As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

world record [chat]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPKQwfIe5YQ

YOU CAN DO IT MAN

I accidentally posted this in the forum issues forum somehow from my phone? A forum I never visit?

That was super weird.

PHONES

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Seriously, page 99-100 is no time to take a pee break.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So. Color me shocked.

This is happening at the comic con here tomorrow.
    REALLY Changing Character Classes- Transgender Issues in Gaming: Jennell Jaquays, Rebecca Heinman— There have been transgender characters in video games for years and transgender game developers for even longer. Guests Rebecca Heineman and Jennell Jaquays regularly speak about transgender issues as part of a speakers group called PressXY: Transgender issues in Gaming, and in this panel they will share stories about characters, some personal experiences, and what to expect if you choose to make a change while working in games and gaming.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    That world record looks ill advised.

Speaking of, a movie was made by manipulating atoms. Smallest Movie world record.

I'd link it but I'm on my phone and can't be arsed.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    That world record looks ill advised.

Speaking of, a movie was made by manipulating atoms. Smallest Movie world record.

I'd link it but I'm on my phone and can't be arsed. isn't measured in angstroms.

:rotate:

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Haven't posted drunk in a while... I took 5 pints (Canadian) while watchin the hockey game and I just bought a 15 packs of Kokanee.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    @evil multifarious

HP is fine, and refinements such as fatigue points, morale points, body points, etc are all good.

Your problem is mostly with videogame animations or PnP descriptions: Someone gets shot in the head, or punched into the sun, and doesn't die, just takes X HP damage. That's rubbish, I agree.

HP are abstract - in my D&D game, a fight involves maybe two hits, the first when they're bloodied, the second when they're killed. The rest is all glancing blows, and smashing your shield, or even a near-miss that makes the character feel their luck is running out.

There are tons of HP variants, sure. But by HP I mean 'damage that is abstract and doesn't reduce effectiveness'.

If damage does reduce your effectiveness, first strike matters too much, just like in real life. It's not fun. It doesn't guarantee a win, but it increases the importance of first strike dramatically. White Wolf RPGs have that flaw, as great as they are. And it is fun to have a game about getting the first strike - I loved Bushido Blade too.

But HP work really well, so long as everyone understands they are abstract.

When you talk about systems without HP, what do you mean? Maybe I would think of those as HP variants.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I would have made a timecop [chat] and it would have been amazing.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

That was on broadcast TV the other day. Lovin' the coked out Van Damme.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    the 'fuck' getting cut off is perfect

• Options

Haha that makes me think of an exchange I had at the pub

Waiter : Is your name Jean or Jacques? I forgot
    Me : It's Jean
    Waiter : Like Jean Claude Van Damme! I shall call you Van Damme from now on
    Me : *laugh* If you wish!

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc6k44k7qG1ralggio1_500.gif

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I am tired

poo
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jean wrote: »

Should have been more like,
    Me : *round-house kick waiter; do splits* That's MR. Van Damme to you.

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Eegh.....I step outside my apartment building after 10P.M. and I hear random screams and people yelling at each other. I think I will just stay inside now. :(

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Eegh.....I step outside my apartment building after 10P.M. and I hear random screams and people yelling at each other. I think I will just stay inside now. :(

It's friday. they're drunk. it's a thing.

• Options
    Also, don't go out there.

They're drunk.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Good point. I live close enough to a dive bar though that occasionally the drunkenness spills over into actual assaults. It's a nice part of town in general, but then sometimes scary drunks start popping out...

And yeah, I just read a story a few months ago of someone from said dive bar assaulting random people. It is just usually later at night. But eh, I am in now. My evil cat will now be on guard duty.

Neco on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Confession: I like the Enterprise theme song

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    It's nice and quiet in college town land.

I blame the rain and finals next week.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

where do you live?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Jean wrote: »

Should have been more like,
    Me : *round-house kick waiter; do splits* That's MR. Van Damme to you.

:lol: I'm not cocky enough to pull that off, sadly ;)

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    wandering wrote: »
    Confession: I like the Enterprise theme song

it has kind of grown on me while the show has not

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Yuppie West Seattle. Generally nice, but one creepy bar a block away. Very nice and peaceful neighborhood outside of late night weekends, but then there are Fridays...

And just to be clear, I've lived in FAR shadier areas than this, but damnit, I wanna complain!!!:P

Neco on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    go grizz

go grizz

go

go

go grizz

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So, sports bras.

I think they have some demonic power because such a small thing should not be so goddamned impossible to manage/get on/get off. Also wearing them feels like being in power armor for some reason, what with the really strange sort of restricted movement but not really.

If you thought this post had too much information, be glad I am not Cass.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cinders wrote: »
    It's nice and quiet in college town land.

I blame the rain and finals next week.

My university had a time every night during finals week where people would scream for about three minutes.

It was something, after a day of near desertion when everyone was studying.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Yuppie West Seattle. Generally nice, but one creepy bar a block away. Very nice and peaceful neighborhood outside of late night weekends, but then there are Fridays...

And just to be clear, I've lived in FAR shadier areas than this, but damnit, I wanna complain!!!:P

i don't know seattle neighborhoods at all. it's like 10 pm on a friday night where you live. shouldn't you be out or something?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    oh hey i remember when I posted this video last night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Okay so this guy was singing via makeshift karaoke or something at Crif Dogs tonight

It was truly magical http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Prowly

poo
  • Options
    Yes, I SHOULD be out actually. I did my partying earlier this week though at concerts and such. Tonight is my lazy night. Tomorrow I go back to being social again.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So, sports bras.

I think they have some demonic power because such a small thing should not be so goddamned impossible to manage/get on/get off. Also wearing them feels like being in power armor for some reason, what with the really strange sort of restricted movement but not really.

So what your saying is a sports bra is your Black Carapace?

• Options

That's how it is in big towns. You're one block away from the shadiest of shady bars but you're 3 also blocks away from AWESOME bars.

I've learnt the hard way to avoid the ''pub'' closest to my place.

• Options
    He did everything from Kung Fu Fighting to Mr Bright Eyes

poo
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Brought my SNES to work because there is fuck all to do here today and I am the only one here. Getting paid by U.S. tax dollars to play Plok! aww yeaaaahhhhhhhh.

• Options
    Brought my SNES to work because there is fuck all to do here today and I am the only one here. Getting paid by U.S. tax dollars to play Plok! aww yeaaaahhhhhhhh.

Lovin' the fact that you have an SNES.

• Options

Plok! is such an underrated game

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So, sports bras.

So what your saying is a sports bra is your Black Carapace?

Except I can take it off, thankfully :P

But god it's so weird wearing something so restrictive under a bunch of loose clothing.

Oh well. It's certainly interesting!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    hey @jacobkosh when you're avail we can neverwinter a bit

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also this is a tight track from Tekken Tag 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj1XRs2y0Uo

bloodyroarxx on
This discussion has been closed.