As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

more sex nonsense

RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, my girlfriend just got back from vacation (spring break wooo) and of course when she got home we wanted to do some stuff. Problem was her parents were home. So, they go out for a bit and she say's we can't actually have sex because she hasn't started her pill yet (spring break period woooo). I say fine, I don't want any complications. Anyway, we're fooling around and she decides fuck it i don't care. Now, she usually finishes before me, so I wasn't really that worried. I ended up not finishing at all (parents wooo) but she's pretty scared and regretting it now. Is there really much of a chance of her being pregnant or what? Yes, this is pretty much another one of those pre-cum threads

TL;DR had unprotected sex omgooses

RubberAC on

• Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If you've seen one precum thread you've seen them all...most likely.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    According to a study done I found online, in a sample of couples (or just men) studied precum contained no active sperm. However, this is just from the sample they took. You are playing with fire. Withdrawal before full on ejactulation makes the pregnancy chances are very low but they are there. Especially if you beat the meat beforehand and your urethra wasn't clear from a good pissing to get all the active sperm still in your penis out before you had sex.

Ironically your name is rubber and yet you carry no rubbers on your person. Oh irony.

Khaczor on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Khaczor wrote: »
    According to a study done I found online, in a sample of couples (or just men) studied precum contained no active sperm. However, this is just from the sample they took. You are playing with fire. Withdrawal before full on ejactulation makes the pregnancy chances are very low but they are there. Especially if you beat the meat beforehand and your urethra wasn't clear from a good pissing to get all the active sperm still in your penis out before you had sex.

Ironically your name is rubber and yet you carry no rubbers on your person. Oh irony.

bahaha yeah man.
    i hadn't done any solo tests of the heat seeking moisture missile for like a whole day before though, and i had to piss like a racehorse before going to her house, so i should have been pretty clean

RubberAC on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    To my understanding, it is possible that a girl could get pregnant from precum, but I think it's incredibly unlikely. You're probably good, but I definitely wouldn't try that again in the future.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If this is about easing your mind after the fact (and hers), think about how hard some people have to try, having full ejaculatory unprotected sex, just to manage to get pregnant. Your chances of getting pregnant after this act are vanishingly small.

That said, if you do it enough your chances go up. A lot. So unless you've got money in the bank for diapers and a name picked out, don't do that shit anymore.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I don't plan on doing this again. I hate the feeling i get afterwards, even though I know theres a low chance of it happening

RubberAC on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Statistically speaking, she's not pregnant.

It's possible she is. It's also possible you'll get struck by lightning while being attacked by terrorists tomorrow.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »

It's possible she is. It's also possible you'll get struck by lightning while being attacked by terrorists tomorrow.

However, using the pullout method on a consistant basis is kind of like carrying around a huge metal rod while screaming about how much you love America.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    MotherFireflyMotherFirefly Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Though because she DID finish, her chances of being pregnant are higher, due to the fact that contractions in the muscles move any sperm towards the uterus.

Anyways, have a condom on you next time, playing with fire isn't smart.

MotherFirefly on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Very low odds, substantially less than one in a thousand. Kudos to MoFly though, I haven't heard that bit of arcana in a long while. The mentioned contractions are really only effective if theres substantial fluid to work with, but depending on how wet the orgasm is, there might be enough.

If you didn't jerk off within about three hours before hand, that chance drops even further into the negligbly possible realm, and well into 'only mathmatically possible' territory. Even as it is, birth control failure would be more likely than conception in this case, so no biggie. But jeebus - learn to just say no dude.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

However, using the pullout method on a consistant basis is kind of like carrying around a huge metal rod while screaming about how much you love America.

Best post I've read today.

On topic, yeah you're probably alright, but as you've already said, not a practice to be made a habit.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_interruptus
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The primary cause of failure of the withdrawal method is the lack of self-control of those using it. Poor timing of the withdrawal can result in semen on the vulva, which can easily migrate into the female reproductive tract. Some medical professionals view withdrawal as an ineffective method of birth control.[6] In contrast, a recent study in Iran found that provinces with higher rates of withdrawal use do not have higher fertility rates, and that the contribution of withdrawal use to unintended pregnancies is not markedly different from that of other commonly used methods such as the pill or condom.

It has been suggested that the pre-ejaculate ("Cowper's fluid"), fluid emitted by the penis prior to ejaculation, contains spermatozoa (sperm cells), and is easily drawn into the vagina by capillary action. However, several small studies have failed to find any viable sperm in the fluid. While no large conclusive studies have been done, it is now believed the primary cause of method (correct-use) failure is the pre-ejaculate fluid picking up sperm from a previous ejaculation. For this reason, it is recommended that users of withdrawal have the male partner urinate between ejaculations, to clear the urethra of sperm, and wash any ejaculate from objects that might come near the woman's vulva (e.g. hands and his penis).

I'd say, as long as you didn't masturbate since your last urination, you're most likely fine. When done properly and with good self-control, coitus interruptus is actually fairly effective (4% failure compared to 1% with a condom or pill).

Although I would still HIGHLY recommend not relying on your own self-control, as in moments of passion thats always suspect. Use a condom.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't understand the "starting her pill yet" part. If she's on the pill, the "7 day break" isn't "pregnancy time," it's "artificial period" time. And if you just get on the pill, you're not supposed to use it as the sole birth control method for, what, 3 months I think they say?

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    DakeyrasDakeyras Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    EggyToast wrote: »
    I don't understand the "starting her pill yet" part. If she's on the pill, the "7 day break" isn't "pregnancy time," it's "artificial period" time. And if you just get on the pill, you're not supposed to use it as the sole birth control method for, what, 3 months I think they say?

If you start using the pill it takes seven days before you can have safe sex. At least, according to the little paper that came with it I'm looking at right now. It's dutch though, maybe it differs..?

Dakeyras on
  • Options
    Pants ManPants Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    misbehavin wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The primary cause of failure of the withdrawal method is the lack of self-control of those using it. Poor timing of the withdrawal can result in semen on the vulva, which can easily migrate into the female reproductive tract. Some medical professionals view withdrawal as an ineffective method of birth control.[6] In contrast, a recent study in Iran found that provinces with higher rates of withdrawal use do not have higher fertility rates, and that the contribution of withdrawal use to unintended pregnancies is not markedly different from that of other commonly used methods such as the pill or condom.

It has been suggested that the pre-ejaculate ("Cowper's fluid"), fluid emitted by the penis prior to ejaculation, contains spermatozoa (sperm cells), and is easily drawn into the vagina by capillary action. However, several small studies have failed to find any viable sperm in the fluid. While no large conclusive studies have been done, it is now believed the primary cause of method (correct-use) failure is the pre-ejaculate fluid picking up sperm from a previous ejaculation. For this reason, it is recommended that users of withdrawal have the male partner urinate between ejaculations, to clear the urethra of sperm, and wash any ejaculate from objects that might come near the woman's vulva (e.g. hands and his penis).

I'd say, as long as you didn't masturbate since your last urination, you're most likely fine. When done properly and with good self-control, coitus interruptus is actually fairly effective (4% failure compared to 1% with a condom or pill).

Although I would still HIGHLY recommend not relying on your own self-control, as in moments of passion thats always suspect. Use a condom.

i'll echo that (ALWAYS use a condom, even if she's on the pill), and also i think it's pretty hilarious that wikipedia cites a study from IRAN about the pull and pray method.

this is why you don't cite anything wiki says, kids. EVER.

Pants Man on
    "okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dakeyras wrote: »
    EggyToast wrote: »

If you start using the pill it takes seven days before you can have safe sex. At least, according to the little paper that came with it I'm looking at right now. It's dutch though, maybe it differs..?

That's when you start it the first time. Assuming she was on the pill before break, she should have kept on her normal schedule during the break, and everything should be fine. If she decided to just not take her pills during spring break due to being away, and was in the middle of a cycle (not in the "break" point), then she needs to start over with a new pack anyway as if she were starting from scratch, and yeah, then the effectiveness period comes into play. If she did that, she's playing with fire anyway, and needs to be sat down and have the importance of staying on schedule explained to her. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Think about it this way:

We have a word for people that use the pull out method. It's 'dad'.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Pants Man wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:

i'll echo that (ALWAYS use a condom, even if she's on the pill), and also i think it's pretty hilarious that wikipedia cites a study from IRAN about the pull and pray method.

this is why you don't cite anything wiki says, kids. EVER.

I don't mean to be inciteful here, but what's wrong with the fact that it came from Iran? Does Iran not have medical studies, or something? Because as far as I know, the location of the study is irrelevant.

And that wiki article is fairly legit. I've been taught this for a while, and first read about it in the New England Journal of Medicine. Precum does not, by itself, have any sperm in it.

Anyway, back on topic...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There's are so many of these threads on any given day...

Isn't the better question... How do I become mentally/physically/emotionally prepared for sex?
    If you don't know what gets a girl pregnant, maybe you shouldn't be having sex?

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    There's are so many of these threads on any given day...

Isn't the better question... How do I become mentally/physically/emotionally prepared for sex?
    If you don't know what gets a girl pregnant, maybe you shouldn't be having sex?

From what I gather, he wasn't confused about what causes pregnancy, but just asking about the statistical chances that she is pregnant if he didn't ejaculate.

This isn't a wiki-style help book, so just answering questions that weren't asked seems counter-productive.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't mean to be inciteful here, but what's wrong with the fact that it came from Iran? Does Iran not have medical studies, or something? Because as far as I know, the location of the study is irrelevant.

not when the study is done in a dictatorship ruled by extreme religious fundamentalists. i'd have to know a hell of a lot more about that experiment (who was involved, who supervised, etc.) before i'd give it any sort of weight.

i mean, if it was just conducted by some iranian dudes under the WHO or something, that's one thing. but if it was a state-funded and run study, you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Pants Man on
    "okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007

not when the study is done in a dictatorship ruled by extreme religious fundamentalists. i'd have to know a hell of a lot more about that experiment (who was involved, who supervised, etc.) before i'd give it any sort of weight.

i mean, if it was just conducted by some iranian dudes under the WHO or something, that's one thing. but if it was a state-funded and run study, you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Hi, the study is freely available online and there's nothing preventing you from doing your fact checking prior to making condescending remarks about its veracity based on the nationality of the people who performed it. Instead by choosing to make rude, presumptive remarks without any checking whatsoever, you lose all benefit of the doubt on the matter.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    pheezer FD wrote: »

Hi, the study is freely available online and there's nothing preventing you from doing your fact checking prior to making condescending remarks about its veracity based on the nationality of the people who performed it. Instead by choosing to make rude, presumptive remarks without any checking whatsoever, you lose all benefit of the doubt on the matter.

so i did, and guess what? it was a state run study with no international oversight. this has nothing to do with nationality, or race, or any of the other bullshit you're trying to pin on me. it has everything to do with bias that you simply can't overlook.

let me put it this way: if you read a news report from north korea, do you take it at face value? of course not, it's a state run media and heavily infused with propaganda. it's the same thing when you try and take into account a report from the health ministry of a fundamentalist country that suspended the national contraception program in the 1980's.

as far as the pull and pray method goes, like has been said, it doesn't work mostly because people don't execute it correctly. it's generally considered to be a really shitty means of contraception, and nobody should use it as their means of preventing pregnancy.

Pants Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It sure seems to rely on sound statistical practices to me, but I only took two years of statistics at university. And it sure seems in line with the conclusions found by other studies, but that's probably just proof of a much larger global conspiracy.

If you're going to criticize it, you can attack its relevance, as its main focus isn't even the actual likelihood of unwanted pregnancy while using the withdrawal method, but it does discuss that, and it does grant that the numbers are worse than for modern contraceptive methods, but not significantly so when analyzed on the national scale.

And for the record, Iran's had a national family planning organization in the past (established formally 1967), which although it was undermined by the revolution in 1979, continued to operate out of necessity, prior to being given proper funding and support by the government again in 1989 due to the rapidly increasing population. They are not a bunch of backwards hillbillies relying on voodoo and superstition and decrying contraceptive use, they encourage and provide contraceptives and education for free.

They pretty much do as much as the USA does in terms of family planning.

So you can take your ignorance and stupidity out of my forum now.

Pheezer on
  • Options
    flightofthebflightoftheb Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i've used the "pull and pray" method for what - almost 4 years. no, i'm not stupid. read anything like that wikipedia article or plenty of articles online that do more than just scare people. as a poster above said: with good self-control and proper measures (i.e. pee and time after a previous ejaculation) the probability of pregnancy is very small, period. the vast majority of coitus interruptus pregnancies happen when the guy just doesn't pull out in time. i never have that problem because we finish her first, and then i'm out of there for the day.

this is not playing with fire. pre-ejaculate DOES NOT INTRINSICALLY CONTAIN SPERM, just pee beforehand. the biggest problem is learning to pull out before anything happens, so this is definitely not recommended for people who don't have the self control.

flightoftheb on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Oh I wouldn't say that it's not playing with fire. It most certainly is, especially if you're not particularly experienced or if you're even slightly inebriated in some manner. I'd never call it good advice to recommend the method because of the possibility for a very small, very momentary lapse in self control to result in 18+ years of obligation. If you're in a stable relationship and you could both afford a baby and you've both discussed what would be done if pregnancy occurred, then sure, maybe, it's your call to make. But it's not a "good idea".

Pheezer on
  • Options
    KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I got to sig this!

Khaczor on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i've used the "pull and pray" method for what - almost 4 years. no, i'm not stupid. read anything like that wikipedia article or plenty of articles online that do more than just scare people. as a poster above said: with good self-control and proper measures (i.e. pee and time after a previous ejaculation) the probability of pregnancy is very small, period. the vast majority of coitus interruptus pregnancies happen when the guy just doesn't pull out in time. i never have that problem because we finish her first, and then i'm out of there for the day.

this is not playing with fire. pre-ejaculate DOES NOT INTRINSICALLY CONTAIN SPERM, just pee beforehand. the biggest problem is learning to pull out before anything happens, so this is definitely not recommended for people who don't have the self control.

It's not just about self-control - as the event horizes, there is a chance of small involuntary contractions taking place. These are subtle enough that you may even not feel them, but can leak anywhere from half to two mL of full-on, ready-to-fire seminal fluid. These generally occur anywhere from ten to twenty seconds before the main event, and almost everyone is prone to them.

If you're pulling out well before hand, as in before you even start to feel everything beginning to tighten up in preparation (t minus 45 and counting) then I'd agree on it being reasonably safe.

EDIT: But not nearly as safe you could be. And really, why take chances with something that big?

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    As far as the pull-out method goes, we all know its like basketball, you dribble before ya shoot. The chances that she's pregnant are really low though so try to calm her down. Excessive worrying may cause her peroid to be late btw... but if she's going on the pill it wont matter. Take this incident as a lesson as to why birth control is your friend : )

malkoth on
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    malkoth wrote: »
    As far as the pull-out method goes, we all know its like basketball, you dribble before ya shoot. The chances that she's pregnant are really low though so try to calm her down. Excessive worrying may cause her peroid to be late btw... but if she's going on the pill it wont matter. Take this incident as a lesson as to why birth control is your friend : )

Please do not post in a thread that you haven't bothered to read. You've managed to contribute absolutely nothing of value here because you're so very late to post and everything has already been said. Next time see if what you're about to contribute has already been posted.

Pheezer on