As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    At the current rate, it'd take about 55k astral diamonds for a single key.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey, if you have a pet of a different class, can you use their ability to open more of the class specific containers?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Alright, I made a Foundry Mission! It's called "A Problem With Pests" code: NW-DGUIFS5TL

It's a pretty short little comedic quest (at least I hope it's amusing) that should have some decent challenge in it as well. Suitable for 1 or 2 people. Plays/ratings/bug reports/suggestions welcome and appreciated!

Also, does anyone have any idea how to change the background image of my quest in the catalog to a different picture than "FOUNDRY"?

That was some damn good dialogue! Thanks for that, but whats up with foundry missions not having music in instance? I haven't reached level 15 yet so I haven't had a chance to mess with the editor yet, but the couple I have played have not had music.

Also, it didn't give me the option to rate it when it ended. :(

Foolish Chaos on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Alright, I made a Foundry Mission! It's called "A Problem With Pests" code: NW-DGUIFS5TL

It's a pretty short little comedic quest (at least I hope it's amusing) that should have some decent challenge in it as well. Suitable for 1 or 2 people. Plays/ratings/bug reports/suggestions welcome and appreciated!

Also, does anyone have any idea how to change the background image of my quest in the catalog to a different picture than "FOUNDRY"?

That was some damn good dialogue! Thanks for that, but whats up with foundry missions not having music in instance? I haven't reached level 15 yet so I haven't had a chance to mess with the editor yet, but the couple I have played have not had music.

Also, it didn't give me the option to rate it when it ended. :(

The foundry has been weird today, I think the ratings are messed up. My friend ran through and also didn't get the option. Glad you liked the dialogue! Was really worried about that part. As far as music, I think there is a way to fix that, I just haven't played with it enough to know. I will definitely be checking when I can get the foundry to load. Maybe tonight after work. Damn foundry won't come up. Super glad you enjoyed it though! Hopefully I can get enough plays/likes to get it out of the weird "For Review" limbo soon.

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Does a rogue's First Strike passive ability work on Lashing Strike out of stealth? I can't tell on a target dummy what with the random damage.

It says it does 5/10/15% more damage on the first attack "in combat", which everyone assumes is every time you attack from stealth, or it'd be complete poop.

• NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    The crafting system is pretty strange. I can produce two iron plates in 10 minutes... Or I can "mass produce" 10 iron plates in six hours.

I guess the mass production is for when you're going to be offline for a long period of time, but it still seems wacky.

IHZR47b.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The Mats to XP conversion ratio is much higher on the time one, though.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    The crafting system is pretty strange. I can produce two iron plates in 10 minutes... Or I can "mass produce" 10 iron plates in six hours.

I guess the mass production is for when you're going to be offline for a long period of time, but it still seems wacky.

The whole model is the same as any facebook game, and that's the way they all run. If you can micromanage every ten minutes, you'll be doing better. Eventually you'll want the convenience to not have to, though.

What is this I don't even.
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I thought getting AD would be a pain in the ass doing daily quests and such.

But apparently people will not only buy level 1 default companions, but they'll buy crappy level 2-5 runes. They were taking up too much space in my inventory and there was no way I'd use them on gear I'm out-levelling, so I dumped all my runes into the auction house and they sold within hours (when I decided to delete and reroll my first character I spent all the gold I had--since it can't be transferred to other characters--on profession kits, so I can freely loot every profession node I come across and they almost always give me a rune). I may get that extra bag yet.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    edited May 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    The Mats to XP conversion ratio is much higher on the time one, though.

The lower time one... 2 iron ore and 2 charcoal. Results in 2 iron plates, and 5 smithing xp.

Higher time, 10 iron ore and 4 charcoal. Results in 8 iron plates, and 50 smithing xp.

Iron ore is found through gathering, or through sending off your miner for 10 minutes. Charcoal costs 30 copper each. The higher time one results in more XP per material cost, but less crafting materials. You get more XP over time if you're just running the gathering constantly, and even more if you're crafting from the gathered materials.. It's only worthwhile if you're logging off for an extended period... assuming the time keeps ticking while you're logged (which I assume it does).

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
    'Cus I learned my lesson on runes way back in Diablo 2.

Here's what happens. You get a bunch of low level runes and don't want to or can't afford to use them on low level gear, so you figure you'll save them and keep fusing them to higher level runes until you have gear you want to use it on. But what actually happens is they sit there in your inventory taking up space, and by the time you find gear worth using them on level 3+ runes are dropping and all the level 1 and 2 runes have been taking up that inventory space for no reason at all.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
    Grey PaladinEchoAlbino Bunny
    Oh wow. The Mad Dragon fight is utter bullshit.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Page- wrote: »

Here's what happens. You get a bunch of low level runes and don't want to or can't afford to use them on low level gear, so you figure you'll save them and keep fusing them to higher level runes until you have gear you want to use it on. But what actually happens is they sit there in your inventory taking up space, and by the time you find gear worth using them on level 3+ runes are dropping and all the level 1 and 2 runes have been taking up that inventory space for no reason at all.

16 level one enchants=1 level 3... which is like 55k diamonds from vendor. I dunno...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    This gets asked all the time, but I checked the OP and tried scanning through the thread and didn't see it.

Can I get the link for the web crafting portal?

And what the fuck, teleport scrolls are 4k diamonds.

Why not just tie the hearthstone straight to your credit card?

am0nAlbino BunnyElvenshae
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »

16 level one enchants=1 level 3... which is like 55k diamonds from vendor. I dunno...

If you're not starved for space then by all means keep them and fuse them up. But I'm only in my mid 20s and I'm already getting level 2 and 3 drops, so having the odd numbered level 1 runes around isn't productive at all.

I did find out that you can go back to dungeon entrances to do dungeons you've outlevelled, but still no way to do skirmishes you've outlevelled. Going to have this unfinished quest stuck in my quest log forever.

On the other hand, I am consistently surprised by the shit people will pay for in video games, so I'm probably wrong about everything.

Page- on
    stream
  • tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular

Played through your foundry mission. Was tits. Keep it up. Laughed pretty hard at the rat smiter stuff!

jAhPU.jpg
    SniperGuy
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i started playing this and hit level 20 on a gwf. game seems interesting enough! cleric companion is da bes

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Polaritie
    gwf4lyfe

stream
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Do Clerics inevitably become 'heal or gtfo' at later levels? I like the concept of Smiting Motherfuckers With The Fury Of The Lord GOD but not if the cost is another game of babysitting green goddamned bars.

Plus the Wizard is fighting for dominance in my personal 'this is awesome' mindspace :p

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    It's impossible to actually be a healbot in this game. Cleric's healing power is way too indirect and not all that powerful, and potions are plentiful and everyone is expected to use them. Cleric healing is a supplementary side benefit while they deal damage and use utility spells.

EchoCorriganXAlbino BunnyElvenshae
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Man, the designers definitely played Dragon's Nest. (I really like DN, so that is not a bad thing)

Whelp, tanked my first dungeon successfully. I took the most damage, and the most kills, and did ~80% of the damage as the top damage dealer. It was pretty fun, and I felt like I wasn't worthless as a tank. I still can see how I wasn't really necessary as a tank, though.

Still, was fun to keep most of the incoming damage focused on me.

IHZR47b.png
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Why do these F2P games always cause me trouble when I want to give them money? First small purchase, just fine. 2nd purchase, eternal purgatory of "Reviewing" followed up with an email every 10 minutes. Seriously.

Also, maintenance? On a weekend even when people may finally get to play? Seriously?

I have my crack and want more damnit!

Blood Drive on
    Maintenance at 8pm PST. What a fucking horrible time.

Erin The Red
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    Whelp, tanked my first dungeon successfully. I took the most damage, and the most kills, and did ~80% of the damage as the top damage dealer. It was pretty fun, and I felt like I wasn't worthless as a tank. I still can see how I wasn't really necessary as a tank, though.

Still, was fun to keep most of the incoming damage focused on me.

This is how I was on my guard around level 15-20. After 20 I've been last in damage, second in taking most damage and third or fourth in amount healed. Once I get him to 30 I may retire him. :(

• QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    8pm to midnight no less. Fucking terrible.

I guess it's an emergency for them, or else they wouldn't do the maintenance right now. Still pretty damn inconvenient.

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Worst possible timing on the maintenance. Not because I was doing anything important, but I was starting to really feel it, and it was hooking me.

Now I have to go do other stuff. I don't want to do other stuff. I want to continue pretending I'm Nightcrawler.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Quintessin wrote: »
    8pm to midnight no less. Fucking terrible.

Especially after a long day of moving into a new house and looking forward to enjoying Neverwinter on my new internet connection in my new room.

I showed up minutes after they shut servers down.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will take less time, but I doubt it.

488W936.png
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Dang they timed that stupidly. Just got back home and was going to finishing getting my second guy to 60 and downtime message pops up.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Can't decide on an alt, just got a rogue to 20.

Someone convince me of something - everything but the tank seems fun.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

I've been switching between rogue and wizard... both do amazing damage but in different ways. Only class I haven't tried is great weapon fighter, mainly because everyone says they're kinda sucky right now.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Cleric slides around like a badass when you hit shift, has targetable orbital holy strikes, and can blow things up, down, or away.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Hey, if you have a pet of a different class, can you use their ability to open more of the class specific containers?

@Just_Bri_Thanks

No, but you can buy kits that open all the other skill nodes. Most vendors have them (1.5 silver each). They have a 75% success rate, so they can fail (best I've had so far is 4 failures in a row). But once you get over level 20, you start looting as many kits as you use. I rarely buy them now and am usually sitting at 20 of each (besides my class skill) in my bag.

Albino Bunny
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I can't wait for steal time. In combat group movement speed buff with a slow and stun? Yes, please!

9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I guess it's an emergency for them, or else they wouldn't do the maintenance right now. Still pretty damn inconvenient.

The official post on the forum says stability issues, but that they aren't fixing the foundry issues, which to the best of my knowledge are about the only problem I've seen server-wise in the last two days. I am legitimately interested in what the instability is that are suffering.

am0n on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

The official post on the forum says stability issues, but that they aren't fixing the foundry issues, which to the best of my knowledge are about the only problem I've seen server-wise in the last two days. I am legitimately interested in what the instability is that are suffering.

Well the server did die again last night for like 5 hours. They may be heading that off before it happens again?

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I'll be spending the rest of the night debating the merits of my Cleric vs my Rogue.

I need two of me so I can play both at once.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277