever joined the game; it would never synch up. You had to start characters together and then never play them apart at all.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

I was really put off by the whole thing with the torso and didn't buy the game, despite how much I liked the original. I am actually kind of glad in the end though, because this game sounds like it didn't really fix the flaws I had with the first one and actually emphasizes some of them (regions like the Jungle area, which I hated), from most of the reviews.

Maybe if I can find a used copy far down the line super duper cheap, but I don't think even that would be enough.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Ah, I forgot about the torso thing. I didn't realize that it was holding people back.

• Options
    I TECHNICALLY didn't buy it either; I got it as a gift. I'm still ashamed that I own it tho; that torso thing is beyond the pale.

Otherwise I'm having just as much fun with this game as I did with the first which is quite a bit. John Morgan made me realize how fun brass knuckles are too; I completely avoided them in the first game.

• Options
    Oh I loved brass knuckles in the first. Ton of durability; no stamina usage.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ah, I forgot about the torso thing. I didn't realize that it was holding people back.

A few, probably. A few others probably picked up the game because of it (hey, advertising is advertising, negative or otherwise :lol: ). Didn't make a whit of difference to me either way. I knew was getting the game from the day it was announced and don't really care about any of the drama around it - plus, I love Deep Silver, so I'd rather support the devs regardless of what a marketing department might do or not do. After all, they have three of my favorite game lines in their paws (Saints Row, Sacred, Dead Island).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    But you're a girl! How could you, Luchaire?! :p

I can't wait to get in on this tonight. Hopefully. Barring any more suprises.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

Well, since she's dismissing other peoples' very valid concerns as simple "drama" I'm guessing she's just as adversely affected by the misogyny inherit in our society as any male.

• Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

A few, probably. A few others probably picked up the game because of it (hey, advertising is advertising, negative or otherwise :lol: ). Didn't make a whit of difference to me either way. I knew was getting the game from the day it was announced and don't really care about any of the drama around it - plus, I love Deep Silver, so I'd rather support the devs regardless of what a marketing department might do or not do. After all, they have three of my favorite game lines in their paws (Saints Row, Sacred, Dead Island).

Deep Silver are just publishers, Techland are the developers. Makers of such fine products as The Cartel.

Techland actually has a pretty good record, though. The first DI and the first two Juarez games are great. Really great.

We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I bought this, because it is fun. I get to shoot zombies.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yeah... part of me wonders how many internet saber rattlers will wind up buying the game anyway or excuse owning/playing it somehow. But eh, humans be humans.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    For a non AAA title I'm a little surprised that it is getting so much TV run (ok I dont watch TV except for sports, but its all over the NBA playoffs which isnt exactly 3 am during an infomercial).

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »

Well, since she's dismissing other peoples' very valid concerns as simple "drama" I'm guessing she's just as adversely affected by the misogyny inherit in our society as any male.

I know of it is that most people who took issue with it were just raging about the same things over and over. It just became noise to me.

• Options
    I saw a ton of sponsored ads on Facebook about the game. I was a bit surprised on that.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I bought this, because it is fun. I get to shoot zombies.

I rather shoot zombies in a better game.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    Jay FoxfireJay Foxfire Registered User regular
    Logan's my main. The only thing I don't like about his play style is that some enemies eat your weapons so that you cannot get them back. I also wish more players wore mics. Being a coop game you'd think that most people would want a way to communicate between one another.

Mailman12089.jpg
  • Options
    I only made it halfway through as logan but I dont remember any enemies eatting my weapons. Blunt weapons tended to bounce oddly and disappear or into locations I couldn't retrieve them.

Bladed weapons seem to stick well and really all my characters have used them. (Thrown is almost ALWAYS the first thing i get to lvl 10).

• Options
    No, there's a chance to lose thrown weapons.