As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus | Steam Sale | Tremendous Video Game | Fuck Nazis

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Spent three hours on the prologue and the first chapter last night. No need to rush through it. People are saying 4-5 hours to complete but are they selecting an easy difficulty and just rushing through it?

Somehow I missed two of the 8 gold bars in chapter one. Not sure how that is possible given how hard I searched every room but they are pretty well hidden evidently.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Kamphpistol. Where were you in TNO, you sexy destructive force of nature?
    It's a pistol that's a rocket launcher.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Sooo.... region locking is a thing. I downloaded this game yesterday in the UK. Today I'm in Germany on business travel but looking to get some game time in, but noo... my key unlocked in a certain region and this isn't it.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh man, the Kamphpistol. Where were you in TNO, you sexy destructive force of nature?
    It's a pistol that's a rocket launcher.

That bolt action rifle is amazing. Outclasses the AR Marksman from TNO in everyway.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Just finished this on Uber, couldn't help but laugh towards the end at everything poor BJ has to go through just get a damn folder.
    It's supposed to be a regular intelligence mission, but of course the Nazis that have it are in the middle of undead horde causing paranormal meddling.

Ending links up really well with The New Order ... reinstalling now!

I wonder if they will do a full sequel, or what else we might see next from MachineGames.

wilting on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Isn't Machine Games making Doom?

• Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    this has me pumped for doom. i think im about halfway through only complaint is that the weapon variety is a little stale.

• Options
    Yeah there really is a lack of cool weapons to play with. TOB feels better, but it still not as diverse as I'd like it to be.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Macinegames has nothing to do with DOOM. It's being made by id.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So you guys who have played it, is it worth $20 (or $15 if that special still works)?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    So you guys who have played it, is it worth $20 (or $15 if that special still works)?

I hit the halfway point last night, and I'd say yes (keep in my The New Order was one of my favorite games last year). Shooting Nazis is still fun, and they introduce a few new weapons. There aren't as many character moments so far, but the ones that are there are still great. The art direction is also really great.

Igpx407 on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I loved TNO as well. I may have to pick this up.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    I got about five hours out of the campaign, which is what some sixty dollar games are charging at this point.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I got about five hours out of the campaign, which is what some sixty dollar games are charging at this point.

I got 10 hours out of TNO so by that benchmark TOB is better value for the money...

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Hours played is no way to determine value or quality.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    True. I'm just saying, for a game that's fifteen to twenty bucks that's pretty solid.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    TOB reminds me that I *really* want a goddamn Enemy Territory 2 using this engine and visual style and weapons.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    The Old Blood is so good. I think, for my money, Machinehead is the only FPS studio that's made FPS stealth actually feel good for me. The first stealth bit in The Old Blood feels so good and yet is so nerve-racking.

Also, there is a literal grammar nazi in the game.

This fucking game...

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Ahhh I didn't get that joke.

I laughted way to hard at
    BJ placing all his guns in the chest. Subtle, but hilarious.

Also I didn't realize that I had to make a choice in Chapter 6. Somehow I made the choice I would of made otherwise.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Also I didn't realize that I had to make a choice in Chapter 6. Somehow I made the choice I would of made otherwise.

I don't get it. Why was that funny? Must have totally gone over my head.

Viskod on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

I don't get it. Why was that funny? Must have totally gone over my head.

The Nazi or the chest?
    The Nazi is a grammar Nazi joke. The chest is just a minor gag of how long it goes. BJ Blazkowicz has a lot of guns.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Finally playing this after it spent all of yesterday installing. First level:
    "I thought we would be looking for something real, like the Holy Grail." "Unbelievable." Fucking incredible reference.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Beat the game on Uber difficulty. If anyone has questions let me know.

• Options
    That
    Rudi Jager boss fight
    was some bullshit

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I'm replaying the new order for the third time but god damn this game scratches a wide variety of fps itches

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    That
    Rudi Jager boss fight
    was some bullshit

What difficulty? Wasn't so bad on Bring 'Em On.
    The trick is unloading a couple of shotgun shells into the coils, ripping off the armor, and repeating until the final stage, when you get to cover and just hose him down with lead.

Shotguns are good times.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So there's a recurring secret in this game
    Every level has a nightmare bed. 8 levels + the prologue = 9 nightmare levels; it's the entire first episode of Wolfenstein! (The secret level is just a second part of the first since that's where the secret exit is.)

If you collect every silver in a nightmare level, you unlock a hidden character profile; for those of you who are super obsessive about unlocks. :biggrin:

EDIT: Also, this game has probably my favorite perk out of both games.
    If you kill 200 people with the heavy machine; you can carry it around like a normal gun. So you don't have to drop it when you go through doors or ladders, and you can save it for big fights. Made getting past all those super soldiers in the first level an utter breeze.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Man, that's the exact sort of secret I was hoping for for the original game. I kept going back to sleep to see if it progressed, but nope, it was just a one-off they snuck into the game.

• Options
    I'm actually having more fun the second time through. I wonder if it's ebcause I have all the perks now?

Anywho, I wonder if they'll announce anything new from Machinegames at the Bethesda event during E3. Probably not since it's only been a year and they were busy with Old Blood.

• Options
    Sounds like the voice actor for Anya may have revealed she's doing work for a new Wolfenstein game.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-23-the-voice-of-the-new-orders-anya-strongly-suggests-a-new-wolfenstein-is-in-the-works

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Anya was great.

God, those characters in Wolfenstein: TNO were so great.

• Options
    But they killed the two best!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I fully expect the next game to start with BJ walking out of the smoldering rubble of Deathshead's compound.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    He's totally going to start off as a vegetable in a mental hospital.

• Options
    I want him to be a cyborg robot and there's another 10-20 year timeskip

• Options
    Have all the Nazi's been slain? Y/N

If the answer is N, BJ still has a job to do and can't rest yet.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I was thinking about this.
    Sure, B.J. could handle a grenade to the chest since he's pretty good at that sort of thing, but wasn't the whole attack based on using the sub's nuclear arsenal? I mean, I'm as big a fan as the next, but I don't think anyone can shrug off a radiation-tipped ICBM.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The post-credits audio at least implies that they come back for whatever's left of him :P

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Or
    Maybe a future sequel has B.J.'s kid in the starring role? Because B.J. and Anya seemed to be going at it pretty vigorously and often, even though I doubt there was a whole lot in the way of prophylactics.

Regardless, there's definitely room for a sequel. Like, the head has definitely been cut off the Nazi military, but that doesn't save the planet.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I was thinking about this.
    Sure, B.J. could handle a grenade to the chest since he's pretty good at that sort of thing, but wasn't the whole attack based on using the sub's nuclear arsenal? I mean, I'm as big a fan as the next, but I don't think anyone can shrug off a radiation-tipped ICBM.
    Dude was stabbed a million times over the course of the game (I guess you could say he was shot alot too...), survived shrapnel to the noggin, pretty much instantly overcame atrophy(and didn't lose any muscle mass while he was vegged out), took a few moments out of a mission to remove a large chunk of skin from his arm because "fuck yo natzee tattoo", and willed himself to not die from a powerful neurotoxin. I will be disappointed if the next game doesn't start with him dusting his shoulders off and stumbling out of the rubble.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.