Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah, i'm picking up all these level 1 runes and enchants and i don't know why

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    yeah, i'm picking up all these level 1 runes and enchants and i don't know why

I pick them up, but vendor them right away or put them in my gear as I level since green gear gets replaced every two levels or so anyway as you go.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    My A Problem With Pests quest is picking up quite some steam! 72 plays, 49 reviews, 4 stars. This is highly addictive. Next I'll be either doing a direct sequel, or another decent idea I had.

I finally got around to playing this last night, and found it quite enjoyable. Perhaps a bit too much running around between dungeons, but that might just be me being bitter because I'm still on foot.

I SMITE ANEW!

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Yarrharr!
    AluUN6z.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    stompingbadger85stompingbadger85 His Majesty My CastleRegistered User regular
    Has anyone seen any news of when new classes are going to be implemented into the game?

Stompingbadger85.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    No news of when, but I've heard that they're working on a Bow Ranger and Scourge Warlock.

• Options
    stompingbadger85stompingbadger85 His Majesty My CastleRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    No news of when, but I've heard that they're working on a Bow Ranger and Scourge Warlock.

The warlock is the specific class that I am looking forward to playing. That is my absolute favorite class to play in the 4th Ed. D&D pen and paper game.

Stompingbadger85.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am wondering how they will be implimenting the warlock's mechanics in game. I can't picture any real break in what they have already done, which makes them just another wizard.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Different subset of powers. Kind of like Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter.

Personally, given the number of classes in D&D, I don't know why they made two fighters different classes. Maybe two different Paragon paths... one focused on Guarding and the other on Slapping the mans face with a 2H sword. But making them different classes is just eh.

am0n on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    They really should have delayed release and come out with two classes per role.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Has anyone who recently tried to download this had issues? I was trying for a few hours last night and every redirect to a download or Neverwinter page just hung at ****.perfectworld.com. Never could get the client installed. I'm guessing they were just experiencing growing pains/network hiccups, but it was a little annoying.

• Options
    Has anyone who recently tried to download this had issues? I was trying for a few hours last night and every redirect to a download or Neverwinter page just hung at ****.perfectworld.com. Never could get the client installed. I'm guessing they were just experiencing growing pains/network hiccups, but it was a little annoying.

Their website was having all sorts of issues last night. Might be related.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well, it's been nearly twelve hours since I paid for my Zen, still no sign of them. Also can't seem to put in a support ticket, as the drop-down menus refuse to let me make a selection... In Chrome, Firefox, or IE.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Warlock class mechanic places a mark every X seconds. Using an encounter on target detonates the mark for a variety of effects.

At least that sounds reasonable. I just hope ranged strikers don't hit like rogues, that'd suck.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Gosh, I adore Shard of the Endless Avalanche.

Still not certain which spell out of GIANT PURPLE ROCK IN YOUR FACE, Time Stop, Force Choke and Lightning From The Sky / Death Ray I like best in my tab slot.

Death Ray, sorry, Ray of Enfeeblement, is actually pretty keen as far as single target nukes go. And in tab you can shoot it twice. It just lacks that stun component I like so much from Ice Spike Through Sternum.

And the final wizard passive gets special mention for being awesome. A 5% chance to crit on all hits for eight seconds results in hilarious amounts of damage now and then.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »

Their website was having all sorts of issues last night. Might be related.

Will have to give it another go this evening.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

This would be the first bow-using character, right? I haven't seen a bow in game at all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They need to be more generous with level brackets for stuff. That's the second dungeon I can't do at the appropriate level because I outleveled it during that zone.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Wow. I wonder if this is still in-game. It was posted yesterday, but maybe it's old?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57nR0asZRI

• Options
    edited May 2013
    At the very least you can hoof it into the dungeon with an understanding party who doesn't mind gathering to venture forth.

Lots of folks were doing that in, uh. Man what was that zone. The one with the broken dungeon that doesn't give quest credit. Basically everyone out levels that one by the time they complete the zone.

-Oooh, sploitz! Speaking of, I've got a chest that I can open an infinite number of times. I'm too lazy to use it, though. I filled my inventory with crap once and left it alone.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Well, it's been nearly twelve hours since I paid for my Zen, still no sign of them. Also can't seem to put in a support ticket, as the drop-down menus refuse to let me make a selection... In Chrome, Firefox, or IE.

Took mine about 5 hours to process and I suspect due to some errors I may be getting $10 more then I really wanted in a few more. Still well within my leisure fund and I can certainly spend the zen happily enough but...not a very impressive back end being displayed here.

• Options
    Thought servers would be up now D: got timezones wrong I suppose.

So uh... is it just me who gets annoyed at booby cleric being in the adverts/launcher? I mean the game isn't even heavy on the boobness. It seems really silly to me.

• Options
    The token boobies had to go somewhere, I guess.

Personally, I think my beefcake wizard with his fabulous mustache deserves the splash page. He is dashing as fuck.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I actually kinda enjoyed being able to make Soot not have some perfect figure and a honking great scar.

Though after conversations this morning I'm wondering how closely I could mimic Tintin.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    They need to be more generous with level brackets for stuff. That's the second dungeon I can't do at the appropriate level because I outleveled it during that zone.
    i'm not even sure why the queues are level locked at all

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm not even sure why the queues are level locked at all

To stop guys ten levels ahead dunking the content while the pub players don't get to have fun?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Ooh man i should do that on my cleric :o

one of you should give me the quest somehow!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    there's no incentive for someone highly overleveled to do that though. it might happen rarely but who cares. it would also help w/ the problem that queues take forever right now

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    there's no incentive for someone highly overleveled to do that though. it might happen rarely but who cares. it would also help w/ the problem that queues take forever right now

Yeah, but someone ruining strangers fun with no incentive or only occasionally doesn't mean it's not ruining peoples fun.

I'd care honestly, I'd quit out of the instance if I saw it happening which would be a waste of my time.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Acharenus wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

Took mine about 5 hours to process and I suspect due to some errors I may be getting $10 more then I really wanted in a few more. Still well within my leisure fund and I can certainly spend the zen happily enough but...not a very impressive back end being displayed here.

I tried reading up on this. Some people are saying that when you purchase Zen, sometimes it doesn't show up as it hasn't been bound to a specific game yet. Maybe log into your PWE account on the website as see if you actually have the Zen but it just isn't associated with Neverwinter yet.

• Options
    also man the pirate dungeon was pretty fun, and not too overly difficult

the dragon skirmish was way harder, those healer mobs were basically immortal

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    It does suck that you basically miss out on dungeons while leveling, I know I out leveled a few due to the queue time and how quick you level.

However you aren't "missing" the dungeon, all the epic dungeons are retuned versions for level 60.

Also doing any dungeon is not worth it in terms of loot and exp. I understand some people don't rush to endgame like me and that's totally cool, but this game is really just a hack-n-slash action RPG. Almost like diablo2/poe, but without the randomized stats on loot. So there really isn't much "stop and smell the roses" content in the game, like say GW2 where they tried to recapture that adventure feeling. Like... it takes 20-30 hours to level to max in this, without exploits... its clearly not some deep RPG where you can take in each bit of content like we all wish MMOs would do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I haven't missed any dungeons yet due to out-leveling them, but that's usually because I stop questing once I get the quest for a dungeon/skirmish, and dick around with crafting and clearing out my inventory.

Not the ideal solution for everyone, but it gives me an excuse.

• Options
    actually, i'm not gonna use the leveling exploit

since i'm actually getting enjoyment fro playing my cleric

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    actually, i'm not gonna use the leveling exploit

since i'm actually getting enjoyment fro playing my cleric

Ya I don't see the point. This is literally the fastest leveling to max that I've seen in an MMO of this type. Yet I've seen so many people trying so hard to make that even faster.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Boom, 10,000AD.

Still can't really afford jack shit with it but it's a nice milestone.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

The warlock is the specific class that I am looking forward to playing. That is my absolute favorite class to play in the 4th Ed. D&D pen and paper game.

I know they will go striker because thats technically what they are in 4e... but in actuality they were basically controller/striker hybrids. I hope they keep some of that.

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    I've missed a few dungeons because they always seem to pop after i've given up on waiting and am halfway through a foundry/story quest.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »
    I've missed a few dungeons because they always seem to pop after i've given up on waiting and am halfway through a foundry/story quest.

I end up doing the opposite. I always end up doing every story quest twice, because I'll be 95% of the way though when a dungeon pops and I take it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I'm at like 300k AD, companion selling has gone down in value though

Not sure what to buy anymore because I don't need anymore bags pace

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*