As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• Page-Page- Registered User regular
    The game is also full of random lag bouts that lead to warping and suddenly dangerous combat situations. Maybe they're trying to work on that as well.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    See, I have had very few problems playing, the biggest inconveniences I've had are all the damn downtimes.

• Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    am0n wrote:
    This is how I was on my guard around level 15-20. After 20 I've been last in damage, second in taking most damage and third or fourth in amount healed. Once I get him to 30 I may retire him. :(

Honestly, I suspect where guardian fighters might really excel is in soloing. I'm not sure how rogues or the other classes compare when it comes to tackling high level content solo, but I've taken on some pretty crazy amounts of guys by myself with no companion support.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Huzzah, servers up.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have updated A Problem With Pests! Now it's version 1.3. Short Code: NW-DGUIFS5TL If you haven't played it, now's the time. I believe it's totally done. Should have extended the combat enough to go just over that 15 minute mark to get the daily quest eligiblility. And I added music! So try it out and tell me if it's terrible or not. People seem to like it so far! Find it by searching the name under "best" or looking for the short code, or looking for @sniperguy2100.

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow or at worst next Thursday, I will begin playing this game with great vigor.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    so far this game is hyper stupid easy, like hold down left mouse button and hold W easy

I guess its not advisable to play with two people?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    am0n wrote:
    This is how I was on my guard around level 15-20. After 20 I've been last in damage, second in taking most damage and third or fourth in amount healed. Once I get him to 30 I may retire him. :(

Honestly, I suspect where guardian fighters might really excel is in soloing. I'm not sure how rogues or the other classes compare when it comes to tackling high level content solo, but I've taken on some pretty crazy amounts of guys by myself with no companion support.

At level 20, my rogue can take just about anything without trying. Any solo target will die before even hitting me (Daze and stealth alternately to avoid taking hits, Lashing Tail from stealth for massive damage). Groups are tricky, since I have basically no AoE. Stealth lets me clear out grunts quickly, to use encounters for the big targets. If I have my daily, that wipes out all the grunts and gives MORE DAMAGE too. But mostly, rogues are insanely good at tearing apart their main target quickly. Instead of AoE, you just nuke through each target in turn at high speed.

Did some pvp earlier, and it was hilarious. I could take anyone to half health and crippled in an instant just by using all my encounters, and then autoattacks would drain the rest at a good clip. I even capped a point solo at 40% health... during which an enemy rogue came at me after respawning. He died in about 7 seconds, and barely touched me. It was sad.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Albino Bunny
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    also, rogues get back their daily power super fast

so fast that i think in like 10 levels (40) i'll be able to permastealth

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Ok, I added a little bit to the front of my quest. If it doesn't take over 15 minutes now, I don't know what the fuck.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    QoL wish: a "repeat task" button for crafting.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    QoL wish: a "repeat task" button for crafting.

That'd spoil the cow clicker :P

Incidentally, being in the Lake District without a PC is making me itch with the urge to rogue things.

No, I mean I just want a "do this thing again with the same assets". Save me some clicks!

Well isn't that awesome. The queue popup doesn't show if you're at a vendor!

Snicketysnick
    No, I mean I just want a "do this thing again with the same assets". Save me some clicks!

Yeah, that'd be neat.

I tried a game of PVP.

We wiped the other team out completely once in the first minute.

Then we never saw them again.

Erin The Red
    The PVP in this game is neat.

Even if wizards are annoying.

About 200 glory for a win. Level 60 chest armor is 4200 glory. That's pretty sane rates for a PW game.

PolaritieElvenshae
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i dislike that you can buy faster mounts, letting you cap earlier in pvp

otherwise the pvps pretty fun besides all the wizards chain stunning

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Polaritie
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    sorry if this question is stupid, but i really cannot find the answer. is there an instruction manual for this game somewhere? i'm finding it difficult to find answers to a lot of simple little things, like how do you split stack in your inventory, why is my profession only showing one thing now and a bunch of other little odds and ends that a manual might help with.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I was reluctant to get into pvp because of my lag, but it's not bad. Basically roguefest 2013, and I'm usually the only gwf for miles, but it's not hard to top scoreboards.

Too bad I didn't get a mount. That's the biggest pain right now.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So if I don't care for PVP, does this game offer anything? So far it seems really boring.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Are there dedicated RP servers in this game?

And can I go to Calimshan?

Those are the only two questions I care to have answers for.

Couscous wrote: »
    So if I don't care for PVP, does this game offer anything? So far it seems really boring.
    i honestly felt like the PVE has been way better than the PVP, so far

i'm only level 37, but the dungeons have been pretty good, and questing too. maybe you're not playing a class you like?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Getting a group to actually find all the goodies of the Cloak GeeseTower dungeon does not seem possible. This mentality of racing to the end doesn't work when the 2 treasure chests at the end need 3 ingredients to happen folks! I still don't know where everything is in the freaking thing and Ive run it 6 times now :(

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

i'm only level 37, but the dungeons have been pretty good, and questing too. maybe you're not playing a class you like?
    I was playing with the great weapons class, which I've heard kind of sucks.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    am0n wrote:

I would probably agree here. I rarely use pots. In fact, the only time I have needed them is when my companion is off training. But I am a group player, so feeling subpar in a group environment makes me not want to play the class. My hope is that maybe something will be done to balance out some of the class functions (threat generation on clerics, balance out the "usefulness" curve of the GWF, threat generation on guardians), but my honest gut is that PWE will just introduce new classes and say, "You don't like yours? That's fine, we added more! Go play those instead. And buy more character slots in the process."

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I've just installed this, where do I start to be able to play with some PA people, I'm in the EU if that matters.

Anyone else planning on starting a new character soon? I know literally nothing about the game so it'll be a voyage of discovery!

Well isn't that awesome. The queue popup doesn't show if you're at a vendor!

I bug reported that one. That is highly obnoxious.

One thing to note: You buy the mount ($20-40) and then you also need the training to use them. Training for a +2 mount is 768,000 ADs. Training for +3 is something like 1.5 million. Per character. So after you buy that mount, you need another $15-45 worth of diamonds just to ride it.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    TPSou wrote: »
    I've just installed this, where do I start to be able to play with some PA people, I'm in the EU if that matters.

Anyone else planning on starting a new character soon? I know literally nothing about the game so it'll be a voyage of discovery!

Beholder is our shard. <3

Be sure to channel join Penny Arcade so you can communicate with us to get a guild invite, or post your handle.

I'm @clackson, for instance. So you could message me if I'm on and I'd invite you.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

I was playing with the great weapons class, which I've heard kind of sucks.

I've not personally played a GWF, but everything I've heard indicates that they are pretty frustrating to play right now, especially at lower levels. Some have said they get better at higher levels, but it might not be worth the wait. Similarly, Guardian Fighters are a bit slow and don't feel entirely useful in groups where everyone can just take care of themselves, so if you're really wanting to go at this game and wreck shit, try one of the other 3 classes (rogue, priest, wizard).

edited May 2013
    okay so apparently you get another bag for doing the 29 quest chain in the graveyard area? i never finished the chain, because i couldn't find the NPC named Mina and there was no sparkle trail to follow

oh jesus christ, it's the acolyte lady. who is displayed as Acolyte Neyman, yet is referred to by her hidden first name

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a blast on GWF. They don't suck at all, unless you are comparing them to a TR, I guess. But from what I hear even that is only true at lower levels. Sure you have to pop a bunch of pots until you get the cleric companion at lvl16, but who cares? Pots are plentiful (I was never remotely close to running out during lvl 1-15).

But yeah, class choice made a pretty significant difference to me in terms of enjoyment, so if the game feels boring it may be worth trying a different class.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    P10
    Man gloaming cut blows all kinds of chunks

i don't think i want any of the infiltrator skills haha

maybe wicked reminder and invisible infiltrator. maybe

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    edited May 2013
    @SniperGuy I dont know if its the game itself but the 1.4 vs of your foundry item broke hard after the first pest clean up section. It decided I didn't need a quest log item or directions. I went back to the 1st guy you talk to and he supposedly updates you but as I don't know where to go from there.

Im assuming its the game because I can't even cancel the quest if I want to :(

Edit
    And a second reboot of the game and now our log item is back. Some seriously glitchy stuff here with that damn quest log.

Blood Drive on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

One thing to note: You buy the mount ($20-40) and then you also need the training to use them. Training for a +2 mount is 768,000 ADs. Training for +3 is something like 1.5 million. Per character. So after you buy that mount, you need another $15-45 worth of diamonds just to ride it.

I'm reasonably sure that's not how it works, unless you've tried it. From how I read it, you either buy a mount for $20-40 or you spend the 770k/1.3 million diamonds to upgrade your old green mount to a caster speed.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    Albino BunnySnicketysnick
    @SniperGuy I dont know if its the game itself but the 1.4 vs of your foundry item broke hard after the first pest clean up section. It decided I didn't need a quest log item or directions. I went back to the 1st guy you talk to and he supposedly updates you but as I don't know where to go from there.

Edit
    And a second reboot of the game and now our log item is back. Some seriously glitchy stuff here with that damn quest log.

Yeah someone else told me that happened but it was after the second section. I think it's the game being weird not my mission. Beta!
    The part with the key go well and everything?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

The answer to wizard stuns... is a Rogue jumping onto them from stealth, dazing them, and shredding their HP in no time at all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Edit

Yeah someone else told me that happened but it was after the second section. I think it's the game being weird not my mission. Beta!
    The part with the key go well and everything?

Yes, that went fine! I would suggest not having the duplicates of the items you can find in the key room, mostly because they take up inventory space. And maybe a short cut to the entrance once your done, but thats not really an issue with as short as it is.

Also. You are getting physical chuckles out of me, well played!

Second part did indeed bug out as well once I got out side. Reboot the game and its back. Ill bug report it.

Are treasure chests and gathering nodes not placeable items with the foundry? I have yet to see a single map with those, unless it was a mimic of course.