The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Elimination #6

12345679»

• DevoninDevonin Registered User regular
    Lamp wrote: »
    Devonin wrote: »
    Well Abby made it sound like the NDA they signed included a 100,000 dollar penalty fine if they broke it. Given that PA is a pretty big company, I'm sure they do indeed have a gun that shoots lawyers who could enforce that.

Yeah, I did think of that. I wonder how that even works though. It makes sense to me that a finite number of show contestant can easily be held accountable. But if you have an audience of 50 strangers sitting in on a show and then later someone leaks spoilers, how would you even BEGIN to determine who did it? On the other hand it would be trivially easy for one of the contestants to anonymously leak spoilers as well, wouldn't it? I'd be very interested to learn how that sort of thing works.

That's why they do things like wait until a live finale to announce the actual winner of competitions.

Or you could go the David Lynch 'Twin Peaks' approach and actually write and film a half dozen different versions of the ending, with as many different people being the killer, so even the actor who WAS the killer didn't know they were.

• Black opsBlack ops Australia MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I did think Addy's comic story was the best one out of them. It was sad to see Erika go.

• astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    Abby's comic dethroned Maki's as the best elimination comic thus far.

Now that Erika and Amy are both gone, they can finally start releasing all the Amerika episodes they filmed behind-the-scenes.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
    emarecksaykay
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Well Abby made it sound like the NDA they signed included a 100,000 dollar penalty fine if they broke it. Given that PA is a pretty big company, I'm sure they do indeed have a gun that shoots lawyers who could enforce that.

Lexxy independently confirmed that amount on one of her livestreams a couple episodes back. It's standard reality-show procedure to attach an NDA fine way, way, WAY in excess of the amount of the grand prize (it gets up into the multi-millions on the network shows). It just usually never gets brought up on-air is all.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    emarecksaykay
  • BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Needs to be Monica/Lexxy for elimination next round, as the only two left who have never won an elimination.

Even though I'm Team Tangent I'd be fine with Abby going back to the Thunderdome next ep. And then the ep after that. And then the one after that ...

Next season's PATV should just be The Mike, Jerry and Abby Show, because I literally can't get enough. Literally.

Abby's comic dethroned Maki's as the best elimination comic thus far.

Now that Erika and Amy are both gone, they can finally start releasing all the Amerika episodes they filmed behind-the-scenes.

You say that as if neither Erika nor Amy could be invited back into the house Lexxy-style.

Have we learned nothing?

Bucho on
    Geekfatheremarecksaykay
  • kitkamrankitkamran Registered User new member
    I've watched the episode, I still don't get what's so funny about Abby's comic :( . I wish I did though since so many people seem to find it hilarious.

enderandrewesobRicciardiVFX
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    kitkamran wrote: »
    I've watched the episode, I still don't get what's so funny about Abby's comic :( . I wish I did though since so many people seem to find it hilarious.

Q: What's the difference between a duck?
    A: One leg's both the same!

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
    Imperfectparmeisanemarecksaykay
  • miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    here's my attempt at the naughty mystery #elimcomic, i wanted to do more of these, I have some partial ideas for prior elimations I might post them but here was a fun one for the words pulled seemed like a fun subject so it gave me alot to play with so I made something rather fun, hehe, I did this in 90 minutes keeping to the rules of the elimination : D

naughtyMystery.jpg

• GeekfatherGeekfather Registered User regular
    Great comic, Abby!

emarecksaykay
  • Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Everything just clicked with this episode. If this is the kind of quality we can expect for the second half of the season then color me enthused.

I hope this is just the first of many seasons.

emarecksaykay
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    I would expect them to be slightly less worried about the cast than others - I mean the strippers themselves have a vested interest in people being enthused about this show for as long as possible, whether they are themselves still on the show or not. Random Kickstarter supporter #387? I dunno. Since there did only end up being 1, it might be harder to anonymously leak anything. When they thought there might be 50? It's hard to imagine that they might have let them see all of the eliminations. But if they are ONLY letting these paid backers view the Finale live, then they can't be doing this at PAX or any other Con. Right? So is the only reason that they haven't decided the winner so that they can let this one person see the finale without risking them giving it away too far ahead of time?? I haven't the slightest.

Oh wait, I just realized that I linked a Kickstarter. Oops. I'm not sure if there's an exception even for the finished PA Kickstarter, so I'm'a go fix that...

• VerticalEventVerticalEvent Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    parmeisan wrote: »
    I would expect them to be slightly less worried about the cast than others - I mean the strippers themselves have a vested interest in people being enthused about this show for as long as possible, whether they are themselves still on the show or not. Random Kickstarter supporter #387? I dunno. Since there did only end up being 1, it might be harder to anonymously leak anything. When they thought there might be 50? It's hard to imagine that they might have let them see all of the eliminations. But if they are ONLY letting these paid backers view the Finale live, then they can't be doing this at PAX or any other Con. Right? So is the only reason that they haven't decided the winner so that they can let this one person see the finale without risking them giving it away too far ahead of time?? I haven't the slightest.

Oh wait, I just realized that I linked a Kickstarter. Oops. I'm not sure if there's an exception even for the finished PA Kickstarter, so I'm'a go fix that...
    quick mod edit, fixed quote tags

Why not? PAX Prime takes place in Seatle - it could take place as a panel. The prize reward did not say that the live audience would be made up of only backers, only that there would be 50 people present (and all 50 could have been backers, if they sold out). That one person would be given priority in seating, but doesn't mean he will be the only one in attendance.

zerzhul on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Before this episode I did not particularly care for Abby

I now want her to take the whole damn thing

Also Lexxy to take the whole damn thing

It is a dilemma

sig.png
  • maxdmaxd Registered User new member

It is a dilemma

I can tell you that at least one of those people don't take the whole damn thing.

emarecksaykay
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    While I'm waiting for the next episode, I seem to have taken to creating a custom Wastebasket of Broken Dreams for maybe future use by someone or other. (I figure that after six rounds of play, we're starting to get an idea of what makes a good topic.) I have no idea how many topics they put in the real one, but I figure I'll err on the high side because it's not as if I'm limited by the size of an actual wastebasket.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    Gosling wrote: »
    While I'm waiting for the next episode, I seem to have taken to creating a custom Wastebasket of Broken Dreams for maybe future use by someone or other. (I figure that after six rounds of play, we're starting to get an idea of what makes a good topic.) I have no idea how many topics they put in the real one, but I figure I'll err on the high side because it's not as if I'm limited by the size of an actual wastebasket.

I did that. My basket contains 500 pieces of paper, but all of them just say "OWLS"

Inkstain82
    I'm up to 109 at the moment of this post on the self-restriction that I can't put anything in that has actually come out in a Thunderdome. It'd help if I knew the amount they had in the actual Thunderdome so I know what number I'm supposed to be shooting for.

edited May 2013
    You can get scale for the paper and the wastebasket from watching the episodes. the papers look loosely balled up, and the basket is full but not compacted. So... about 300? - you could just get a wastebasket and keep going until it was full.

ahdok on
  • foofoo Registered User regular
    I wonder if PA could sell the remaining 49 live tickets for $1500 each now that the show has gone live and gained some audience. Mr Kickstarter Supporter got himself a good deal!

I've been looking at the youtube view counts, and it seems to average around 60-70k views per episode. That's probably enough to have some high-dollar crazy fans to exploit... :twisted:

• TheKeckTheKeck Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's a particular reason the new episode is so late today.

Spman2099emarecksaykay
  • Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    You are literally killing me, Penny Arcade. Literally. Just post the damn episode!

emarecksaykayDark Raven X
  • KhaymanKhayman Registered User regular
    You have ruined my lunchtime Penny Arcade with your non video shenanigans. I Hope you're HAPPY!
    *presses F5 178 times*

Spman2099
  • emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Toilet humor vs. deadpan humor.

I have to say I'm glad the Creators have a deep appreciation for the latter. One might be tempted to think they'd go for the former, but clearly Mike and Jerry have a more sophisticated sense for these things. They've actually talked a lot about delivery, which deadpan relies on, on PATV and interviews in the past. They've done some unconventional deliveries themselves in their comics, where the punchline isn't at the end like you'd expect, as well as deadpan. At PAX PA panels, I've seen Mike use deadpan quite a bit in particular. It's clear from their reaction that they really got Abby's comic based on its delivery. I even guess that the moment Jerry burst out into laughter was not even at the end of her strip, but in the middle.

Not that Erika's comic was bad, or that people who didn't laugh at Abby's comic are stupid and unsophisticated. But the sort of humor Abby used is difficult to pull off, and she did so very very well. Toilet humor is easier, and more accessible. While Erika did it well, Abby did her deadpan comic better than Erika did her toilet humor comic, which makes the accomplishment even more impressive. Sex is also naughtier than poop.

Regardless of the personality Abby showed in the 90 minutes, her comic won on its own merits. Simply watch how the Creators reacted to both strips. Mike starts giggling and then laughs for a while at Abby's comic, while Jerry reads Erika's quite seriously. Mike is still smiling at Abby's comic while he starts on Erika's, and Jerry bursts out laughing and actually has to stop himself to recover when he gets to (I'm assuming) the line "It is the mystery of you putting your penis inside of me". Jerry then finishes off the comic, and Mike describes Erika's as "pretty funny" instead of "really funny" as he did a moment before with Abby's. Mike then immediately goes into a discussion about whether Erika really used the themes (which she did). Then they talk about how Abby's is hilarious and Jerry starts praising the art as well.

Does anyone here REALLY think that Abby didn't win on the merits of her comic alone?

It's okay if you don't get Abby's deadpan humor. Not everyone gets it. Not everyone is terribly amused by poop jokes either. Humor is very subjective. But clearly both WERE funny, just in different ways, though Mike and Jerry clearly favored Abby's comic. The difficulty was not so much in the decision, but the act itself of sending home a comic artist they have tremendous professional respect for. Erika turned in a great strip, just the sort of thing that's given her a lot of success in the past (and will in the future). Against a weaker opponent, Erika would have won and rightfully so. She was up against Abby, though, and Abby performed brilliantly in her chosen type of humor.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
    parmeisanhazardousindexSpman2099
    ahdok wrote: »
    You can get scale for the paper and the wastebasket from watching the episodes. the papers look loosely balled up, and the basket is full but not compacted. So... about 300? - you could just get a wastebasket and keep going until it was full.

Who needs a wastebasket? I'm using an Excel file, assigning each item its row number and hitting the RNG to pick two numbers. Not the first time I've used that method.

• pariah164pariah164 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    ERMAHGERD this episode. /just now watching it after coming back from a trip

Okay so, Abby? I am on your team as well now. Abby/Katie final 2 please. I love that the creators TOTALLY underestimated her just because of her standup. Good on her for telling the judges to suck a d*ck; the banter had me laughing so hard. BRING DA SASS. And yes, we need a gif of her sly smile as she pokes her head back into the house.

On the flip side... ERIKA. ;A; Her ending speech got me right in the feels. I want to give her the biggest hug ever.

pariah164 on
    Gosling wrote: »

Who needs a wastebasket? I'm using an Excel file, assigning each item its row number and hitting the RNG to pick two numbers. Not the first time I've used that method.

I kinda feel that if you're doing it digitally, you should store them in the recycle bin. :)

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    maxd wrote: »

It is a dilemma

I can tell you that at least one of those people don't take the whole damn thing.

Yes

Hence the dilemma

sig.png
  • hazardousindexhazardousindex Registered User regular
    "Got me right in the feels" is right. Erika's final speech made my eyes leaky.

• narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Do you ever get the feeling that people participating in polls these days are just trolling now to see if they can get even numbers for each answer? Especially given the fact that the poll started out one way and completely switched over time?

Narwhal#1834
    kedinik
  • DeekDeek Instructional Designer Registered User regular
    Pineapple Maki at the end was awesome!

My videography site.
    IxCreations.com
    --Loves his Job!--
  • gamewispgamewisp Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    Bah! I really liked Erica. I thought that she was going to make it into the top three, but Abby really pulled out all the stops! Nice work.

Michael Anderson
    Current project: GameWisp: cloud backup for PC Game content, plus a social network for sharing game saves.
    http://gamewisp.com
  • j03n1nj4j03n1nj4 Registered User regular
    This was the best episode so far. I've been rooting for Abby from the start. She seemed like the underdog that would just come back out of nowhere, and it seems I may be right. Also, she is just so damn cute >.< It's getting hard to see people go though. They are all talented and interesting people.

• RicciardiVFXRicciardiVFX Registered User regular
    Is "madame stop this at once" a reference to something I am not getting? Is that really the punch-line people find hilarious? I really, really think (and HOPE) that I am missing something. The way Jerry busted out laughing makes me feel like he just likes Abby as a person and that made him automatically like the comic.

• DevoninDevonin Registered User regular
    It doesn't have a punchline. The entire thing is one solid joke. It plays off Holmes' well-known asexuality and disinterest in women not named Irene, by having a completely over the top woman throw herself at him, and have him cordially, calmly request that she leave him alone.

Spman2099Sassori
  • theflamingsnowflaketheflamingsnowflake Registered User new member
    Erika's ending speech almost made me cry.