Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I think the most annoying thing about this game is that it uses the same button for talking to someone as picking something up. F should at the very least be the button to close the clicked on someone popup.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Echo wrote: »
    Game keeps freezing on me. But only in PVP.

Were you hit by a Rogue? There's an exploit (that's been advertised on the official forums) that using Smoke Bomb and then Shocking Execution right after will crash the opponents game client.

Supposedly it's been known about it for awhile, and apparently some players have gotten frustrated with the lack of a fix (as it is being used frequently in matches), so someone's made a forum post about it.

Edit: and when this happens, you get a injury when you log back in. This is all second-hand forum knowledge, so take it with a grain of salt.

Cobell on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2013

that would explain that rogue kicking my ass.

edit: they definitely used Smoke Bomb/Shocking Execution.

Echo on
  • Options
    And goddamnit the game needs loadout sets so I can swap skills easily and not forget to slot that one vital skill.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Yeah, I queue up as my Guardian and realize that Enforced Threat doesn't slow them like Knee-Break does. Then I stand there, being attack until I change it. Fortunately, as a Guardian, I can do that, finish and start fighting again.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    What level are you anon?

I got to 23 on guardian fighter and got bored. That's not really a statement on the game, just me. As I said, I was looking for something else. If a game can't compel me by that point, I generally walk away.

The cash shop shenanigans bothered me too, but that's not related to game play. It did motivate me to put the game down though, I have a hard time supporting a game with such an invasive monetization platform.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    I'm not defending it but it is very very common for free to play games to guide you to the cash shop at some point in the early levels as part of a quest.

Lockboxes being undestroyable and the mount broadcasts are super dumb though. That needs to change.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I thought that having an NPC in the city hub that did the same thing as the constant button on the top of the screen was a bit much.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Read the post about the limitations of the foundry. That's a shame. I knew it was limited, but the point about not being able to make interesting and epic boss fights... bummer.

I mean, on one level it makes sense... For an MMO game, you want to limit user created content of that nature to prevent exploitation. On the other hand, they could add more options that could be "exploitable" and turn off xp/gold/item rewards for the quests made with the fleshed out version. Seems that leaving a more open ended scripting system for user generated content could open all sorts of doors for innovation within their game.

I really think how they approach the foundry will be what makes or breaks this game. Of course, the game's still young, and there's plenty of time for improvements.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    I kinda love the look of Neverwinter honestly.

I wouldn't describe it as dated looking really.

I agree. Neverwinter looks great on my machine. Not sure why people are seeing things as "dated".

Maybe people just don't like the art direction?

I dunno, I kinda meant it on a technical aspect, in that there doesn't seem to be many DX11 graphical effects, as well as a lot of flat/low-res textures.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Also, I wish the Wizards dodge weren't so good.

Between the dodge being equal to a rogues and their CC they are completely anti fun to fight for any melee fighters in PVP.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Between the dodge being equal to a rogues and their CC they are completely anti fun to fight for any melee fighters in PVP.

GWF hits determination and goes CC-proof for a bit. Finish with chained knockdowns.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I think the game looks passable. The art direction is really bland, though, and there's a criminal lack of variety. All pre-60 gear looks pretty much the same, each class basically gets 1 weapon, etc.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    What level are you anon?

I got to 23 on guardian fighter and got bored. That's not really a statement on the game, just me. As I said, I was looking for something else. If a game can't compel me by that point, I generally walk away.

The cash shop shenanigans bothered me too, but that's not related to game play. It did motivate me to put the game down though, I have a hard time supporting a game with such an invasive monetization platform.
    ok, I feel like that's not a high enough level to knock the game for a lack of customization

it's not customization in a traditional dnd sense, but is more like an arpg. I'm 40 something and enjoying it a lot

the cash shop is BS though

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Do they ever give a free respec?

• Options
    edited May 2013
    What level are you anon?

ok, I feel like that's not a high enough level to knock the game for a lack of customization

it's not customization in a traditional dnd sense, but is more like an arpg. I'm 40 something and enjoying it a lot

the cash shop is BS though

I guess that's where we differ, I'd expect some meaningful character choices in the 10 to 20 range. I just didn't feel like there was any, and when I don't feel different from any other shmuck playing the same class I am I am less motivated to play.

I like to be a beautiful rebellious snowflake. If a game claiming to be an RPG can't give me that in the early stages, I get demotivated to see when/if it does.

This all comes back to different expectations though. Because of the name and IP, I went into this looking for some complexity. It's not a bad game, just not what I wanted the MMO based on the Neverwinter IP to be. I wasn't expecting the moon, just a half way between NWN 1 and GW2, what I got was less diversity and complexity than GW2.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    you're saying the game as a whole lacks complexity, but you're only level 24, and haven't experienced most of the game

you're a snowflake alright

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

Not only do they not give free respecs, but changing skills and changing feats are separate endeavours that each require a different payment.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    you're saying the game as a whole lacks complexity, but you're only level 24, and haven't experienced most of the game

you're a snowflake alright

Wow.

• Options
    respeccing should cost gold, for real

at least it's hard to fuck up your powers too bad, and feats can be respecced with AD

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I'd like to respec my feats. :/ Flurry is just SO BAD when you have to constantly be moving at high levels. Should've picked up the Wicked Reminder crit boost.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I think at 60 you can get away with 1 or 2 points in pretty much every skill (you almost have to because of the way the tree works) and then max the half dozen or so you can actually use. So it's not so bad, even if it's a bit of a pain having to put points in things without know what they'll do and not having an option for backing out after.

stream
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Still the only thing that really bothers me so far is that, when playing a halfling, you can't zoom the camera in, and thus my UI keeps obscuring my lower half

Yes I know you can hit "B" but that isn't permanent.

i think the code to enter into the chat window is /gfxSetDefaultFOV xx where xx is a number. i think 80 is default. i set mine to like 60 or something and it zoomed in a lil bit.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    If the FOV at the end of that is what I think it is, that's not a zoom in. That just changes how much of your peripheral vision would be on your screen.

• Options
    Page- wrote: »

Not only do they not give free respecs, but changing skills and changing feats are separate endeavours that each require a different payment.

Guh

I don't mind F2P... I really don't. I've even given money to some f2p games. But thats just awful.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

That might actually be a good thing.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

That might actually be a good thing.

Turns out that was an exploit for rogues.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh god, you can do professions on your phone. I am doomed.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    three manned throne of idris because we couldn't queue for it. finish it slowly but w/ basically no hiccups and get no quest completion credit for it

:(

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Page- wrote: »

Guh

I don't mind F2P... I really don't. I've even given money to some f2p games. But thats just awful.

Re-picking power does require a respec token, that token lets you re-do all of your attribute points, powers, and feats. You can reset feats for just astral diamonds which are earned in game.

Nobody is thrilled with not being able to respec powers for in-game money, but the general consensus is that it's kind of hard to screw up your character in the first place since there really isn't all that much choice about power selection by the time you hit the level cap, so there's not a lot of reason to really need it.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Between the dodge and the motions they make when they cast their dailies, I wish I had some Power Ranger armor for my CW.

The terrible voice acting helps sell the illusion.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'm level 25 and at the point where I ended off in CB; everything from now on will be new to me and hopefully as fun/passable as the 1-25 experience has been. I am also interested to see how the endgame looks at 60 before writing the game off, provided I continue to have fun getting there and Wildstar continues to be a few months from now thing.

488W936.png
  • Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    Is the only way to get more bags through the cash shop?

jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    tehkensai wrote: »
    Is the only way to get more bags through the cash shop?

You get a couple through questing, but they're few and very far between.

I believe you can buy them with astral diamonds though, but they're hideously expensive. I think the 24-slotter is 1.08 million or so.

Edit: It's actually far cheaper, diamond-wise, to buy 1000 zen via diamonds and then buy a bag that way.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i think you get two free bags from questing, a 16 and 12 slotter

one is at like level 10 i think? the other is at around 30 in neverdeath graveyard

IIRC a 24 slot bag is 1000 zen, which at 450 AD is like 450k. i should be able to get one in like a week

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    i got one from a quest, I'd imagine there are some on the auction house to.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Game crashed while joining pvp, when I came back in I was still in the pvp party but not on the pvp map. Couldn't transfer to the map, so I left the party and queued again. Got into another pvp party, match started and I still didn't join the pvp map, but decided to stay in the party to see what would happen. When the match was over I just fell over dead and got an injury. Sweet.

Also, apparently doing profession tasks award AD through the gateway will only give the AD reward the first time they're done. Every repeat awards nothing.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My A Problem With Pests quest is picking up quite some steam! 72 plays, 49 reviews, 4 stars. This is highly addictive. Next I'll be either doing a direct sequel, or another decent idea I had.

Also this.
    oIU7Cbh.jpg

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    i think you get two free bags from questing, a 16 and 12 slotter

one is at like level 10 i think? the other is at around 30 in neverdeath graveyard

IIRC a 24 slot bag is 1000 zen, which at 450 AD is like 450k. i should be able to get one in like a week

I'm still baffled as to why people are worried about bag space. At 60 you will have absolutely no use for any "extra" bag space you waste diamonds or $$ on, it will just sit there as empty bag space.

I know some people mentioned they need space to store all their runes. Rank 4 is the default rank for runes that drop later on. Rank 1 and 2 are automatic vendor trash...sometimes 3 even. Companion only type runes are mostly vendor trash since some are just useless.

Other than that, if you just vendor your green loot often at the vendors which are scattered all over every single zone... there just should be no need to ever get that final bag slot filled.

$10 or 450k AD is enough to totally deck yourself out in blue items on the auction house when you hit 60, which trumps any tiny gain you might have had from extra bag space that is no longer needed.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I haven't really been able to play in a few days but just dinged, again, off my obsessive Leadership trade skilling at work.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm