As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Beer Exchange - FAQ updated - Beer list now up, sign up your beers!

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Is anybody interested in any half growlers? There's a lot of great beers around Seattle that are only available on tap. I'll send over a half growler or two of my local favorites (with @TeaganJ) from tiny, tiny breweries you've never ever heard of if anybody wants 'em.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    Just included my submissions for the exchange in the doc. Hope you guys like it.

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Wow looks like I may have to pick up a few more bottles to trade!
    So many good ones coming!

Dibs on the Elysian Bifrost! Love that beer!

@LexiconGrrl sure I'd be interested in some half growlers.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Actually speaking of Elysium, does anyone know if their Capitol Hill pub also has a beer store?
    I'd be interested in picking up some of their tasty night owl pumpkin ale.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    nealblindnealblind Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    yes at the elysian capitol hill pub they have a cooler full of bombers

nealblind on
  • Options
    So right now I have 11 people signed up for the exchange...
    Anyone else?
    Remember, if you don't sign up, you won't get the address!

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    I'm not going, I'm sending my beers remotely with TeganJ

• Options
    I'm not going, I'm sending my beers remotely with TeganJ

Yep, noted. :-)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    GeronimoJacksonGeronimoJackson Registered User regular
    Updated the list with my selections. I will add a few more when I confirm my mates' offerings.

6 Days!!

• Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I am pleased to report that all of my supplies survived flight and cbp.

• Options
    sobe253sobe253 Registered User regular
    I'm excited to try out new beers from different regions soon!

• Options
    Ok, I'm going to send out the address via PM on Tuesday so if you still haven't signed up on the Google doc, do so before then. I'll be going off that for PMs.
    Cheers

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Excellent news Magnus! We can discuss more at the event, but which do you prefer between the Smuggler's Ale and the 1913 Stout?

• Options
    spamwisespamwise Registered User regular
    When is this happening? (The FAQ has the where, but not the when!)

• Options
    Thursday Aug 29th, 4:30 PM - ???

• Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Personslly prefer the smugglers, but I think that may be a question of taste.

• Options
    Coop374Coop374 Registered User new member
    Saw this and it forced me to make an account.

I'm up for this but is it cool to put beer in checked luggage going on a plane?

If so I will be bringing up from Pliney the Elder from Russian River and some stuff from LaGunitas Brewery

• Options
    Coop374 wrote: »
    I'm up for this but is it cool to put beer in checked luggage going on a plane?

I fly with beer all the time. Here's the best way to do it:

1. Tape the lid/cap of the beer down really really well with duct tape. Over and around.
    2. Pack the bottle(s) in a larger box that's filled with padding, as if you were going to mail it.
    3. If you're unsure about your taping job, also seal the box into a plastic bag.
    4. Pack the box in your bag with soft packing (like clothes) all the way around all six sides of the box.

I've even brought growlers back from Alaska like this. Works like a charm.

• Options
    BermardAKABBermardAKAB Registered User regular
    Coming out from southern California and would love to participate. If you have any request I will bring them.
    I will be flying into PDX Wednesday at 4 and driving up to the event. Just give me a address and I will bring a couple of Rares from some local breweries.( Hangar 24, the bruery) and possibly a 12 pack of Goodness.

This post is brought to you by the letter 9
  • Options
    Nice! I have added one more and my other roomie will be bringing a couple different Ciders from 2 Towns Cider in Corvallis Oregon. If it happens to be raining when this goes down it looks like there is a small covered area on the rooftop patio. Worst comes to worst we can always occupy the condo itself.

Cheers!

• Options
    spamwisespamwise Registered User regular
    Curses -- I'd be able to bring huge amounts of beer since I'm taking the train up, but we don't get in until late Thurs night. I'll need to drink double at the HPL pub crawl to make up for it.

• Options
    I'm in. Bringing 3 bombers. Will add them to the list. Sadly I was unable to get any Pliney the Elder to bring :( Sorry all. Next year :)

• Options
    We went out to Kitsap today. I'm contributing 2 growlers of Valholl beer: Crimson Cove Smoked Cherry Rye & Sasquatch Cascade Dark Ale.

• Options
    DDay629DDay629 Registered User new member
    Updated my Beer selection due to availability! Still bringing my 6 pack of Red Racer IPA cause it's probably my favorite beer anywhere but I'm also bringing a great IPA from Driftwood Brewery in Victoria. Hope to see you all there!

• Options
    Excellent! My buddy has updated the list with his Ciders. This selection for exchange is looking pretty solid at this point. If anybody needs a reminder of the address tomorrow I should be able to monitor this space whilst traveling, so PM me and we'll get it sorted.

• Options
    Still bringing the 6 pack of yuengling and yards brawler I'll be able to tell you if they survived the trip in a couple of hours.

• Options
    nekomatanekomata Registered User new member
    Has the address been PM'd yet? I'm super excited this is happening!

• Options
    I don't know.. I was assuming/hoping Serenity would take care of that because I am lazy and wanted providing the spot and some beers to be the extent of the work I had to do.......

• Options
    seemyerseemyer Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    First post and late to the party! Will this be strictly trading, or is anyone planning to stick around and share their spoils?

Some of those Epic and Bruery selections look mighty tasty!

EDIT: Added my beers to the list. Hopefully, it's not too late to get the address and join the fun.

seemyer on
  • Options
    I'm pleased to report that I have arrived in Seattle with my beers intact.

• Options
    Hey guys didn't have time to PM the address out before I left for Seattle.
    At the hotel now so going to send it out momentarily.

Cheers
    Looks like we have a good crowd coming to this thing now!

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Ok message sent out...
    Couldn't find 1 forumer who has signed up on the form though.
    BernardAKAB, maybe post here so I can get your forum name properly and send you the address.

@GeronimoJackson I will try and show up a bit early to figure things out for meeting people at the entrance.

For all of you coming for this thing, we'll make sure someone is in the main entrance greeting people.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Serenity wrote: »
    Ok message sent out...
    Couldn't find 1 forumer who has signed up on the form though.
    BernardAKAB, maybe post here so I can get your forum name properly and send you the address.

He's coming to the SchlitzKrieg today. Also, he's in the Forum under berMardakab -with an 'm'.

• Options
    ok thanks!

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Really I spelled my name wrong?... Guess who is the drunk! This guy! Also I only brought the bruery beers and a creme bruele stout from southern tier! Who is down to enjoy these beers tonight?

• Options
    right on Serenity. We will be arriving right around 4:00. Feel free to get there whenever.

• Options
    also, anyone should feel free to hang out and have a few drinks if they want to. we will be there until we need food....

• Options
    our bus is ruining a little late, but we will be there! One of my roommates is waiting outside the place, so just sit tight and we will be there 4:30ish....

• Options
    Hey everyone I am going to be very late. I just got back to Kirkland to pick up the beer. Is it ok to still come( text me at 9517643220)

• Options
    Great meeting you all and ill be enjoying the spoils over the next couple nights. I'll post pics later.

We need to do this again next year. :)

*the guy in the Colorado Hoodie and SF Giants hat*