As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On!] Armored Core 4 - REGULATION 1.40X IS OUT - MINIGUNS ARE FAST AGAIN

124»

• Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would absolutely still play Chromehounds except for the pilemech fuckage. I think there should have been a ranked 6v6 with a class limit, say 1 or 2 of each class max.

It was clearly intended to play the game this way, and it's a beautiful thing when a diverse team matchup plays out like Mech Chess. But in the end it was all just 6 pilemech fuckage through and through. And usually by a team of Japanese guys, oddly enough.

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Goddamn broken 360. :(

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Watching some videos of AC4 makes me wonder, how the hell did it fare so poorly in reviews? It's like each match is a goddamn awesome episode of Mobile Suit Gundam, especially compared to the old AC's.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    American reviewers are biased against mech games and are even MORE biased against the Armored Core series. They never gave the game a chance and passed it off as yet another AC game.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    MaterlyMaterly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I found some matches last night online and my ass is still bleeding from the beatdowns I received :(

Machine guns work fine on AI mechs, not so much vs. human opponents.

Materly on
    When life gives you lemons, you squeeze the lemon juice into your enemies eyes and steal his apples - Runoir

materly.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Figures as much. I was going to load up my Max-PA rig with a grenade launcher if possible, but unfortunately my 360 died. :(

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Resident0Resident0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just picked this up in the UK today, so uh... Hard much???

I keep getting wiped the fuck out on the long range weaponry clearout mission... one hit and POP im dead!

And buying new kit is stupid the prices are like 360000 for a gun tis fun tho!

Resident0 on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have a very ADD-affected friend who owns this game. I went over to his dorm one day, and inevitably, I asked to make an AC (he had already beat the game on normal.)

"Ok, I'm getting Machine guns."

"No, don't. They suck. Get lasers instead."

"Hm. Ok, then! Missle time!

"No, those suck too. Get lasers. "

"er... well, HOLY SHIT THEY HAVE RAILGUNS.

"No, dude, those also suck."

"..."

"...lasers."

"Ok then. uh.. lasers. woo."

(After 5 minutes in the field)

"These...these lasers have a horrendous rate of fire and while cool, don't fit the sort of mech I'm building. I need the energy to , you'know, dodge and stuff. I'm buying assault rifles."

"NO GODDAMNIT THOSE SUCK."

Recently he unlocked shoulder weapons that let you fire 6 lasers at once, at the expense of nearly half your energy. It was amusing to watch him try to unload them into a target, only to run out of energy mid-flight and drop like a rock.
    it's still a fucking sweet weapon, though.

oh see dee

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Is it just me or is single player campaign damn near impossible?
    Im fighting the tank Enemy Next on the Up In Flames mission and none of my weaponry seems to even dent it?

Suggestions?

Resident0 on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Resident0 wrote: »
    Im fighting the tank Enemy Next on the Up In Flames mission and none of my weaponry seems to even dent it?

Suggestions?

Grenade launchers have a tendency to bring the pain to tank type Cores on normal, in my experience. Unless there's something unique about that guy that I can't remember.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Suggestions?

Grenade launchers have a tendency to bring the pain to tank type Cores on normal, in my experience. Unless there's something unique about that guy that I can't remember.

Nope... Battered every drip of ammo i had into him and he was still flying about like a god on tank wheels.

Grenade launchers FTL!

Resident0 on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Suggestions?

Nope... Battered every drip of ammo i had into him and he was still flying about like a god on tank wheels.

Grenade launchers FTL!

Are you playing on hard?

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Suggestions?

Grenade launchers FTL!

Are you playing on hard?

No i did the mission now, just needed a lighter mech that could stay away from the bitch, i just got an S rank on the submarine ice mission too, woot!

Resident0 on
    sig.gif