As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Remapping a wired xbox 360 controller on the PC

I am looking for a utility or custom driver that will allow me to change the order in which analog axis are reported for a wired 360 controller on the PC.

The reason being, I have a game which can only assign controls to the first 4 analog axis reported by DirectX. The 360 controller is reporting the X / Y axis of the left thumbstick first (yay) but then the shoulder buttons prior to enumerating the right thumbstick. This means I cannot map any controls to the right thumbstick.

Does anyone know of any utilities or a custom driver that might allow such remapping?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

• QuantuxQuantux Registered User regular
    A quick google found me this; which looks suspicious and interesting at the same time. I may give it a shot to see if I can make the older GTAs playable (right stick does nothing currently, no way to control camera).

PSN/Steam - Quantux

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Quantux wrote: »
    A quick google found me this; which looks suspicious and interesting at the same time. I may give it a shot to see if I can make the older GTAs playable (right stick does nothing currently, no way to control camera).

I use that on my HTPC to play games without native gamepad support. It works great. Totally worth the money.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Quantux wrote: »

Let me know if it works. I bought Indigo Prophecy on GoG and lost interest in it when I realized it wouldn't detect my right stick.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.