As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

1568101158

Posts

  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I am crafting so many mercenaries

    Or hiring?

    I don't know

    I need all the mercenaries

  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Heads up guys, Companions are not level restricted. If you get a level 60 in the guild to give you some level 60 gear you can slot it on your companion for a pretty sizable boost.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah. Mount training upgrades your mount. It is absolutely not needed to use a mount.

  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i wonder if giving my cleric companion level 60 items would even matter? she does no damage right now

    Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Power increases healing.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    I thought the cheap healer companion description shows as a flat "20% of max hitpoints" heal? Are you saying power is actually making this go up?

  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    20% of whose hitpoints? My cleric sure doesn't throw out 1500 heals.

  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Heals the summoner for 20% of max hitpoints over 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    does anyone know the mechanics of the bait and switch AP return? does it only return based off the dummy's max health, or will it return AP even for damage that spills over

    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Foundry question: Has anyone figured out if there's a way to assign a specific weapon to an NPC costume? Or is that strictly determined by the type of encounter it is, if applicable?

  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Are treasure chests and gathering nodes not placeable items with the foundry? I have yet to see a single map with those, unless it was a mimic of course.

    Yeah, I suspect they're probably not in order to prevent potential abuses by unscrupulous farmers. (ie. All chest maps, or maps with ridiculous numbers of gathering nodes) I'm hoping they'll find a way to balance access to those in the future - but for now, I haven't yet seen anyone placing them so I suspect they're not available yet.

  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Thought about that the other day. A solution would be to let players place spawn points for chests/nodes and then let the game decide how many to spawn based on average completion time etc and then place them at random.

  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    While I agree it could still be exploitable that way. I was thinking more along the lines of starting with a limit of 1 chest and 1 of each gathering node with a minimum number of spawns.... but even thats not going to work. There has to be a way to force x amount of kills before you can loot something. Thats something they are going to have to work on.

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    While I agree it could still be exploitable that way. I was thinking more along the lines of starting with a limit of 1 chest and 1 of each gathering node with a minimum number of spawns.... but even thats not going to work. There has to be a way to force x amount of kills before you can loot something. Thats something they are going to have to work on.

    I'd do it this way: Let people place all the nodes they want, with something like a minimum distance between nodes (No treasure rooms). Then the game randomly spawns a certain number of them, based on how many enemies there are (maybe within X distance?) or something.

    What I really want is a way to script things more powerfully - trigger things to throw players around, have door puzzles of some kind, etc.

    Also, I want to be able to have the player turned into a dog and forced to run past enemies to safety.

    The closest to this I can see is that you can make things visible only to people with certain skills (Thievery, etc.). You could make a level that throws encounters that play against the strengths of different classes, for instance (e.g. hordes of weak archer types to mess up rogues, who lack good ranged AoE options)

    Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Just hit 60 on my GWF. First dungeon run:

    hoXwTAO.jpg


    Hope that helps some people to stop worrying about GWF. Of course who knows if those two rogues were good players or what... both had more tier 1 gear than me, since it was my first dungeon run.

    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    yeah looking at gwf's stuff (granted, i'm not even 30 yet) i'm surprised people think they are so up. they got crit chance and crit severity like woah.

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    If anything, I'm regretting my GF. They just seem to fill a role that isn't really needed which is frustrating. I hope that changes.

    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, all I've heard is that they just have a rough start.

  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Having some meat in a GF is always useful from what I've seen. Just you can't tank all the things.

  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Armor penetration is huge on GWF too. A feat that gives 15% armor penetration, stacking 3 times when you crit. My crit when not active right now is 28%, when active from weapon master 35.5%.

    So thats 45% armor penetration, plus whatever my gear has which is 16% currently.

    Seems to work. I haven't done a ton of testing shit yet. I also have lots of recovery since another talent increases armor penetration with a % of my recovery.

    The only thing I'm not happy with on GWF right now is the final feat choices. I went with the one that gives determination on damage, since the feats leading upto it are really good. But it builds such a tiny amount its pointless. Damage to my character builds determination in no time though and that seems to be the best source.

    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Having some meat in a GF is always useful from what I've seen. Just you can't tank all the things.

    Also their cleave thing is great with reckless defense, which gives them power % based on the amount of shield meter that's left. They can do some really high damage with that setup.

    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    i dislike that you can buy faster mounts, letting you cap earlier in pvp

    otherwise the pvps pretty fun besides all the wizards chain stunning

    One thing to note: You buy the mount ($20-40) and then you also need the training to use them. Training for a +2 mount is 768,000 ADs. Training for +3 is something like 1.5 million. Per character. So after you buy that mount, you need another $15-45 worth of diamonds just to ride it.

    @amon I don't believe this is correct. I think the "training" is to raise the level of a current mount to the next tier. So if you already had a mount, you could just pay the cost to upgrade it, instead of buying a new mount.

    For example, the Armored Spider is a Rank 3 mount. As soon as I hit 20, I was jetting around on that thing at 110% speed.

  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    @SniperGuy I dont know if its the game itself but the 1.4 vs of your foundry item broke hard after the first pest clean up section. It decided I didn't need a quest log item or directions. I went back to the 1st guy you talk to and he supposedly updates you but as I don't know where to go from there.

    Im assuming its the game because I can't even cancel the quest if I want to :(

    Edit
    And a second reboot of the game and now our log item is back. Some seriously glitchy stuff here with that damn quest log.

    Yeah someone else told me that happened but it was after the second section. I think it's the game being weird not my mission. Beta!
    The part with the key go well and everything?

    Yes, that went fine! I would suggest not having the duplicates of the items you can find in the key room, mostly because they take up inventory space. And maybe a short cut to the entrance once your done, but thats not really an issue with as short as it is.

    Also. You are getting physical chuckles out of me, well played!

    Second part did indeed bug out as well once I got out side. Reboot the game and its back. Ill bug report it.

    Are treasure chests and gathering nodes not placeable items with the foundry? I have yet to see a single map with those, unless it was a mimic of course.

    I wanted to make it pop up text that just described what was in each thing rather than give you an actual item but couldn't figure out how to do that at 4 am last night. Maybe I'll just write "this is junk. Don't pick this up" on the useless items.

  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    So my Rogue is fucked. I just hit level 10, and all my stats reset to 0. All of them. Putting 1 point back into Dex and Cha is actually giving me a penalty to the stuff they govern. Relogging does not help.

    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    So my Rogue is fucked. I just hit level 10, and all my stats reset to 0. All of them. Putting 1 point back into Dex and Cha is actually giving me a penalty to the stuff they govern. Relogging does not help.

    Being spell scarred sucks.

  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    If anything, I'm regretting my GF. They just seem to fill a role that isn't really needed which is frustrating. I hope that changes.

    I've been doing pretty solid with mine. My damage is subpar to everyone else in a dungeon run, but I take twice the amount of damage as the next highest (no clue how blocked damage factors into that), and I've gotten the most killing blows twice. You can definitely be a damage sponge for a group, but you're not going to keep all the baddies on you all the time. Your taunt ability has a pretty wide area of effect, and it deals damage. I use it all the time, even when soloing.

    Also, it seems the GF's mark ability falls off if you hit the enemy with anything but a guarded attack? The language of the mark sure makes it sound that way. I was curious, so read it again... I'll have to test it to be sure.

    Beyond PvE, GF's can absorb tons of damage in PvP as well. Stick with your group, get it front of them, and hold your shield up. You'll be a magnet for any of those ranged attacks, and your own team can return fire easily. Quite frankly, I think our ability to block magic is a bit OP.

    IHZR47b.png
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Armor penetration is huge on GWF too. A feat that gives 15% armor penetration, stacking 3 times when you crit. My crit when not active right now is 28%, when active from weapon master 35.5%.

    So thats 45% armor penetration, plus whatever my gear has which is 16% currently.

    Seems to work. I haven't done a ton of testing shit yet. I also have lots of recovery since another talent increases armor penetration with a % of my recovery.

    The only thing I'm not happy with on GWF right now is the final feat choices. I went with the one that gives determination on damage, since the feats leading upto it are really good. But it builds such a tiny amount its pointless. Damage to my character builds determination in no time though and that seems to be the best source.

    Does that 15% add like that? I noticed Clerics have something similar, but it sounded more like 15% more armor pen, meaning if you had 100 armor pen stat, you'd have 115 (as opposed to 5% armor pen becoming 20%). I haven't checked, but curious how it works with GWF.

    As for GF mark, it falls off if the marked target hits you. With anything. One change I'd like to see is the mark only fall off if you don't refresh it as opposed to whenever they hit you.

  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    am0n wrote: »
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Armor penetration is huge on GWF too. A feat that gives 15% armor penetration, stacking 3 times when you crit. My crit when not active right now is 28%, when active from weapon master 35.5%.

    So thats 45% armor penetration, plus whatever my gear has which is 16% currently.

    Seems to work. I haven't done a ton of testing shit yet. I also have lots of recovery since another talent increases armor penetration with a % of my recovery.

    The only thing I'm not happy with on GWF right now is the final feat choices. I went with the one that gives determination on damage, since the feats leading upto it are really good. But it builds such a tiny amount its pointless. Damage to my character builds determination in no time though and that seems to be the best source.

    Does that 15% add like that? I noticed Clerics have something similar, but it sounded more like 15% more armor pen, meaning if you had 100 armor pen stat, you'd have 115 (as opposed to 5% armor pen becoming 20%). I haven't checked, but curious how it works with GWF.

    As for GF mark, it falls off if the marked target hits you. With anything. One change I'd like to see is the mark only fall off if you don't refresh it as opposed to whenever they hit you.

    I worded it wrong when I said the stacking is armor penetration, it says "lowers targets defense by 15% and stacks 3 times". So kinda the same thing. You get a stack each time you crit, so its no a constant 45% or anything. But since its basically a big AOE debuff, everyone benefits from it.

    Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Found the "I Am Slayer" Foundry quest miles better than anything I've encountered so far (it was still a bit too grindy tbh.

    steam_sig.png
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Started playing today. Devoted Cleric. Seems pretty okay so far.

    I'm Denada on the Beholder server. I added CorriganX as a friend. Someone invite me to the guild so that I can play with some PA peeps.

  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    Started playing today. Devoted Cleric. Seems pretty okay so far.

    I'm Denada on the Beholder server. I added CorriganX as a friend. Someone invite me to the guild so that I can play with some PA peeps.

    Sorry about that, I was afk at the time. I accepted it, next time you get on message me and ill get you an invite.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Enna Silverkin on Beholder.

    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Found the "I Am Slayer" Foundry quest miles better than anything I've encountered so far (it was still a bit too grindy tbh.

    That's because you haven't played mine yet. I am Slayer is...silly. And not in a comedic way. It's got Drow attacking a city with a flying ship.

    (Play mine)

  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Divinity + Searing Light + a bunch of mooks standing next to each other = my screen exploded with numbers.

    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Found the "I Am Slayer" Foundry quest miles better than anything I've encountered so far (it was still a bit too grindy tbh.

    That's because you haven't played mine yet. I am Slayer is...silly. And not in a comedic way. It's got Drow attacking a city with a flying ship.

    (Play mine)

    Its worth one run through if only for the ending revelation. I found it quite hilarious. Totally justified all my "this dosn't make any sense at all!" mindset.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    The Cloak Tower skirmish is so dumb. Takes less than 5 minutes to get to the boss, then 10 minutes to kill him. He's got x10 the hp of every other mob on the map put together. Who thinks this is good design?

    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Want to play this with some folks. Boring solo.

    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    The Cloak Tower skirmish is so dumb. Takes less than 5 minutes to get to the boss, then 10 minutes to kill him. He's got x10 the hp of every other mob on the map put together. Who thinks this is good design?

    Thats not the cloak tower, thats the Storming the Keep one.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Want to play this with some folks. Boring solo.

    Whats your account name if you want an invite to the guild :p

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    I'll try and add @CorriganX as friend next time I'm on or something. Probably would be a much more enjoyable experience not doing everything by myself.

Sign In or Register to comment.