As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Time Wars: JUMP 10 - America loses the war (mafia victory)

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Megafrost wrote: »
    So... you're claiming to be neutral? Again?

No, I am claiming to be African, which I will happily admit is definitely not neutral, but is also so unlikely to win by our wincon without getting our legs under us early that the reveal is worth it. We have as little reason to want the Mafia alive as the rest of you, so help us out!

This is pretty neutral sounding

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It is pretty neutral-sounding, but it appears to be something more akin to a "Good luck, buddy," from Obi.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'd like to thank everyone for getting in touch with me. Your cooperation, while not necessary per se, is still appreciated.
    I live by many rules, you know. Many many. One of them is 'always respond to PMs.' Those of you who chose not to respond are not being included in further communications, ok?
    It's just easier that way.

And when in doubt, just remember:
    tumblr_mbvb8qj8Gm1r1b9aso1_500.jpg

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    bill_ted_excellent_adventure1.jpg

Ok dudes, so like I'm traveling back through time to save the future with music!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Cythraul
    That is not how that went down!
    Although, San Deimos High School Football does rule.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Maybe that's not how it went down in your future

Steam
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38th Doe, because it's San Dimas, dude.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Damn! I want to retaliate vote but I forgot my vote at home!

I know! After this is all over and we totally save the future from evil asians, I'll go home, get my vote, go BACK in time and leave it... behind that tree over there!

Steam
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oh right, day one throwaway votes are meaningful potentially.

Dammit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    65018113.jpg38thDoe

Steam
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Oh right, day one throwaway votes are meaningful potentially.

Dammit.

Potentially, yes. Votes in this game are quite important if only because they'll linger after you die

• Options
    Dude, it worked!

image.jpg

Steam
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I will have to consider my vote very car TRV.

• Options
    38thDoe

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Hmmm yes, who do I vote for? Yes, Auralynx will do nicely.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Heck of a reason to ask me to sign up, Mikey. :P

Also, as you guys can see, I have either persuaded premium that I'm scary enough that someone should kill me outright or that I am a friendly African diplomat trying to unite his shattered continent. The latter is the accurate answer, though maybe you don't believe!

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Well, how can he repay a grudge if you aren't playing?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ... I can't think what I could've done to Mikey that he'd grudge me. Maybe I haven't done it yet? Maybe asking me to sign up is what creates the grudge?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Headasplode.gif

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Pre game networking? TRV

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wait he was involved in pre game networking and I wasn't invited? GASP

• Options
    I wasn't either. Africa always gets the short stick, man.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Time phalla, gents! I'm on the ball with this one!
    You could say that I lord my abilities over others.
    Not sure what you'd call someone like that.
    Probably something very not nice.
    Like ass, or Sally.

• Options
    Let's make wild assumptions!

1) There are two mafias representing the Asians and the Meds. Guesstimate 4 each in a game this size. (8/39)
    2) There are time squad specials (4 named in the narration besides Paul Henri Durand: 12/39)
    3) There are American military/government specials (7 named in the narration: (19/39)
    4) There's a person representing our traitorous/kidnapped/secret evil megalomaniac out to rule the world serial killer time doctor (20/39).

That seems a lot of non-villagers for a game this size already. It makes me question Canada/Africa, quite frankly. Especially if they're both supposed to be factions with multiple members who have to contact each other. And if they exist, there almost has to be a Latin American faction (and probably northern Europeans as well).

Meta wise, I grow doubtful. Bonus: auralynx liked to fuck with the village and spread false information when we were both mafia.

And I know there are actually vanillagers and that wasn't just a dummy PM, because I am not cool and just a normal.

So I think for now I do not buy this Africa nonsense, and I vote for auralynx.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    If there are 2 separate mafias I would expect them to be a little bigger(maybe 5 each) unless they have compatible win conditions.

premium on
  • Options
    As I said, I think they can win together if we're on the right days in the time stream, or all the time.

• Options
    FWIW, ebum, I have been noisy as hell and super-interested in swinging big early on in every phalla since my I got the lay of the land in my first couple and decided quiet was boring. This is in-character mafia or not. :D

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't assume that everyone listed in narration is necessarily a role

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Let's make wild assumptions!

1) There are two mafias representing the Asians and the Meds. Guesstimate 4 each in a game this size. (8/39)
    2) There are time squad specials (4 named in the narration besides Paul Henri Durand: 12/39)
    3) There are American military/government specials (7 named in the narration: (19/39)
    4) There's a person representing our traitorous/kidnapped/secret evil megalomaniac out to rule the world serial killer time doctor (20/39).

That seems a lot of non-villagers for a game this size already. It makes me question Canada/Africa, quite frankly. Especially if they're both supposed to be factions with multiple members who have to contact each other. And if they exist, there almost has to be a Latin American faction (and probably northern Europeans as well).

Meta wise, I grow doubtful. Bonus: auralynx liked to fuck with the village and spread false information when we were both mafia.

And I know there are actually vanillagers and that wasn't just a dummy PM, because I am not cool and just a normal.

So I think for now I do not buy this Africa nonsense, and I vote for [color]auralynx[/color].
    Yeah, I agree with that other posts that the mafia's would be a bit bigger if they had different win conditions and theoretically that many specials. Also, while we're talking meta, this is obiphalla, if it weren't for the fact that I got a vanillager role, I would be skeptical that he'd actually include vanillagers :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    My vote is out of love, not grudge. <3

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    I think this qualifies under ObiPhalla's "no vanillagers" rule because the vote is weird so you need to pay attention to it more than normal.

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

My vote to is out love for voting for TRV.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Also, while we're talking meta, this is obiphalla, if it weren't for the fact that I got a vanillager role, I would be skeptical that he'd actually include vanillagers :P

Yeah, I'm right there with you (though I think I'm the worst/best about that)

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Premium, your logic about Canada/Africa in a game this size makes sense, but what makes you think there 'must' be factions for Latin America and N. Europe?

Because of you're right and Aura and INANTP are serious, then this is a very dense game, indeed.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It is statistically unlikely that Langly and I are comrades.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

Please assist the glorious continent of Africa in our quest to manipulate the ensuing globo-temporal conflict for our own ends, then.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Premium, your logic about Canada/Africa in a game this size makes sense, but what makes you think there 'must' be factions for Latin America and N. Europe?

Because of you're right and Aura and INANTP are serious, then this is a very dense game, indeed.

That was me. It seems logical. If it's a geopolitical battle and sub-Saharan Africa and friggin Canada (no offense hosers, but you are not really the global domination types) get factions, you would think Northern (i.e. non-Mediterranean) Europe would play some kind of role, as would be the billion plus people of Latin America.

EDIT: Remember, wild assumptions are in operation in that post.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Please note that there was no specific number of players this game was designed for. If we had 60 people I would expect to see all the named characters in the OP in game, but with less than 40 I think some were cut.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I can clarify one of them for you: There are definitely more factions in action than just America, the mafia (whoever they are) and Africa, particularly since my particular flavor of African wants to help a different group than the other African who's taken me up on that post does. Fortunately, we both love our mother continent and have agreed to work together for now.

kshu0oba7xnr.png