As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So the [Duel of Champions] CCG is pretty fun.

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    argh, I'm like that twilight zone episode where the guy broke his reading glasses

I finally pull a sanctuary hero and its Kaiko who pretty much only works as a denial/pao recycling deck and requires specific cards. Oh well I won 30 w/ seigfried I can win 30 with this one :)

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Can't wait for the new expansion. I have 5000 seals and 200k gold saved up.

meh I'm leaving this game for Hex as soon as that releases

• PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    Can't wait for the new expansion. I have 5000 seals and 200k gold saved up.

Did any details about the expansion come out at PAX? I haven't heard anything specific

Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
    edited September 2013
    Level 60 herald box as a big box of fail.

0 new cards, 1 marginally useful rare.

Rare list
    Zardoc (dupe)
    Str of Sea (dupe)
    Silent Death (dupe)
    Living Nightmare (4th)
    Turncoats :( (4th)
    Cosmic Balance x2 (have 6 now)
    Serias Last Order (4th, good card but dont see 4 a deck)
    Offensive Stance (5th)
    and the one sort of good card
    Void Arbiter (4th)

Still have 0! lurkers after 6?7? boxes.

Missing 7 cards from the set: Song of the Lost, Gate to Nowhere, Alia, Noboru, Lurker!!!, Shinje Warrior, Void Rift

Mostly I want the heros just for the Seria achievement, want lurkers so I can play Dhamiria slow

On the bright side I slogged through 30 Kaiko wins to get Sanc banner and the Kieran achievement so I'll try a couple of decks with him (need more battle priests though).

rembrandtqeinstein on
    Welp, I can never play again:

DoC_1337.png

Any word on the street about repricing with the new expansion? I need all the epic spells other than Might of Nature and Silent Death, so gonna get the HoV box anyway at 50, but just curious if I should feel guilty about it :P

Welp, I can never play again:

DoC_1337.png

Any word on the street about repricing with the new expansion? I need all the epic spells other than Might of Nature and Silent Death, so gonna get the HoV box anyway at 50, but just curious if I should feel guilty about it :P

Silent death is just not very good, I wouldn't fish for it. There are so many ways the opponent can deal with it. When I play Adar most of the time I would rather have a soulreaver in my hand. And I almost always throw it out with shantri. The only reason I have it in my Adar deck is because I have 3 magic peddlers to increase the chances of getting forbidden flame early, and the silent death is just an extra draw for later in the game. And for some reason it scares people so they discard it rather than a more useful spell.

If the new expansion is as gamechanging as herald I'm definitely leaving since there is no reliable way to get seals w/o spending money. And I have a policy to never spend money on "mystery boxes".

You get 100 seals per level and ~100 seals per week. You can also win packs of the latest expansion in swiss tournaments and you get swiss tickets for free weekly as well. This game is pretty cool about letting you earn everything for free.

Silent death is just not very good, I wouldn't fish for it. There are so many ways the opponent can deal with it.

Other way around - I have Silent Death and Might of Nature, was missing the others. However the 50 HoV box gave me Light of Tomorrow, so... teach me how to Zardoc? 7 heath creatures in the front taking half damage and coming back after death seems pretty badass.

Silent death is just not very good, I wouldn't fish for it. There are so many ways the opponent can deal with it.

Other way around - I have Silent Death and Might of Nature, was missing the others. However the 50 HoV box gave me Light of Tomorrow, so... teach me how to Zardoc? 7 heath creatures in the front taking half damage and coming back after death seems pretty badass.

I have a Zardoc deck that's not working too badly. Go for insect swarms, words of light, big creatures, a couple of earths grasps, and 4x dark ward. Make sure you use 4x 1 cost slingers, 4x 2 cost harpies, and 4x 2 cost slingers. You need early game threat or you won't make it to late game.

I have a Zardoc deck that's not working too badly. Go for insect swarms, words of light, big creatures, a couple of earths grasps, and 4x dark ward. Make sure you use 4x 1 cost slingers, 4x 2 cost harpies, and 4x 2 cost slingers. You need early game threat or you won't make it to late game.

Thanks for the tips! By the way, what are your two main decks these days? Did you ever hit 1501?

edited September 2013
    My best deck is Kelthor 5/5/1 with spells and creatures. I don't use any enrage creatures and concentrate on controlling the board. I also have the above mentioned Zardoc deck mostly for fun and to try to punish Adar-Malik.

Edit: Also, I never hit 1500. My best was mid 1400s. It's far too easy to get a match vs a 1k ELO player with a rush deck that goes 2nd with a good draw and you just lose 40 ELO. Meanwhile when you win those matches you gain 1-2 ELO.

The ELO system is pretty broken right now.

Constrictor on

My Zardoc deck went a bit differently, in that I didn't put in the 1 cost scouts and instead put in hailstorm and week of tamed spirits. Hailstorm combos hilariously w/ might of nature in that it doesn't damage your front line at all. Bramble beasts are pretty powerful chump blockers w/ the magic resist and 2 retaliation. Once might of nature is down bramble beast basically locks down the row. Still debating on the spell mix since 4 stone shields really helped in the past to stall until I had a wipe in my hand. Divine intervention is a very powerful card in the late game.

Unfortunately if light of tomorrow is dispelled the deck falls apart. Once you get to the late game you hoard the harpies, magic merchants and bramble beasts in your hand so they aren't candidates for might of nature. Blackskull warlord and bloodfrenzied wyvren are the whammies since the high attack combos really well with Zardoc's ability.

Zardoculous v2

I played the deck in the 1200s without problems but I just surrendered vs ariana or nergal since they were pretty much guaranteed to have dispel.

You get 100 seals per level and ~100 seals per week. You can also win packs of the latest expansion in swiss tournaments and you get swiss tickets for free weekly as well. This game is pretty cool about letting you earn everything for free.

If I'm still playing after hex releases I'll break my policy and throw UBI some bones for seals. Unfortunately my best deck isn't that great in tournaments due to being Adar and not having dispel. Also missing 2 puppet masters so I have one in my hand by the time I hit 6 magic.

I don't like bramble beasts at all. The only decent purpose is to hide a shooter behind it, which is very limited use.

Sanc wall is much more useful since it locks down the enemy when placed. Necro wall has regen and can be moved to follow enemies as well.

Normally I would agree with you but in this particular deck the beasties were really useful.

First they are the best cost/life ratio stronghold has which means they are great candidates for altar. Second they cost 1 might so I could level magic on my first turn to have insect swarm or stoneshield ready on turn 3 if necessary. Third the anchored meant they were safe from town portal or sanctuary creature abilities. Fourth the magic resist meant they could safely chump block at 2 life since they couldn't be killed any cheap damage-based removal, and also they were perfect chump blockers for lilim, archlich, and the outmaneuvre sanctuary shooters (who cant move them around).

So yeah the enemy can move away but with the beastie on the board I've narrowed the enemy's placement options increasing the likelihood of being able to catch a full row with sun ray and also have the perfect target for sacrifice.

• Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    Guys, new code I saw on Reddit from PAX.

PAX-5TREAM-2013

Gets you 3 HoV packs and a free Yukiko Sanc deck. Expires at the end of the day, San Francisco time.

Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Okay, that's pretty darn excellent.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2013
    Ha, got a Forbidden Flame.

edit: and Alia, Caller of Faith.

Echo on
    edited September 2013
    Echo wrote: »
    Ha, got a Forbidden Flame.

edit: and Alia, Caller of Faith.

Daaaaaamn. I was eyeing that hero so much after seeing this.

Lawful Evil on
  • PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Guys, new code I saw on Reddit from PAX.

PAX-5TREAM-2013

Gets you 3 HoV packs and a free Yukiko Sanc deck. Expires at the end of the day, San Francisco time.

Uggggh I missed it by about 4 hours. That stings.

IcdplGM.png
    Have some more codes, maybe could into the OP?

HAPPY-BIRTHDAY-DOC (this one's really new, 365 seals)
    MMDOC-H4S-THE-B3ST-FANS (HoV pack)
    THANK5-4-THE-F4CEBOOK-LUV (HoV pack)
    D4nke-fur-4lle (Reinforcement Pack)

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    That pax stream code combined with the others they just put out roped me back into the game, for the first time I actually have enough seals to buy a box and cant decide which one to get.

hLeTR.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Have some more codes, maybe could into the OP?

HAPPY-BIRTHDAY-DOC (this one's really new, 365 seals)
    MMDOC-H4S-THE-B3ST-FANS (HoV pack)
    THANK5-4-THE-F4CEBOOK-LUV (HoV pack)
    D4nke-fur-4lle (Reinforcement Pack)

First two are new and worked for me. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    For newer players. Here's a great review of all of the base set cards that will help you make better deck building decisions.

http://drawnplay.wordpress.com/mmdoc-reviews/

Also, there's a big reveal stream on Twitch tomorrow which will show off a lot of cards and gameplay from the new set coming out in a couple of weeks.

All of the new set has been revealed and it looks really interesting. There's going to be a lot of ways to deal with stall and necro decks, which I love.

New set releases tomorrow.

All of the new set has been revealed and it looks really interesting. There's going to be a lot of ways to deal with stall and necro decks, which I love.

New set releases tomorrow.

Curious how things play out - I was pretty unimpressed with the new necro and inferno creatures (the two decks I'm mostly currently running) outside of the uniques. I've basically been avoiding Void Rising because I didn't want to invest in an expansion focused around one faction I had no base in, and this new one could be similar, but there is enough non-new-faction meat that I'll probably just dive in. Haven and Sanc look much improved, and some of the new mechanics are interesting. Any word on new pricing or if Swiss tournaments will give the new expansion packs instead of HoV?

Swiss tournaments give packs from the latest expansion. Not sure when they'll change over but tomorrow is a good possibility.

They didn't buff necro/inferno because they're the most highly played already (and probably the most frustrating to play against).

This set really doesn't really require heavy investment unless you want to play the new faction. There's no new chase cards for the existing factions except a new epic unique creature and since you can only have one of them, it's not so bad.

Game's patched and out of maintenance. Shop seems to be choking under the load, but on the stream I was watching the guy managed to get 3-4 boxes and open them up. Looked like he was getting 30 wildcards or so per box. That's huge, you'll be able to get all of the base set epics you need easily.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Awe man I forgot to login yesterday and lost a 3-4 days of rewards. Getting burnt out on playing this although I do want to grab a box of the the new set and I'm only 130 seals short right now.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Honestly I'm very surprised this game doesn't get more play and attention on here. Solforge is a malformed lump of shit compared to this game and it's an active thread.

Anyhow the new set is pretty boss. There are some really strong new decks using academy, though they can be tough to play. I'm really loving Sanctuary lately. I built a very nice Ishuma deck that works quite well after I did some tweaking. The new 4 cost melee with ambush and outmanouver is really nice. Also the 2 cost shooter with ambush is great, though she tends to draw a lot of aoe spell damage.

edited October 2013
    The game lacks good marketing, I think. If it weren't for PA, i wouldn't have known about this game.

Still not getting enough cards, but I think I've got a good idea for a Sanctuary Honor/Pao Recycling deck. And this card makes it even better. Should be able to push out a 9 damage Pao if you can get Honor +2 on both sides of it, then recycle it with Whirlpool back to your deck, and lay down another 9.

Edit: But that's if Honor Binds Us adds +1 honor on top of a creature's existing honor.

Lawful Evil on
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I kind of lulled on this game, but like physical card games all I need is a new expansion to hop back into things. Hopefully my internet is gracious and lets me download it quickly.

I'm still enjoying it, but I must admit post 50 motivation is a little lacking with no "ooh shiny" milestones until 100, which is way off. Some of the new decks I've been seeing are pretty cool, though one Ammar deck looks possibly broken with the ability to dump a dozen spells in a turn once it gets rolling. I don't really have any investment in VR or FW yet, so not yet fully feeling the joy of buffed Sanc or the new Academy yet. I do admit some glee in dropping Hellfire Bloaters into ambushes though.

Is Sandalphon still strong? I have about fifty seals and could grab Strength of the Sea and two Wolf Captains if that deck is still solid - I'm floating around 1300 with my Garant rush deck, but I'd like something more reliable to try to do well in Swiss or maybe consider going beyond T5 jackpot.

edited October 2013
    So my second Swiss tourney went pretty well!
    X9aV2KD.png

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
    X9aV2KD.png

Haha, holy crap! Getting Decimator too is a beautiful cherry on top. What deck did that?

X9aV2KD.png

Haha, holy crap! Getting Decimator too is a beautiful cherry on top. What deck did that?

That would be this deck: http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/13473/
    I'd been wondering how my deck and play were shaping up, felt a little middle of the road, so that totally boosted me again!
    Also, any advice on that deck is welcome, though bear in mind that there's every chance of my responses being "yeah I just don't have that card yet"

IcdplGM.png
    I've gotten the sanctuary and stronghold achievement heroes for winning swiss tournaments already, and am trying to work on inferno but nothing was working. I made this new creation using Dhamiria last night and so far it's testing quite well. The deck focuses completely on creatures, with only 4 fortunes and 4 spells.

It's really fun, it focuses on locking down the board with attack anywhere creatures, card denial through use of my hero ability and discard imps, and abuse of the OP inferno creatures from the last expansion.

Oh, I meant to say, if anyone wants to play/test decks etc I'm PoultryGeist on there too.

IcdplGM.png
    My inferno swiss deck won first place on my first try yesterday. In other news, I went 9-0 in the jackpot tournament tonight and achieved 1500 elo finally. I needed 1 more win to get the 10 jackpot wins in a row achievement, so of course I lost the 10th game with a so-so draw vs. some guy with an incredible draw.

6ZhZ7rv.jpg