As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Alright, I made a Foundry Mission! It's called "A Problem With Pests" code: NW-DGUIFS5TL

It's a pretty short little comedic quest (at least I hope it's amusing) that should have some decent challenge in it as well. Suitable for 1 or 2 people. Plays/ratings/bug reports/suggestions welcome and appreciated!

Also, does anyone have any idea how to change the background image of my quest in the catalog to a different picture than "FOUNDRY"?

SniperGuy on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Quintessin wrote: »
    If anyone wants to try a map made almost entirely for farming Money/Items/Enchantments, hit up the foundry board and search for NW-DNTG5ROSL. It's basically made for a CW to kill with ease, if you know about the cheese with Shield + Arcane Singularity.

It really is just for greens/enchantments, and decent xp.
    what's a good farm map like this for a rogue? i'm assuming this is hulks and i have no aoe

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Not really sure what Rogues would excel at. I'd imagine smaller packs of harder mobs, like spread out packs of 2-Hulks. Rogues can instagib harder mobs with pretty short CDs.

Next map I make will be a real map though, I just made the farm to try to make some money. I discovered, and I may as well let this out now since it'll be well known soon anyways, but you can buy Companions for 2g, and they actually sell on the AH for 35k-40k diamonds. I can make 1g a run in ~5m on my farm map. I made enough gold/diamonds in an hour to buy a 24slot bag. Good enough for me.

Quintessin on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Pretty nice. Did you get a lot of XP as well?

I'm worried that if I do a bit of farming (for gold) my level will get ahead of my quests and then the main game will be less fun.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Quintessin wrote: »
    Not really sure what Rogues would excel at. I'd imagine smaller packs of harder mobs, like spread out packs of 2-Hulks. Rogues can instagib harder mobs with pretty short CDs.

Next map I make will be a real map though, I just made the farm to try to make some money. I discovered, and I may as well let this out now since it'll be well known soon anyways, but you can buy Companions for 2g, and they actually sell on the AH for 35k-40k diamonds. I can make 1g a run in ~5m on my farm map. I made enough gold/diamonds in an hour to buy a 24slot bag. Good enough for me.
    Goddamn i need to do this, i need bag space badly

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    People actually buy the default companions? I saw them in the auction house but it seemed insane.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2013
    Bah, damn guild bank still won't let me withdraw. The permissions look like they give me access, but nope.

edit: works for another guy with the same guild rank. So yeah, really buggy.

Echo on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    People actually buy the default companions? I saw them in the auction house but it seemed insane.

There's dumb people in every MMO who just jump the gun, don't follow/listen to tutorials, or flat out don't explore around enough, and can be swindled by buying vendor stuff and rebranding it. I used to do that with all sorts of stuff in WoW.

488W936.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I've added a new section to the OP about PA foundry authors and their creations.

I've added the two I've seen in the thread so far but if you've made something and want it added just let me know.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    The +xp% runes do indeed apply to quest rewards.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Bah, damn guild bank still won't let me withdraw. The permissions look like they give me access, but nope.

edit: works for another guy with the same guild rank. So yeah, really buggy.

Yeah, we've been trying everything to fix this with other people. I've tried resetting permissions, promoting, demoting, removing the person from guild then reinviting. If you can't remove from the guild bank theres nothing I can do about it. :/ it sucks.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    So far healing aggro is still quite uncontrollable. Trying to run any instance often leads my cleric face in a pulp. Dunno if there's a lack of guardian aoe threat abilities or it's just that healing is equated with normal damage towards every target instead of the nearest target (reason why aoe mobs love to cuddle me to death). Even with 46% reduced threat, I still get bogged down with every person's focus (including the boss at times):

Tried to run lair of the mad dragon twice. Both I died atleast 2 times due aoe adds, and always couldn't defeat the dragon. This was due to the amount of damage running around and the crazy amount of adds.

I am planning to try out the foundry, got some ideas in my head. I would however like a feel for what every class in game so far feels like before starting to create one.

steam_sig.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    The foundry will let you create a level 31 character of any class to test in the maps you make.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Erlec wrote: »
    So far healing aggro is still quite uncontrollable. Trying to run any instance often leads my cleric face in a pulp. Dunno if there's a lack of guardian aoe threat abilities or it's just that healing is equated with normal damage towards every target instead of the nearest target (reason why aoe mobs love to cuddle me to death). Even with 46% reduced threat, I still get bogged down with every person's focus (including the boss at times):

Tried to run lair of the mad dragon twice. Both I died atleast 2 times due aoe adds, and always couldn't defeat the dragon. This was due to the amount of damage running around and the crazy amount of adds.

I am planning to try out the foundry, got some ideas in my head. I would however like a feel for what every class in game so far feels like before starting to create one.

It seems that Clerics are almost meant to be off-tanks or something, with all the healing aggro. If your group are not retarded and you have a Control Wizard, they should be able to take advantage of your aggro to CC and slaughter mobs en masse when they group around you. This may be too much to ask for in a pug though.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular

But they don't stack. Neither do the +gold runes.

Erlec wrote: »

It seems that Clerics are almost meant to be off-tanks or something, with all the healing aggro. If your group are not retarded and you have a Control Wizard, they should be able to take advantage of your aggro to CC and slaughter mobs en masse when they group around you. This may be too much to ask for in a pug though.

TBH, I think Clerics are just the tanks, period.

woo, sold a companion, but man you need a lot of AD to get a 24 slot bag

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    GWF is a Clerics best friend once they don't suck after level ~40.

Slay all the little mans.

0liDg.png
  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    I went with the sword and board Guardian. According to what I've seen on this thread, apparently tanking isn't very viable for a guardian at the moment? It also seems that it might not really be necessary.

I mean, I'm liking the class so far, anyways. But still, if that's the case, it's kinda disappointing.

IHZR47b.png
    edited May 2013
    am0n wrote: »

My character sheet says they stack.

edit: tested by checking XP reward with and without my gear before finishing the quest. Yep, it stacks.

Echo on
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Pretty nice. Did you get a lot of XP as well?

I'm worried that if I do a bit of farming (for gold) my level will get ahead of my quests and then the main game will be less fun.

I did get a decent amount of XP, bout a quarter a level per clear. Killing 49 Hulks in 6m is pretty redonk Xp and drops. CW excel at it, but I'm sure others can do it.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    I went with the sword and board Guardian. According to what I've seen on this thread, apparently tanking isn't very viable for a guardian at the moment? It also seems that it might not really be necessary.

I mean, I'm liking the class so far, anyways. But still, if that's the case, it's kinda disappointing.

My control wizard makes a pretty decent tank in my experience so far. I don't really think that any tanking whatsoever is necessary. The only real requirement is getting everything clumped for AoE's.

What is this I don't even.

edit: tested by checking XP reward with and without my gear before finishing the quest. Yep, it stacks.

By stacking I meant two +3% Exp runes in different gear won't result in +6%. At least, they don't for me. Putting +3% Exp runes in 3 different pieces of gear still says 3% in the character sheet.

I was enjoying Guardian a lot until around level 20. Then I figure out that holding threat is laughable. I may make a new free account soon and try Rogue or Wizard. Someone in guild even said Rogues tank Epic dungeons at max. level.

• LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    So far I found both the GF and the GWF a bit underwhelming. I think the GF should feel a bit tougher, I need more potions than on my wizard. Enjoying the Wizard a lot more and from my little playtime to lvl 6 the Cleric as well. Going to try the Rogue next, but the wizard is already at lvl 20 and going to stay my main for now.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular

By stacking I meant two +3% Exp runes in different gear won't result in +6%. At least, they don't for me. Putting +3% Exp runes in 3 different pieces of gear still says 3% in the character sheet.

I think the different ranks do stack. I have 6.5% right now, I'm wearing two rank 1's and a rank 2 (3+3.5)

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Yeah my GWF really started taking a beating now that I am in that Towers area, like lvl 10-12. I am chugging potions left and right since there is no out of combat health regen.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Scosglen wrote: »

I think the different ranks do stack. I have 6.5% right now, I'm wearing two rank 1's and a rank 2 (3+3.5)

That might make sense. I'm only dropping Rank 1s into items for now, but worth remembering down the road.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    GWF immediately becomes a lot more manageable once you get your cleric pet, stick with it.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So, still can't decide what to have as an alt.

GWF apparently are meh
    Cleric is okay, I guess?
    Wizard I haven't tried.
    Same with GF

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wizards are awesome. Blackholes for all!

But getting your companion is a huge help.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is the foundry having trouble loading up for anyone else?

So, still can't decide what to have as an alt.

GWF apparently are meh
    Cleric is okay, I guess?
    Wizard I haven't tried.
    Same with GF
    another rogue

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Guardian fighter gets a daily power that allows you to regain health while dealing damage. It's very potent, and leagues better than the initial daily power (if you ask me).

Also, got this Nightmare Lockbox thingy. Requires a key. I assume I need to shell out cash to get said key? Or is there another way?

IHZR47b.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    You can trade Astral Diamonds for Zen, then use that zen for keys. Its a terrible rate, but its theoretically possible.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    You can trade Astral Diamonds for Zen, then use that zen for keys. Its a terrible rate, but its theoretically possible.

A key is, what, about 100,000 diamonds?

What is this I don't even.
    Hmm.. should I even bother, than? I've seen a few people selling off the boxes in chat. Perhaps that's the better route.

IHZR47b.png

Aah. Yeah, I have one 3% and one 3.5%.

I'm guessing that's a bug with equal rank runes then.

• Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Hmm.. should I even bother, than? I've seen a few people selling off the boxes in chat. Perhaps that's the better route.

I don't believe those boxes are opened. Ive got 10 of them right now and i only have a level 20 CW. Seriously, they are just a big tease to get you to spend a buck to open the loot pinata.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »

A key is, what, about 100,000 diamonds?

Keys are 125 zen, zen is currently 467 each so 58.4k AD for one key.