As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus | Steam Sale | Tremendous Video Game | Fuck Nazis

• Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    Starbreeze Fanboy Opinion: That trailer is HYPE HYPE HYPE. Raspy tough guy characters are cool when done right and not totally embarrassing like so many are. That VA strikes just the right tone like all of Starbreeze stuff.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    The one indisputably good thing Brink had going for it was the character customization. Dressing up your dude was amazing, especially since the art style made them look like action figures.

Everything else...

Agggh.

Going by this, Brink sounds like a dudes-only version of APB: Reloaded.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    Can we go without fucking troll thread titles?

You say this like "Dumb alternate history Nazi shit" is a negative thing.
    Exactly. It's not like I want Wolfenstein to be BioShock Infinite all of a sudden. Just give me moon Nazis to shoot. But whatever, I've changed the title.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    The one indisputably good thing Brink had going for it was the character customization. Dressing up your dude was amazing, especially since the art style made them look like action figures.

Everything else...

Agggh.

Going by this, Brink sounds like a dudes-only version of APB: Reloaded.

The SMART system was pretty great too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    Can we go without fucking troll thread titles?

You say this like "Dumb alternate history Nazi shit" is a negative thing.
    Exactly. It's not like I want Wolfenstein to be BioShock Infinite all of a sudden. Just give me moon Nazis to shoot. But whatever, I've changed the title.

See, if that's your intention then that's fine. "Dumb" sounds too negative. Kinda apathetic in a "does anyone really want this game?" way.

I would suggest awesome, but "awesome Nazi alternative history" just sounds...well do I really have to spell that out?

• Options
    Jay FoxfireJay Foxfire Registered User regular
    The thing that caught my attention is the big dome on the Capitol building. The history channel had a show talking about it. Apparently the dome is

Mailman12089.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    that trailer is super good. nazi beatles!

hopefully the game is any good too. hard to tell much at this point.

• Options
    The thing that caught my attention is the big dome on the Capitol building. The history channel had a show talking about it. Apparently the dome is
    FUCK THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I hope it plays it straight with the silly concept. Like I really dug Blood Dragon's vibe in general but watching a friend play it I just wish it wasn't so smugly aware about how dumb it is.

Dumb silly concepts to me gain a lot from the actual piece not ever admitting how stupid it really is.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I've heard that complaint a lot about Blood Dragon. The thing is, playing it too straight can ruin this kind of game too. It's very hard to strike that balance. RtCW did it pretty well though, so here's hoping.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    oh, brink

you could have been amazing. you could have been the one. :(

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Did someone say alternate history Nazi shit?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzJtiM4dvg

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Look at all those goddamn teeth!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Look at all those goddamn teeth!

And then there's Alucard...

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Jay FoxfireJay Foxfire Registered User regular
    snip
    The dome was designed to be so large that clouds would form inside it. It was supposed to be built in Berlin. Hitler had a kind of obsession with having plans for building big things: giant stadiums, giant tanks, giant cannons, etc. Most of them never got past the planning stage. The spot that was going to be the stadium was filled in to make a man made lake.

Mailman12089.jpg
  • Options
    That's awesome. I heard Hitler also wanted people to build buildings that would have beautiful ruins because he imagined that hundreds/thousands of years in the future the Nazi empire would be like the Roman empire and he wanted awesome ruins to be around as a testament to how cool Nazis are.

• Options
    That's awesome. I heard Hitler also wanted people to build buildings that would have beautiful ruins because he imagined that hundreds/thousands of years in the future the Nazi empire would be like the Roman empire and he wanted awesome ruins to be around as a testament to how cool Nazis are.

There was a plan to rebuild Berlin, since Hitler was not that fond of the old city.

• Options
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I want overly interested in the game but damn that OP sold me on it hard! I vote @TychoCelchuuu create all threads from here on.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Hmmm. . . I dunno. . . it looks like they're still trying to me more like Rage than Wolfenstein, which isn't a good thing because even though Rage's gun mechanics were pretty spot-on, it doesn't mesh well with Wolfenstein's general frantic action. Too much focus on the engine and settings, not enough on the real action starring B.J. "Death on Two Feet" Blazskowicz.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Just about to start writing up my preview, but I got to play an hour of this at a blosed-doors thing at Gamescom, so if you have any questions let me know. My game time started about 45 minutes into the campaign

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    Just about to start writing up my preview, but I got to play an hour of this at a blosed-doors thing at Gamescom, so if you have any questions let me know. My game time started about 45 minutes into the campaign

Well, I guess the most important question is, was it fun? And aside from that, in the short time you played, did it seem to capture the "feel" of Wolfenstein? To me, I use RtCW as a standard for that since it did a great job in that respect. Also, any multiplayer rumblings?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    It was fantastic, really surprised me with how good it was. My memories of RCW are hazy but the aesthetic was definitely there as was the gun-ho nature coupled with a surprisingly powerful script. Really cared about the characters from early on. I had a blast with the game and was sad to have the demo end, but sadly no there was nothing about multiplayer, they were keeping tight lipped about it (something Bethesda seem to be really good at)

Edit: The preview is up at my site

TPSou on
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Awesome. I had not seen this thread before, and I was just thinking yesterday that there had not been a new Wolfenstein game in a while.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I am necroposting the hell out of this thread cause they just released a new trailer and

I think

it looks pretty good you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hqtc7sKHkXc

Also, coming with Doom 4 beta access

but who cares about that cause it's probably never coming out and this trailer looks awesome

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    mmmm

smells like Wolfenstein

can't wait!

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I am necroposting the hell out of this thread cause they just released a new trailer and

I think

it looks pretty good you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hqtc7sKHkXc

Also, coming with Doom 4 beta access

but who cares about that cause it's probably never coming out and this trailer looks awesome

Wow. That's more Nazi exploitation pulp fiction than I was prepared for.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ok, yeah. You have my attention, Wolfenstein.

Nazi scum!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Alright that is definitely a striking trailer.

• Options
    That looks fantastic.

Provided the gameplay is half good it could turn out to be this years Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I really wish they would bring back the team behind enemy territory to make multiplayer. Maybe just Wolfenstien's old formula remade?

Just make the damn multiplayer!

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    I really wish they would bring back the team behind enemy territory to make multiplayer. Maybe just Wolfenstien's old formula remade?

Well, I mean, that's the same company that made Brink, so...

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Humour, the slap, and also nazis being straight up evil and brutal instead of supernatural evil. All my Christmases have come at once!

Also I dig the name of just "doom" but it's gonna be a bitch to google

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Roe wrote: »

Well, I mean, that's the same company that made Brink, so...

You know, mucking around for a bit on the latest patch. Brink's not completely terrible and has some nice ideas (though oh my god there's got to be an award for having every single one of the guns in your game feel shit to shoot).

I think I'm willing to give Splash Damage another go if they ever get freed from that F2P generic looking shooter they're currently working on.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Fucking Doom beta fuck yes

• Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    Wolfenstein 3D is the first game I played for PC and I only tampered with the Xbox Wolfenstein with a friend since then. I'm not a big FPS guy anymore but this looks pretty solid thematically.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    This... this has a rather... Iron Sky: The Game feel to it. Nazi exploitation at its best! Blazkowicz is channeling Aldo Raine a bit hard there in that last sequence.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Whaaa? This doesn't actually look like phoned in garbage. This actually looks like a lot of fun with the Wolfenstein setting. :)
    Prohass wrote: »
    Humour, the slap, and also nazis being straight up evil and brutal instead of supernatural evil. All my Christmases have come at once!

Also I dig the name of just "doom" but it's gonna be a bitch to google

Yes, but Hellboy and Hellsing have some of the best evil Nazis around. Hellsing's Nazis unleash a Waffen SS army of 1,000 vampires on London, and battle a bullet proof Catholic Priest with exploding bayonets, Van Helsing's female descendant and Count Dracula. Hellboy Nazi's team up with space cosmic horrors, Rasputin and cyborg gorillas.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The Doom beta worries me. Usually they bundle betas with games they fear won't do well on their own (Crackdown, MoH)

• Options
    Eh, it usually doesn't mean much for the games quality. Just that they aren't confident about it.

I mean, Crackdown as freaking awesome for example.