Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - A Jungle & Some Speed

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2013 in Strip Search

Strip Search - A Jungle & Some Speed

The Artists can now relax and take some time to bond with some friendly competition.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• HipsterSlenderHipsterSlender ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Woo!! New episode!

"Order! Order! Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?"
    emarecksaykay
  • xdeathknightxxdeathknightx Registered User regular
    Nice, time to go watch this!

• MicroMagicMicroMagic Registered User regular
    Finally Graham, Jesus Christ!

• A Concerned CitizenA Concerned Citizen Registered User regular
    HUZAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cambiata
  • FuzzyFuzzkinFuzzyFuzzkin VirginiaRegistered User regular
    "Complete hearsay" FTW!

Designer, Developer, Codemonkey, Artist at Achronic Games Mobile (Link: www.achronicgames.com)
    A Concerned Citizenemarecksaykay
  • bentcurvebentcurve Registered User new member
    That was only 12 hours late.

A Concerned Citizen
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    THUNDERPILE!

oB2vdx2.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    HipsterSlenderA Concerned CitizenenderandrewemarecksaykayKnightmare
  • OverloadedOverloaded Registered User regular
    Ooooooh shit the drama is finally starting :D

Well done on this Graham, I think a lot of people were asking for more talking heads during the social challenges, and this was fantastic. Worth the wait.

oB2vdx2.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    A Concerned CitizenemarecksaykaymegnanimousYasmine TeethSpman2099SnicketysnickBoardGameBodhisattvaAnana11T-boltRampachsgeekymoxieSpiritfireWeedLordVegetafullofgraceFyndir
  • GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular
    MicroMagic wrote: »
    Finally Graham, Jesus Christ!
    D: I'm soooooorry!
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Well done on this Graham, I think a lot of people were asking for more talking heads during the social challenges, and this was fantastic. Worth the wait.
    Thanks so much! I'm really pleased with this episode.

StaryxA Concerned CitizenzerzhulAngry_SamoanKamuraiemarecksaykayKnightmareCMBoydmegnanimousHipsterSlenderKalynarSpman2099SnicketysnicktynicAnana11ElbasunuWeedLordVegetafightinfilipinoGoose!Anialosfullofgrace
    Seriously Graham awesome episode, don't know what went wrong getting it up, but it was well worth the wait.

emarecksaykayBoardGameBodhisattvaCambiata
  • Agent0fN0thingAgent0fN0thing Registered User regular
    That was definitely a fun bit of palate-cleansing, as we got to see more of the contestants decompressing from the most recent rounds of elimination. Well-done, artists! Can't wait to see what happens next (okay, I will wait until Tuesday, but you get my drift). Super excited!

A Concerned CitizenzerzhulemarecksaykayKnightmare
  • GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular
    Rendering and FTP and shit, man, what can I say?

A Concerned CitizenemarecksaykaygavindelCMBoydHipsterSlenderAgent0fN0thing
  • xdeathknightxxdeathknightx Registered User regular
    Great episode and great editing Graham, and thanks for going through all the trouble to get this to us no matter what.

A Concerned CitizenBoardGameBodhisattvaWeaselsoup
  • KamuraiKamurai Registered User new member
    Katie! You looked super cute in this episode! Let me buy your strip search shirt from Challenge 1! :D

A Concerned CitizenparmeisanHeyThereElizadeathbearsemarecksaykayHipsterSlender
  • Wind LaneWind Lane Registered User regular
    Every episode I watch makes me want to see the next episode even more. It's building exponentially.

A Concerned CitizenemarecksaykaySpman2099
  • enderandrewenderandrew Registered User regular
    @GRAHAMS You couldn't just beam it into our heads?

I really look forward to each new episode and was a little sad when it wasn't up this morning, but I'm happy that I was finally able to watch it.

A Concerned CitizenSpman2099
  • Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    Some of the teasers for the elimination challenges don't explicitly state what the challenge is, but this is the first time it didn't leave any real clue at all as to what's coming. Or is it just me? Does anyone have an idea what it is they're doing?

• KamuraiKamurai Registered User new member
    Thanks for all your hard work Graham!

A Concerned CitizendeathbearsemarecksaykayCMBoydBoardGameBodhisattvaAnana11fightinfilipino
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    This one almost had me falling out of my chair with laughter, especially the two times Abby started to doubt herself on whether there had been a match.

I think what they are doing next episode is
    trying to forge other people's signatures.

For those complaining, go to last episode, read the more recent comments, read Grahams Twitter feed, and if you still want to complain well... In the words of Monica "Get Fucked.". That is all.

Geekfatheremarecksaykaywn.mikeCambiata
  • UlduricUlduric Registered User regular
    Great episode. How dare you suggest cleaning up the thunder pile though. Thunder pile is a welcome addition to any house.

A Concerned Citizenenderandrew
  • LavidiusLavidius Registered User regular
    So far, we've seen Amy decide to stop playing the game and just be herself...and go home on the same day. We've seen Monica resign herself to go to the elimination...and go home on the same day. And now we've seen Tavis say that he's ready to go home. I guess we'll see if there's a trend or if this is an exception.

emarecksaykayBoardGameBodhisattva
  • BRASKYthatSOBBRASKYthatSOB Master (of Physics) AlaskaRegistered User regular
    @enderandrew What do you think Graham is some sort of hive queen?

Great episode!

• emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Hooray Abby! I would terrified to play against her, since I'm pretty sure she'd claw my eyes out to get the totem first, and I like my eyes. On the other hand, I would enjoy trying to fake her out, and then when I ran for it she'd claw my eyes out and I would miss my eyes.

Anyway, fun episode, I especially liked seeing lots of interaction and talking between the strippers. Hopefully it's enough to appease those who always complain that the social challenges are almost never about art. I didn't mind waiting for the episode. I was actually asleep for most of the time people were waiting, so yay.

I think Abby with a Redraw Ticket is a terrifying combination. I think it's enough to possibly bump her up into the final two. Of course, the other people I thought were going to be in the final two also have Redraw Tickets. Seeing as how the three I think are best all have redraw tickets now, it's going to be that much harder for Lexxy and Tavis to win this.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
    A Concerned CitizenparmeisanSHertzberg
  • N.A.P.A.N.A.P.A. JonBrownathan Virginia Beach VirginiaRegistered User regular
    It looks like tavis is slowing down like he doesnt have a lot of energy i wonder if that will affect his performance

thequestors.cp,
    A Concerned Citizen
    If you do a second season make this the first challenge...

parmeisanSHertzbergCambiata
  • OverloadedOverloaded Registered User regular
    Oh wow, great episode, pacing and editing were tons better than the ping pong eps! Thanks for getting it posted despite the technical problems!

I'm really starting to miss artists at this point. This must have been so weird to live through, having the group culled to nothing so quickly. The tension is palpable.

I really hope they bring back all the eliminated competitors as judges or something for the finale.

emarecksaykayparmeisanmegnanimousSHertzbergTheAngryGazeboAnana11A Concerned Citizennaviniea
  • gavindelgavindel You were sent from my sight When your heart grew darker than your nightRegistered User regular
    Maki mentioned bodychecking people into the couch. I was disappointed there was no hockey bodychecking action.

Everyone just pile on Lexxy! Knock out her drawing arm like she was Lebron!

Looking for magical girls? Try: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/144223/Sparks
    Maybe more interested in morally dubious shapeshifters and stealing from gods? Try:
    Signature.jpg

emarecksaykayA Concerned CitizenDraggoth
  • kolybrykolybry Registered User regular
    @lavidius
    my thoughts exactly. maybe graham is trying to psych us out...

the banter was great and i wished we would have seen more of it in the previous episodes. the kart really dragged imo.

i get the feeling that some of the artist really underestimate abby, including herself. she can take on tavis anytime artwise if you ask me. katie was right when she was talking about the "abby-factor" that is right up jerrys wheelhouse and kicked out erika "the veteran" moen.

emarecksaykay
  • KnightmareKnightmare PittsburghRegistered User regular
    That game looked like a lot of fun...kinda want to pick that up.

It's weird to think of the actual time frame that this took place on- doing so many different challenges a day would be pretty taxing. I enjoy the episodes where we get to see everyone kind of take a step back and 'relax' with something like this.

emarecksaykayA Concerned Citizen
  • HeyThereElizaHeyThereEliza Registered User regular
    Awww Tavis. You're breaking my heart. I'd definitely love to see him win. I hope he stays. When this started I barely paid attention to him because I was rooting for Ty(who quickly went home) and then slowly he grew on me. Team Tavis forever!

• emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Who can outrun a wild naked Jerry?

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Great episode! Very entertaining game and great content outside of that. Nice work, folks!

Any ideas on what the next challenge will entail? We're getting down to the last few contestants, so the pre-challenge chatter oughta be good from here on out.

emarecksaykay
  • neofinalfight@yahoo.comneofinalfight@yahoo.com Registered User new member
    Some of the teasers for the elimination challenges don't explicitly state what the challenge is, but this is the first time it didn't leave any real clue at all as to what's coming. Or is it just me? Does anyone have an idea what it is they're doing?

I remember in some episode of PATV the staff was signing cards and passing them around, and one thing I can recall is Khoo scolding one of the others for a shitty signature. The trailer of the next episode was very similar to that to me, so I imagine they'll have to replicate some drawing or signature several times in a row.

Lavidius wrote: »
    So far, we've seen Amy decide to stop playing the game and just be herself...and go home on the same day. We've seen Monica resign herself to go to the elimination...and go home on the same day. And now we've seen Tavis say that he's ready to go home. I guess we'll see if there's a trend or if this is an exception.

To be fair Amy's breakdown was kind of a big deal. I don't imagine it was included as some form of video editing foreshadowing, and I can't see how any editor could not include at least some mention of it.

I think Abby with a Redraw Ticket is a terrifying combination.

I agree that she is probably the artist to most benefit from the use of the ticket, as I think she would benefit most from sillier topics over straighter ones. For Maki and Katie though it doesn't seem like it'll be particularly useful to them unless they get a horrible topic they just don't like.

emarecksaykay
  • kilroy214kilroy214 Registered User regular
    Great episode. i enjoyed that.

A Concerned Citizen
    Nobody.

oB2vdx2.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    TinklesemarecksaykayA Concerned Citizen
  • MlemMlem Registered User new member
    The title of this episode left me very disappointed.

emarecksaykay
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Nobody.

You don't have to outrun a wild naked Jerry, just the other person.

Future Employee of Planetary Acquisitions, Inc.
    3DS FC: 0602-7345-3295, Bravely Second - level 99 Ba'al Buster ship
    Fire Emblem Fates: 07620-54245-25733-64527
    BlY4ui5.png
    zerzhullawragatajaremarecksaykayUNHchaboDexOZ
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    Knightmare wrote: »
    That game looked like a lot of fun...kinda want to pick that up.
    I wonder if sales will increase noticeably in the next few days.

I have a feeling that if came right down to it, I could. Can you imagine meeting one of those in the woods at night? I'd be terrified.

Spman2099A Concerned Citizenloflo