As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Buffy/Angel Roleplaying Game] Save the Last Slayer

CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes RuleCapital WastelandRegistered User regular
edited May 2013 in Critical Failures
How the hell did Buffy, mediocre student suspected of vandalism, arson, and worse get into Sunnydale High? Despite its unfortunate proximity to a Hellmouth, Sunnydale High was a pretty good school. So, what if our not-Buffy didn't get to go to a upper crust high school, and after she burned down her gym or whatever she did to get kicked to the curb, the only school that would take her was school for at-risk youth in the inner city. So now we have a Buffy-esque series where all the monsters are metaphors for racism, inner city life, poverty, and big bad voodoo daddies.

...Ok, that last one is less "metaphor" and more "I think this would be pretty cool." And he can represent gangs or something. Anyway, it would be a crime to call this game anything other than "Save the Last Slayer."

Expectations

I'd like over half the players to be students at the school.
If no one wants to be a Slayer, I'll make her a GMPC, but I'd much prefer her be a player. I'd prefer the Slayer to pretty white bread, since that's kind of the point of the game.
On the same note, "Into every generation, a slayer is born." Well, more like two slayers. Or a small army of them. Anyway, the series got flexible with the whole one slayer ever, and I'm willing to be just about as flexible. I think I'm going to draw the line at ""Everyone in the party is the Chosen One" though. That would just be silly.
Also, as far as the Watcher is concerned, I'd be much more comfortable making a Watcher an NPC, but feel free to jump in there if you want.
The game would be a combination of PBP and IRC. I'll be hanging out here if you wanna bounce ideas around.
Demons, half-demons, and various non-humans are fine as long as they can reasonably pass casual glances.

Keep in mind, these are all guidelines. If you all come up with something really impressive, I'll be more than willing to change things up.

Character Creation
We're going to be using the Angel Investigators/Champions instead of the Buffy White Hats/Heroes.

If you don't have the Angel book:

Champions
Attribute Points: 20
Quality Points: 20
Drawback Points: up to 10
Skill Points: 30
Drama Points: 10

Investigator
Attribute Points: 15
Quality Points: 10
Drawback Points: up to 10
Skill Points: 25
Drama Points: 20

What can I say? The streets are a tough place to be.

If the above is gibberish, I'll be hanging out in the IRC channel and be more than happy to talk you through character creation.

Drama Points and You
Spend a Drama Point to:
Perform a Heroic Feat: +10 on any attack, skill, check, or damage.
Think You're OK: Regain half the damage you've lost up to that point.
Declare a Plot Twist: Once per episode, each character can spend a Drama Point and get a “break.” Suggest something that would help out the characters right then, and if I think it's fun, I'll let it happen.
Righteous Fury: Spend 2 drama points to get a +5 to attacks and damage. Something truely rage inducing needs to have occurred, though.
Back from the Dead: Give the Grim Reaper the Laugh.
The sooner the character is back from the dead, the more Drama Points it costs. Coming back after the current big arc is over costs one Drama Point (that means the player is going to need a new Cast Member until then). Returning for the next Episode costs five Drama Points. Bypassing death in the same Episode as one’s demise costs 10 Drama
Points.

Earning Drama Points
Quotable Quotes: As a Supremely Impartial Judge, I shall doll these out if I think something someone said was particularly funny/memorable.
Heroic Action: At supreme risk to ones own life and limb, one of the cast members saves the day. While not going to happen every episode, if we stay true enough to the series, expect this to happen frequently.
When Good Things Happen to Bad People: Sometimes, I think the game might be more interesting if something comes along and, for lack of a better word, hoses the lot of you. If that happens, I'll bribe you with some Plot Points to make it sting a little less. Think of this as the evil version of Declare a Plot Twist.
The Agony That is Life: If heroes were well adjusted individuals with no problems, things that go bump in the night would find themselves. Alas, such is not the case. When a character's subplot really starts to eat at them, Plot Points may rain down from the heavens.
Support Your Local Hero (Investigator Only): If an Investigator lends a hand to one of the other heroes (especially one that is suffering from The Agony That Is Life), their generosity will be rewarded with the feeling that you've done a good thing for a friend. And Plot Points.

Capfalcon on

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Ok, what IRC channel is this? And give me time to find my copy.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Does the link not work?

Either way, I'm hanging out here.

I am about to walk out the door though, so..

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    "Howard" is an extraplanar demon, sent here to observe and study the Slayer phenomenon. The covert approach was largely discarded in planning this mission, as close contact would be necessary to glean some information, and Slayers are not known for being unaware of anyone around them. Howard is instructed to make contact with the Slayer, and divulge more information once a bond has been formed. Keeping the entire operation a secret would be preferable, but just as with the covert physical approach being nonviable, the Slayer would eventually discover it on her own, likely before sufficient data has been gathered.

Still working on his cover story, and stats.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I think I am in, but I need to check out the rules first.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    "Into each generation a Slayer is born?" Who cares? Gisborn de Salle knows the rules, knows the plays, and knows the moves. Just because he doesn't have Slayer blood doesn't mean he can't fight the good fight. You don't need Slayer blood to fight the Infernal, but a bit of the old magic helps. After being trained in rudimentary magic by his clan, he has been given the responsibility of protecting a small section of the city, so that his own clan can easily supervise and train him further, and he isn't going to give up his future because someone thinks that punching a demon in the face works better than blowing it up. So he attends to this school of children who think they're dangerous because they carry a penknife around,secure in the knowledge that his grades are inconsequential. His future is to protect not just the honorable and the good, but these who are losing their own good fight, who face their own personal demons. He knows that he will do the same, every day. The only difference is that his demons will burn him from the outside in.

So Cap gave me a Char sheet, and I tinkered a little. If I fucked up the Math somewhere, Let me know

Gisborn de Salle
    Attributes (15)
    Strength 1
    Dexterity 2
    Constitution 2
    Intelligence 3
    Perception 4
    Willpower 3

Qualities (10 + 7 from Drawbacks)
    Contacts +1 (1)
    Good Luck 1 (1)
    Sorcery 3 (15)

Drawbacks (7)
    Adversary (Vampires & Demons) (3)
    Honorable (Serious) (2)
    Misfit (2)

Skills (25)
    Acrobatics 3
    Art 0
    Computers 1
    Crime 0
    Doctor 1
    Driving 1
    Getting Medieval 2
    Gun Fu 1
    Influence 0
    Knowledge 3
    Kung Fu 0
    Languages 2
    Mr. Fix-It 3
    Notice 3
    Occultism 5
    Science 0
    Sports 0
    Wild Card 0

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Could I change the Initiative Commando package a bit, to suit the character better? Planning to add a point of Obligation and probably a rank or two of Honorable.

• Options
  • Options
    Rakk Demon: 2 point quality
    [
    vulnerability 5 (limestone, concrete)
    Dual Shape 0
    Adversary/Secret 4 (demon-hunters)
    Impaired Taste and Smell 2

+3 Str, Con, Dex|+2 Will 11
    Hard To Kill 2
    ]

Slayer Division Agent 2 point quality
    [
    Initiative Commando: 4 (+1 twice to [Str/Dex]/Con, +3 Hard To Kill, Sit Awareness)

Rank 0
    Honorable 2 -2
    ]

Resources 2
    Attractive 1 (+3 human, -2 demon)

Emotional Problems 1: The assignment is for life, and Fowler is expected to die with the slayer. Naturally, this can be hard to handle sometimes.
    Asexual 1
    Love 2
    Covetous (to be an authority on the Slayer, and treated with respect on matters related to her, as opposed to simply being the agent on the ground) 1
    Teenager 2

7 Q 6 D

3 (7) STR
    4 (8) DEX
    1 (4) CON
    3 INT
    2 (4) WLL
    2 PER

Acrobatics 4
    Art 2
    Getting Medieval 4
    Kung Fu 5
    Notice 3
    Occultism 4
    Sports 3

Nbranna Dsich Flukh GRumm has been training in the National Extranormal Defense and Investigation Department since he was six; his parents were senior members of the Slayer division, devoted to studying the Earth phenomenon of one chosen girl with special powers. Like everyone in his dimension, at least as far as they know, he's a Rakk demon: tough, strong, agile, without much appreciation for a blooming flower or fine dinner. After ten years, he's been put on assignment, and his parents with him -- they'll provide a good cover should he make friends beside the Slayer who join in the task to defend against darkness.

Howard Fowler, as he's been called for the last six months and will continue to be likely for the rest of his life, looks a great deal like Chris Evans when he's in human form; if he's demoned out, so to speak, there's a rather strong resemblance to Darth Maul. He's looking forward to making contact with the Slayer and getting to work, although he still doesn't understand why they decided to go with a student rather than assign an adult to the project.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so aside from Combat Maneuvers, I think I have settled on stats.
    Jenna Olson

Life Points: 81
    Drama Points: 20

Strength: 6(3+3 Slayer)
    Dexterity: 6(3+3 Slayer)
    Constitution: 8(5+3 Slayer)
    Intelligence: 1
    Perception: 1
    Willpower: 4(2+2 Slayer)

Qualities:
    -Slayer(16 points)
    -Fast Reaction Time(+5 Initiative, +1 Willpower tests to resist fear)
    -Nerves of Steel(Immune to most fear, +4 bonus against any fear she isn't immune to)
    -Hard to Kill Rank 5(+15 Life Points, +5 bonus to Survival tests)
    -Adversary Drawback Rank 5(Vampires and Demons)
    -Obligation Drawback Rank 3(Slayer Duties)
    -Regenerate life at 1 point X Constitution per hour
    -Sense vampires within 100 feet(must spend five seconds/a turn and make a Perception roll)

-Attractiveness Rank 4

Drawbacks:
    -Bad Luck Rank 3
    -Tragic Love(4 points)
    -Teenager(2 points)
    -Addiction Rank 1(Smoking)

Skills:
    -Acrobatics: 6
    -Driving: 2
    -Getting Medieval: 2(1+1 Slayer)
    -Influence: 6
    -Kung Fu: 2(1+1 Slayer)
    -Sports: 1
    -Wild Card(Trendy): 4

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ROLL OPENING THEME!
    *dramatic music and wolf howl across moon shot*
    *JENNA THE VAMPIRE SLAYER*

*Cross in someone's hand while guitar revs up, hand clenches around it.*

*close-up of one of the vamps with game face on*

* (TEXT: Jenna Olson)
    Jenna using crossbow at something offscreen.
    Frightened Jenna screaming.
    Jenna falling asleep in class.
    Jenna in trendy clothes, laughing with old friends.
    Gymnastics Jenna, flipping over...something.

*Pool of blood spreading across the school floor...*

*(TEXT: Randal Pike)
    Randal picking a lock in a dark alley.
    Randal rocking out on stage.
    Randal tossing a glowing ember between his hands.
    Randal leaning back in a chair at the back of a class.
    Enraged Randal literally spitting sparks.

*Black cat with emerald eyes*

*(TEXT: Mark Lendon)
    Mark standing in front of class, looking authoritative.
    Mark using a computer, lights very low suggesting it is after hours.
    Mark drinking a beer, laughing.
    Mark swinging an axe at a demon and getting put through a wall.
    Mark writing complex diagrams on chalkboard.

*flash of beings chasing other beings in a graveyard*

*drumroll*

*Barbarian Queen swinging a sword around*

*(TEXT: Howard Fowler)
    Howard covertly looking across class at Jenna.
    Howard sitting with the crew, eating lunch.
    Howard switching to Demon form and kicking something through a wall.
    Howard running down a school corridor, chasing a shadow.
    Demon Howard poring over notes, writing something down

*Scary monster to be seen later in the season*

*(TEXT: Gisborn de Salle)
    Gisborn acting all intellectual in a class.
    Gisborn chanting and throwing an explosive spell.
    Gisborn running for his life from three vampires.
    Gisborn looking exasperated with Jenna.
    Gisborn swinging a 2x4 and connecting with a vampire skull.*

*Training sequence in the room with Jenna punching the living daylights out of stuff.

Group slow-motion walking down the hallways with a go-get-em feel.

Waist shot of Jenna intently looking off screen. Camera moves to normal height, revealing the others standing behind her.
    (TEXT: Directed by Capfalcon)

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Jenna Olson is the type of girl everyone either wants to be, or wants to be with. Friendly, personable, athletic, and impossibly gorgeous. She's the type of girl who would usually be at the top of the high school food chain.

You'd think that, but Jenna seems to have the reverse Midas Touch. Everything around her turns to crap.

Classmates go missing. Boyfriends tend to die. And the school gym kind of got incinerated when some crazy carnie firebreather in an ugly mascot costume just came after her for no reason! Right when she and the remaining members of her cheerleading squad were helping the team secure the trophy this year! Come on!

It's not Jenna's fault people she knows keep getting into fights and getting mortally wounded! It's not Jenna's fault the school has poor structural integrity! It's not Jenna's fault everyone else is completely insane! But the school board blames Jenna! Jerks!

So now poor Jenna has to move to a completely different town and start over at a completely different school and it sucks!

Unfortunately for Jenna she is the Chosen One. The Slayer. Every vampire, demon, and otherworldly creature out there has done everything they can to murder her to death. But she just. Won't. Die.

Oblivious to her calling, desperately trying to remain a fabulous normal teenage girl, Jenna has high hopes that things will be different this time!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    A 2x4? I object!

• Options
    Maybe it's a magic 2x4

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The sun is shining, and it's a beautiful day that should be spent outside. At least, should be spent somewhere other than P.S. 117.

Past the chain link fence stands the school proper. A few scraggly patches of grass have managed to hold a foothold in the otherwise dirt front yard. The dirty windows of the school show nothing of what's behind them. The main entrance leads to a large central hallway, with two corridors leading to classrooms on either side. Also in the main entrance, a large staircase leads up to the second floor. Students who got to school early are sitting on the stairs listening to Ipods or talking with friends. Behind the school and outside the fenced in yard is the gym. Windows on the gym have been boarded up, as replacing the broken panes was deemed to expensive as they'd just be broken overnight again.

First late bell rings, indicating 15 minutes before homeroom starts. Some students pick up their bags, but most of them still lounge around, passing some more time.
    Not sure if you guys wanted to do some intros for yourself on the first day, or just keep things moving.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Stupid new school. Having to learn all this stuff over again sucked.

Jenna aimlessly wandered down the hallways, desperately digging through her purse for the piece of paper she scribbled her homeroom number on, and not having much luck. As she fussed around with her stuff, she drew a lot of weird looks. A girl like her with her designer clothes and liberally-applied makeup and obsessively-styled hair wasn't the most common thing around these parts.

Finally, Jenna found she was looking for, buried somewhere in the depths of her bag. She smiles excitedly as she uncrumples the piece of paper.

And then she walks right into the wall. The hallway turned and she wasn't paying the least amount of attention to where she was going.

"Ow!"

She falls flat on her ass, the contents of her purse spilling out all over the floor.

"Damn it!"

She quickly gets on her hands and knees and hurriedly gathers up her stuff, accompanied by the chuckles of a few students passing by. Unfortunately, no football stud came to help the fair maiden in distress. Jenna whimpers at them with a mousy whisper.

"It's okay, you can help. I promise you won't end up burned or dead or something. Maybe..."

She shovels everything she has back into an unorganized mess in her purse and picks herself up. She glances down at the paper.

"Okay, now I know here I'm going..."

She looks around, realizing that she is completely lost.

"So how do I get there?"

• Options
    Howard's studied the floor plans of the school extensively, but that's not quite the same as actually being there, and in this part of town kids don't show up to school unless they have to. So to some extent, he is flying blind, but he figures If these guys can do it, so can I. An understandable sentiment; how well it works out remains to be seen.

Howard delays setting off to homeroom for another minute or two, ostensibly just sitting around enjoying the last little bit of leisure before classes. His real goal is to identify the slayer: not a likely task given the circumstances, but worth a shot. He heads in before long, and sees a girl in the hubbub gathering her stuff, along with two other girls eagerly comparing schedules, several guys in letter jackets beelining for what he thinks is the gym, and a security guard. He sighs slightly, and walks towards homeroom, coincidentally the same direction as Clutter-Lass.

"241," he mutters as he passes her, "next right, second left, second door on the right."

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey! Did that guy just help her out?

Hey! He was kinda cute...

Jenna scurries after him.

"Hey, thanks! Is that your homeroom too?"

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Howard looks back, startled, and his eyes widen slightly; the girl is much prettier than she'd seemed when she was huddled on the ground with her back to him.

"I, uh, yeah." He consults his map again, double-checking, and is jostled by another girl rushing by. "Seems like everyone knows their way around here but us, huh?"

• Options
    Jenna smiled and moved a little bit closer.

"Guess that means we should stay close, right?"

Jenna was not the most subtle person.

• Options
    Howard is taken pleasantly aback by her forwardness, Rakk girls not behaving like this and it being sufficiently uncommon with humans for him not to have been prepared for it.

"At least until we get there, sure. After that I have," he pulls his schedule out, "French, Biology, English, Gym, lunch, Civics, math, and a free period. You might have some of the same stuff, I guess."

• Options
    Jenna flips over her sheet of paper to inspect her own schedule. Messily jotted down, smudged with...makeup? Something? It's barely legible.

"Um, I have...something. Does this say...Spanish? Uh..."

She shoves the note back in her bag.

"I'll figure it out!"

• Options
    Howard winces sympathetically, and looks belatedly for the room number.

"Hold on, we just passed it. Go ahead," he opens the door for her, though given the somewhat rowdy environment inside, helping her get in there sooner may not have been much of a favor.

"If, uh, you want, I could help you get that straightened out," he offers tentatively.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Gisborn is sitting in the back of class, waiting for homeroom to start. Today is his first day of school, and his support has told him the Slayer would be attending as well. Gisborn rolls his eyes. Great. She probably thinks she's an expert since she's survived all of one vampire attack. He looks at his phone, just browsing the internet, identifying likely demon attacks from the weekend that need to be investigated. He sees a girl that doesn't fit at all, complete with "product" and all. Well, she's not going to last long here. Following her is someone, Gisborn idly wonders if he's a friend. He goes back to his phone. It would have been nice if the clan had provided a picture. That way he could at least stay away from her.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Jenna seems more than happy with that idea.

"That would be awesome! Yeah!"

She walks into homeroom, Howard behind her. Looking around the classroom, she was right back to feeling nervous. Hoo boy.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The peeling paint on the walls and dirty windows give the room a claustrophobic feeling. The second bell rings as the three of them find their seats in the classroom. The low roar of chatter continues unabated however. A hunched, thin man with a shiny baldspot quietly mutters at the front of the room while through some papers on the desk. Raising his voice a little, he says "Uh! Excuse me! Can we quiet down so I can take roll?"

As no one reacts, he starts calling out names with few responses. Once done reading the names on the list, he drops back into his chair and pulls out a book.

Behind Jenna, one of the guys behind her pokes her shoulder, "That's Brandenburg for you. Two years till retirement, and he's just goin' through the motions, man. Name's Johnny. You?"

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gisborn and Howard, having ended up a few rows back from Jenna due to a lack of seats, are sitting in the back of the class when a big, athletic teen on Howard's right says,"I saw you come in with her. You ain't with her or nothing, right? Cause she's mighty fine, if you like that kind of girl."

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    "Well, not with her with her, but I think she likes me," Howard ventures. "And she's a cutie, all right, but isn't it kinda, I dunno, rude to talk about her behind her back?"

• Options
    Jenna smiles back, happy to get more attention.

"Jenna! I'm new here!"

She glances over at the teacher, absorbed in his book.

"So, uh...he isn't gonna try and teach us stuff?"

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Gisborn barely takes his eyes off of his phone. He doesn't particularly care about this aspect of his education, especially since he has better teachers that have already made him learn everything he is going to the previous summer, so he doesn't have to waste his time now. He's more worried about getting blindsided like last time he went out, and what joke the clan will tell next time.

Do I need to roll something to see if I can tell something is weird with class members?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Johnny raised an eyebrow at her, "What you expecting from home room? Nothin happens here except copying homework for first period." Glancing at her smuged schedual, Johnny says, "Which it looks like you've got math first. Don't know anything about him, though. Some new guy. Id say good luck, but he can't be any worse than Stinton... He was a jackass, but it still was a shame what happened to him."

Some of the guys sitting near Howard laugh, and the jock says, "Well, if you wanna talk about what you thhink you chances are and how hot she is with her here, invite her over."

Taking another look at Howard, he continues, "you look like you play something. You thinking about trying out for basketball? Could always use someone like you on the team."

(Looking for something weird would be 1d10+perception+notice)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    geth roll 1d10+7

Edit:Huzzah!

1d10+7 15 [1d10=8]

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    13 and higher Notice
    Mr. Brandenburg and a few of the students in the class are really out of it. For example, you don't think he's turned any pages since he's started reading his book.

• Options
    Howard is eager to change the subject; he's not used to thinking anyone's attractive, beyond a vague appreciation for aesthetic beauty.

"Yeah, maybe, I don't know. My parents aren't wild about the idea, they think it'll take a lot of time away from schoolwork, but it seems like it might be fun if I find something that isn't hours and hours of practice every week, you know?"

• Options
    "Math? Ugh..."

Jenna tilts her head.

"What happened?"

• Options
  • Options
    Oblivious Jenna ain't gonna bother rolling. :P

• Options
    Great. At least things won't be boring. UUnfortunately, this school thing is a solo assignment for Gisborn. Well, he knows how to watch his back. The Slayer wil have to wait.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Capfalcon gave me the okay to join so I'm throwing my stat block here. Will show up after homeroom, because who actually goes to homeroom?

Randal “Rand” Pike

STR 3
    DEX 2+1(3)
    CON 4
    INT 2 +1(3)
    PER 2
    WILL 2+1 (3)

Life Point 38
    Drama Points 20

Quality/Drawback 10(+10)/10

Artist (2pts), +1 to 2 mental attributes, +1 to art, -1 to willpower rolls to resist losing it under pressure
    1 Attractiveness (1pt)
    Criminal (2pt) +1 to attribute, +1 Crime, +1 to skill related to crime. Double Willpower when tempted with money
    5 Pyrokinesis (3pt per level/15 points). Roll Pyro+Will. Each success inflicts 1 point per level of willpower.
    Teenager (-2pt)
    Uncontrollable Power (-5) Doubled willpower when angry, scared, or stressed.
    Resources, Hurting (-2)
    Emotional Problem (-1), Anger Issues

2 Acrobatics
    4 +1 (5) Art (Constitution for singing)
    3+1 (4) Crime
    3+1 (4) Driving
    1 Getting Medieval
    4 Influence
    3 Kung Fu
    3 Mr. Fixit
    2 Notice

Rand live on the bad side of town with his mother, no one knows where his father is. His mother works long hours and spends the rest of her time drunk with who ever she found at the bar that night. Angry at the world Rand has numerous run-ins with the law. Him staying in school was part of his last sentencing. Rand also has the reputation as an arsonist, altough the fires were acually started by his powers going out of control. The only thing he seems to really enjoy are cars (which he can't afford) and music. Rand sings in the punk band Hate Addiction. Because of his parents Rand identifies himself as straight-edge.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Both students are about to answer as the bell rings, jolting Mr Brandenburg out of his reading. He starts speaking, but he can't be heard as students file out of the class. The athlete grimaces at the sound of the bell, but tells Howard to give it some though to playing. "It's the only way some of us are getting out of this hole, anyway."

On the route to Math class, Johnny says, "Oh, right, Stinton. Hit and run. Well, depends if you listen to. You know how rumors spread."

In math class, a much younger man stands in front of the class, looking at each of the students with a look of concentration. As his eyes pass over Jenna, his gaze stops.

"Right. I'm the new math teacher, Mr. Lendon. Now, as much as I'd like to get started, I know today's the first day of class. All of you aren't really interested in getting anything done today. So, I'll make a deal with you. If someone asks, you'll say I went over your syllabus and started teaching. What's actually going to happen is you're going to relax and do what you want, as long as you keep it down. Next time, though, we're going to get started."

This deal appears to go over well with the rest of the class. Walking over to Jenna, Mr Lendon leans down and says, "Miss... let's see... Jenna, is it? I'd like to see you after school. I've been going over some records from your last school, and I think we need to talk."
    Feel free to interject yourself into the scene, @Ken O.

I'm not planning on going through each class, so after the next little scene, I'm planning on skipping to after school.

Also, I'm still working on introducing the pyromanica rocker to the intro. Give it time. :P

• Options
    Are we all in math together?