As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Found the "I Am Slayer" Foundry quest miles better than anything I've encountered so far (it was still a bit too grindy tbh.

That's because you haven't played mine yet. I am Slayer is...silly. And not in a comedic way. It's got Drow attacking a city with a flying ship.

(Play mine)

Its worth one run through if only for the ending revelation. I found it quite hilarious. Totally justified all my "this dosn't make any sense at all!" mindset.

A Problem With Pests
    NW-DGUIFS5TL

...I'll stop pimping this now. But given what i've played of some of the more popular ones, I'm really surprised at how kinda lame they are.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    The Cloak Tower skirmish is so dumb. Takes less than 5 minutes to get to the boss, then 10 minutes to kill him. He's got x10 the hp of every other mob on the map put together. Who thinks this is good design?

Thats not the cloak tower, thats the Storming the Keep one.

Yes, it is.

I've found all of the dungeons to be a complete slog so far. Hopefully the 30+ ones are better.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Found the "I Am Slayer" Foundry quest miles better than anything I've encountered so far (it was still a bit too grindy tbh.

That's because you haven't played mine yet. I am Slayer is...silly. And not in a comedic way. It's got Drow attacking a city with a flying ship.

(Play mine)

Its worth one run through if only for the ending revelation. I found it quite hilarious. Totally justified all my "this dosn't make any sense at all!" mindset.

A Problem With Pests
    NW-DGUIFS5TL

...I'll stop pimping this now. But given what i've played of some of the more popular ones, I'm really surprised at how kinda lame they are.

Engrish. Engrish EVERYWHERE.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I finally played your map, @SniperGuy.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed a few times. I rated it poorly because of my chest loot. :winky:

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    I finally played your map, @SniperGuy.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed a few times. I rated it poorly because of my chest loot. :winky:

You monster.

• Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Well, either I found an easter egg, or something that wasn't intended to be found. Scryer's stone in Craftsmen's Rest that's partially buried by a mountain.
    YRTIAmY.jpg
    o3AO0GN.jpg
    qbcDif7.png

Had to jump against the wall and "stick" to jump again and get up there.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Have to say that I'm having quite a good time with this. Got my little Guardian Fighter up to level 14.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Apparently earlier in the closed beta achievements gave AD rewards? Seems they don't anymore. Too bad.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    I'm about to log on. Anyone around and want to get some early levels out of the way?

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    You know, I really hate it in groups when all the mobs have gotten bunched up in a nice tight little AoE, perfect for my Cleric to rain group-wide death on...

...and then the Wizard of the party goes "I'M HELPING :o " and does an AoE knockback to scatter them all to kingdom come just in time for my orbital death laser to hit absolutely nothing.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So all this talk of how GWF is worth it is making me regret rerolling to a Rogue. Don't get me wrong, the rogue is a lot of fun, I just liked the concept of the GWF better I think. Has anyone got a guide or build for a GWF or even tips to make it not suck complete balls in the lower levels, and so I don't gimp myself come high levels?

• Options
    I never had trouble with gwf at lower levels. It's got good aoe and decent single target damage. Can clear out trash mobs in one shot with the charge attack + another aoe. Tanks well enough to not have to worry, and once you get a heal bot it's smooth sailing.

Just 'cus you're only 2 or 3 on the damage board during a skirmish doesn't mean anything is wrong. And if you get lucky with packs the aoe damage can take 1st or 2nd place easily.

stream
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    how do you beat ethraniev marrowslake? the adds are going a little too crazy, and she's stuck on her final phase even when we reengage after a wipe

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    FUCK YEAH, A Problem With Pests now eligible for the Daily Foundry quest!

edit: *Facepalm* Started getting some bad reviews from people because "WORST QUEST EVER" and "Not enough XP" as if I have any control over that. Sigh.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    I just noticed that the game sells pvp only healing pots.

That explains a lot.

stream
  • Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    ...What. I hit 60, did a dungeon, logged off to make an alt to play with a friend, and when I finished making it I was kicked and now it says my account has been temporarily suspended. What the fuck?

No e-mail explaining why, no message on forum, nadda. What the hell, seriously.

Quintessin on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    You know, I really hate it in groups when all the mobs have gotten bunched up in a nice tight little AoE, perfect for my Cleric to rain group-wide death on...

...and then the Wizard of the party goes "I'M HELPING :o " and does an AoE knockback to scatter them all to kingdom come just in time for my orbital death laser to hit absolutely nothing.

THIS

ALL OF THIS

Wizards, please

please stop using Ice Storm as your daily

signed,

everyone who uses aoe powers

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    THIS

ALL OF THIS

Wizards, please

please stop using Ice Storm as your daily

signed,

everyone who uses aoe powers

Also, rogues with the high-damage at-will that requires you to stand still

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah, knockbacks and leaping enemies are annoying as fuck

gotta use the weaker at will and do less dps

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    ahh, so this is where @sniperguy went off to after PS2 :P

ok so I picked this game up with unthinkable a couple days ago.

I'm a great weapon fighter and he's a control wizard. we are only a couple levels below the tower dungeon (I think its the crow tower? its the level 17 dungeon with the orcs)
    We are busting ass and taking names. Sure the monsters are a little tough, and its a bit slow going, but he is keeping them locked up with ice and I got knockdowns and a bit of HP
    for fighting the lesser mobs. The point is, we are two manning this because we wanted to see what we are capable of.

Its the spellscar wannabe a couple floors down. We are doing pretty good and he has adds that come out, no problem still keeping him down... the problem is, our effects are not working on him.
    He has tried multiple times to lock this guy down with his ice ray and darth vader choke, and I have jumped on this guy with avalanche of steel 3 times, no prone enemies...

Is this a factor of us being lower level (they have orange names if that means anything) or are the boss fights just dps battles and no secondary effects?
    If its just us being just a little too low of level... ok, they have a bit of resistance then, but if my bag of tricks is usurped by draconian wow monster design, Im gonna be in a bit of a grump.

btw, Im Grimshaw@NotoriusBEN on the beholder server.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    i think bosses are immune to CC effects usually?

if they weren't you can stunlock them forever

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ...you're duoing a five-man dungeon?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    yes we were duoing a five man dungeon. We wanted to see how hard we could push ourselves and I guess we got our answer.
    Its just a little irksome and reminiscent of WoW and DnD3.5 where you give players abilities and then make monsters immune to them.
    I'd understand if it was just resistances in effect, and us trying to punch above our level, but if its and inherent mechanic, that's where I get irked.

dont get me wrong, I was drinking so many health pots, I was pissing red, but the point was we were doing it :P

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Trust me, most encounters the wizards job is to CC the bajillion ads.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    If bosses were CCable, Control Wizards would just be able to solo dungeons and not need the help of anybody. Instead, they must be tanked (generally by a Guardian Fighter) to be controlled somewhat, while the group uses CC to round up adds that spawn and usually make a beeline for the Cleric.

GFs, I think, feel kinda useless because people who play tanks are used to being able to aggro everything... but in this game it seems they are more for keeping the attention of the most powerful mob(s) in a pack while the team uses their individual CC and avoidance to control the others.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    I never had trouble with gwf at lower levels. It's got good aoe and decent single target damage. Can clear out trash mobs in one shot with the charge attack + another aoe. Tanks well enough to not have to worry, and once you get a heal bot it's smooth sailing.

Just 'cus you're only 2 or 3 on the damage board during a skirmish doesn't mean anything is wrong. And if you get lucky with packs the aoe damage can take 1st or 2nd place easily.

Until 35 or so the GWF pretty much sucks compared to other classes. Sure its not bad and people just complain because its not easy mode like a rogue. But in the big picture GWF start out just plain awful, they rarely place higher than last on the charts because even their AOE starts out worst than others. Also earlier levels just don't have many adds. In fact until epic dungeons I don't feel the game really shows how much it loves to swarm the screen with adds. Then its just balls to the walls adds and GWF and CW are super important.

Luckily once it starts getting good, it gets really good.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pretty much who cares 80% of the game is a cakewalk anyway so pick whatever class you like.

I really hope they have the decency to give out some free respecs when they finally get around to adding new paragon classes.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    pretty much who cares 80% of the game is a cakewalk anyway so pick whatever class you like.

If anything I wish they would make the leveling content harder and require more time.

I agree the game is a total cakewalk. But I have a 60 GWF and a 60 Rogue... by comparison the rogue is insanely OP the entire time leveling up and the GWF is pretty gimped for a while. Which is why I have enjoyed the GWF a lot more, it actually required me to think a little about my stats and spec. The rogue... I just went with a maximum stealth build and watched huge numbers fly around.

I encourage people who heard initially that the GWF is lacking to do it anyway. "Lacking" in this game means you can't level up while blindfolded.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »

This is why I got rid of the first wizard daily as soon as I could and replaced it with the black hole. It's so much better, clumps everyone up nice and lasts a long time.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    i would level up a GWF but there are only two character slots, and i think i want a wizard next

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    So, my cleric companion just hit 15. I've read I that she can be upgraded which allows her to reach higher levels. How do I go about doing this?

For reference, in case it's important... I'm about to hit 30.

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Nerdtendo wrote:
    So, my cleric companion just hit 15. I've read I that she can be upgraded which allows her to reach higher levels. How do I go about doing this?

For reference, in case it's important... I'm about to hit 30.

They can't yet I'm afraid. The kits to do so are listed in the shop, but they're listed as not available yet, which I assume means that they'll be released in a future update.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeah, the class distinction doesn't seem to matter THAT much. The content in this game is pretty face-roll when you get down to it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    On an entirely different note, at level 60 I've actually run across a pack of mobs I can't kill with my favorite spells! I've died horribly six times now.

I either need to figure out a combination that works, or grab a meat shield to help me.

Darned dirty Ilithids.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been trying to "grin and bear it" with my GWF, who seems to be getting slowly better at 20 (I think). I'm sure I'm spec'ing him wrong, but alas... meh. I'll worry about that at 60, if I make it that far.

• Options
    So curiously what would your guys top 3 classes be in terms of want?

I'm thinking Bard, Seeker and paladin.

• Options
    After running hours of tier 2 epic dungeons now, I'm happy to say that every class is very useful. And this stuff about cleric not being a full healer... well its kinda true, but they are still stupidly important. The tier 1 epic dungeons you can do without one, but some of the tier 2 ones I would say they are needed.

Same with guardian fighters, ya they don't tank like in the standard MMO trinity... but the ones I've had in tier 2 groups are really useful and hold threat on most things.

Tier 2 is basically more adds though. Like TONS more. Some bosses you have a single rogue go and solo the boss while everyone just sits on a big pile of AOE and adds.

Ideally though a party with one of each class is possibly the best setup. Cleric however is the one class you will want for sure.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I am only level 15 on my Wizard, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But from the 3-4 skirmishes I've run so far, the class really feels like you're the "crowd control dude." I think it's great. We had a pretty badass cleric in one group who was constantly drawing aggro, and I was using all of my cooldowns to keep orcs off of him while he ran around healing people and dropping flaming angels on nerds. We didn't have a tank, it was just two wizards, a cleric, and two rogues stabbing things. It was actually a lot of fun, and made me appreciate the class design.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Rogues are actually full tanks. You don't notice because anything we try and agro died too fast.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Quintessin wrote: »
    ...What. I hit 60, did a dungeon, logged off to make an alt to play with a friend, and when I finished making it I was kicked and now it says my account has been temporarily suspended. What the fuck?

No e-mail explaining why, no message on forum, nadda. What the hell, seriously.

This sucks, @Quintessin . Figure it out?

Badwrong wrote: »
    After running hours of tier 2 epic dungeons now, I'm happy to say that every class is very useful. And this stuff about cleric not being a full healer... well its kinda true, but they are still stupidly important. The tier 1 epic dungeons you can do without one, but some of the tier 2 ones I would say they are needed.

Same with guardian fighters, ya they don't tank like in the standard MMO trinity... but the ones I've had in tier 2 groups are really useful and hold threat on most things.

Tier 2 is basically more adds though. Like TONS more. Some bosses you have a single rogue go and solo the boss while everyone just sits on a big pile of AOE and adds.

Ideally though a party with one of each class is possibly the best setup. Cleric however is the one class you will want for sure.

I decided to try GF a bit different. I'm not trying to tank any more. I'm actually getting more power/crit than just pure mitigation, rarely using Mark and just trying to DPS using Guard to keep me near the enemy when they do a big wind up attack. Overall, I'd say our DPS is moderate and while we don't tank like other games, we can be useful to at least keep some stuff busy (on the Mad Dragon I was able to keep the threat of the big add around 30% and one of the witches while our GWF was cleaning up the rest). It's still a bit disappointing to me that tanking isn't what I enjoy (enjoy the mechanics of active block, dodging stuff, etc., but do miss being able to hold more threat), given that companions seem to out threat me when I am trying, but I'll deal with it for now and see if it gets better by epic dungeons.

am0n on