The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - A Jungle & Some Speed

• ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    I would also like to agree that the addition of more talking head segments, and also chatting around the tables while arting made this episode more fulfilling. We get a better feel for the people and their feelings, and it's good to see them arting more. If there was a DVD of the series with extra content, I'd love to see more of this stuff added from earlier on in the series.

One thing I'd really really love to see is the contents of those sketchbooks, but I doubt that the long distance camera shots really show them in good enough resolution.

There was a comment above about keeping the other artists in the house once eliminated, and I too thought that might be a fun idea, but if there was another series, I'd instead suggest giving the eliminated artists a shared space in their hotel (which I think they're staying at for the duration) - where they could play around and draw in each others notebooks and stuff. Add a couple cameras there too, and let us know what shenanigans and fun they get up to. I think this'd really make the series, as a couple of the early artists (Alex and Ty especially) are amazing, and would really benefit from more exposure on the show.

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
    navinieaA Concerned Citizen
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I love Jungle Speed! Or as my gaming group likes to call it, Jungle Buttplug, due to the... uh, er... shape of the totem.

Though I can't say I like the "hardcore" version of the rules they came up with. I think the game is best when you just place the totem in the middle in arms reach of everyone. Because at that distance split second reflexes and decisions play a huge part. Notice how there were basically zero mistaken grabs and no times the totem got knocked over on accident once they changed the rules. A huge part of the game to me is the risk between grabbing and not grabbing, how much do you trust that you saw a match?

Also it lets you do lots of fun things. I have one friend that likes to fake grab the second a card is flipped to try to get other people to grab when there is no match. This is of course hilarious when he has committed to a fake grab when a match of his card is actually being flipped. Or when his fake grab leads to him accidentally knocking the totem over (there is often alcohol involved).

Anyway, really, fun light game that is great for parties or killing time, and I would be very happy to see if this episode translated into some sales for the people who made it.

As for the episode itself, it was really neat to get some more insight into what everyone is thinking at the moment.

Spman2099A Concerned CitizenTrunkersrorymacleodNotaCylon
  • thehokiestpokeythehokiestpokey Registered User regular
    There is about 10 minutes of content in this 20 minute video. I hope they spend less time on the empty reality show trappings in the future.

duddlesmkameli
  • bigrickcookbigrickcook Dord of Lance? OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I can only hope that there are tons of extras on whatever DVD release this gets, because I'd absolutely love to see extended interviews and just "house hanging" from earlier days that matches somewhat the amount we got to see in this ep.

I've been a strong Katie supporter since the first elim, but I really have no idea who I want to win now. Everyone's just so genuinely awesome and funny.

http://panningforclouds.com
    Panning For Clouds, a writing blog dedicated to my fiction and writing columns! Updates at least twice a week.
    navinieaAnana11NotaCylon
  • CybexxCybexx Registered User regular
    This was a fun challenge to watch but I am missing the art challenges, it has been a while since they've done one. It feels like its on purpose because all the early elimination opponents were chosen based on the judge's feedback from the art challenges which meant the winners could lean heavily on that when choosing their elimination picks and remain very neutral.

Seems like the next challenge is based on signing signatures maybe?

duddles
  • lofloloflo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    parmeisan wrote: »
    Who can outrun a wild naked Jerry?
    I have a feeling that if came right down to it, I could. Can you imagine meeting one of those in the woods at night? I'd be terrified.

Someone needs to mod that slenderman game. You need to find eight PA strips before naked Jerry fucks with your head. Metaphorically speaking ... you hope.

I too very much enjoyed this ep. The positioning around the table was a little unfair, but it was a lot of fun to watch. Plus it's always interesting to hear the strippers thoughts on who's going to make it to the end. Hope Graham gets some sleep some time this week.

loflo on
    KazitronA Concerned CitizenDraggoth
  • ArgusDubbsArgusDubbs Registered User regular
    This was the first time we really got to see the reactions of the contestants to their fallen comrades. I hope we get to see more of that, i found it really interesting.

A Concerned Citizen
  • Dragon6860Dragon6860 Registered User regular
    Can I just say that I'm really surprised that the other artists aren't giving Abby more credit? She beat ERIKA! I mean...She took down the dragon, and people are still, "Well, I dunno..."

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

eWebXKX.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    NotaCylonmkameli
  • jacktionjacktion Registered User regular
    This episode was pretty bad. It was kind of hard to watch. Firstly, the game was really ill-conceived. Putting the totem on one side of the room gives the nearest person the advantage every time. It made the game really pointless and meaningless since it was inherently unfair. Who thought this up? You also need to leave the totem in the middle of the table so that the chance of it being knocked over is higher. That is a big part of the game that the producers did not think about.
    Secondly, it is not very fun to watch out of shape nerds play physical games. Isn't this supposed to be about art and drawing and skill? I haven't seen anyone draw for weeks. I don't know what the producers are thinking.
    Thirdly, even if these games were well thought out and used actual artistic skills and judgement, they are meaningless because the winner just chooses people randomly. Basically you get one "safe" person at random by playing these pointless games. Then they choose whoever hasn't gone or hasn't gone recently.
    If the game was designed correctly then the weakest artists would be put up to eliminate each other. But it is not. If the players were smart they would choose the strongest two each time so the competition was knocked out, but they are not. Instead we just get random. Random winners and random choices, and that makes the entire undertaking meaningless, and therefore takes away any reason to watch.
    You could just get 12 artists and randomly put them up in a series of comic face-offs until only one remains and it would have the same result. And that is not a bad idea. The only watchable part of this show is when they go to Mike and Jerry for the actual competition. Someone should just put those together in a playlist and you would have a decent product.

NavyBeanKalynarjebrexduddlesA Concerned CitizenYasmine TeethmkameliHiggen
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Can I just say that I'm really surprised that the other artists aren't giving Abby more credit? She beat ERIKA! I mean...She took down the dragon, and people are still, "Well, I dunno..."

Yeah, but they didn't see the elimination round-- they only saw the result. It could be that the other artists are thinking, "Well, Erika is probably dead; she probably had a heart attack and died, and now she is in a graveyard which is why Abby is in the house".

• wahaywahay Your Handicapped Hero Cincinnati, USARegistered User regular
    I was disappointed by this episode, to be honest. I love getting to know the contestants better, and I appreciate the good this episode brought. …But I don't know why this emphasis on individual reaction has happened now. This felt like the earlier episodes, before the series picked up speed. After all the anxiety and drawing challenges I guess I've been spoiled.

"Sorry ladies, I give my everything to Sallie Mae."
    My Artist Corner Thread • Everywhere I Post
    duddlesm3naceNotaCylon
  • papasmurfpapasmurf Registered User regular
    Not enough love for Maki in this episode. Seems to be underrated (relative to the other artists at least), so I hope he goes the distance.

NotaCylonJerms
  • elheberelheber Registered User regular
    I really want Abby to get put in another elimination round again... because I needs me some Abby comics!!!

thegreenmonkey
  • elheberelheber Registered User regular
    Next challenge: Signature Fax Machine?

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    I dug this episode. The vibe is so weird with so few people left now, though.

sig.gif
    A Concerned Citizen
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    lol...that extreme version is an accident waiting to happen...but it was hilarious!

A Concerned Citizen
  • KalynarKalynar Registered User regular
    @jacktion I disagree entirely. Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. I'm pretty sure I saw art in the previous episode. But thanks for letting us know the correct way to run a reality show on the internet.

My hands! My horrible human hands!
    monkeysigye5.jpg
    Spman2099A Concerned CitizenJoshEckValkirasPsykoma
  • KadiKadi Registered User regular
    Well, add me to the people who loved this episode. If it'd been an earlier one, I perhaps wouldn't have been as interested - but now that I'm invested in watching these particular people, I loved seeing them interact and talk about each other. I'd actually really love a bit a more of that. To me, what make this show so entertaining and good is that I really genuinely like every one of the contestants, and I love to see them so obviously liking each other.

I do hope that next season, they decide how they want to encourage who gets put up for elimination - do they want people to scheme about it, or do they want people to have an 'easy way out,' a way that will hurt the least feelings in the group? Truthfully, I liked it best when the winner could judge for themself who the worst at the challenge was, but there was no clear 'loser' (the skateboard, the booth). I've liked it the least when they got absolutely no info about how other people did (the drawing for tips challenge). I hope we see more of the former in the few remaining challenges.

A Concerned Citizen
  • sketchitysketchity Registered User regular
    please tell me, please tell me we are not going to be presented 20 minutes of signature signing. or anything related to signature signing. please.

i know we don't know yet but some of you people seem pretty sure and it is scaring the heck out of me. that anyone would find that at all interesting. why are people not revolting just at the possibility that this thing has degenerated into competitive signature signing as a spectator sport.

a clear message really needs to be sent now, while there is still time to edit any signature signing that might be in the episode down to 30 seconds or less. really lets take the poll before this episode airs, all in favor of the spectacle that is signature signing.... all in favor of the artists sitting around the table talking....

duddlesLampYasmine Teeth
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Really enjoyed this episode, nice to spend some more get to know you time with the contestants. Really interesting to just watch them hang out and interact.

Couple of comments on the game:
    - totally unfair to some, Tavis especially - such a potentially valuable prize, and really he was shafted by the table position. If that had been me I'd have been pretty pissed off.
    - was I the only one waiting for some broken toes? Bare feet, running and lots of wooden chair legs and room dividers = trip to the hospital.

NotaCylon
  • MuffinsMuffins Registered User regular
    Tavis: Cool Guy, Super Dad.

A Concerned CitizenSomeNorCalGuynot_tavis's_fatherSHertzberg
  • there'saforum?there'saforum? Registered User regular
    Tavis again sounded a little obnoxious talking about how he has something to come back to and that gives him strength etc... What, and these other people have nothing to come back to? You have to be married with children, you can't miss your extended family or pets or whatever? He keeps bringing up the family situation as if he really thinks it makes him special in some way.

A Concerned Citizennot_tavis's_father
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    I think the artists could be doing pretty much anything, and I could enjoy watching twenty minutes of it - but if Khoo is there and shouting at them as well? It'll be awesome.

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
    A Concerned CitizenNotaCylon
  • DemonicoreoDemonicoreo Registered User regular
    If they put Strip Search on dvd or blue ray, can we do it as a Kickstarter where one of the rewards is a version where we don't have to hear Lexxy talk about how great she is? I will gladly pay extra for this.

Good episode though and it makes me wonder if similar expounding has gone on for each of the eliminated. Never been happier to be rooting for Maki and Katie. Though Abby has only cemented my opinion of how awesome she is.

Fuck it. The vocal Lexxy fanatics are fucking pants on head retarded.
    A Concerned CitizenduddlesKnytestormeSHertzbergHalen
  • AmarylAmaryl Registered User regular
    hmm, I liked the episode.

But I do wonder, why you guys again chose to edit in the confessionals, then do the challenge, then do some more confessionals.

instead of the confessionals are weaved in amongst the challenge, like you did with the ping-pong episode of last week...

parmeisan
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Tavis again sounded a little obnoxious talking about how he has something to come back to and that gives him strength etc... What, and these other people have nothing to come back to? You have to be married with children, you can't miss your extended family or pets or whatever? He keeps bringing up the family situation as if he really thinks it makes him special in some way.

Wow. That's how he feels about his situation, when asked by an interviewer. At no point did he say "I'm better than them because I'm married." Get a grip, and some perspective.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    KalynarAnana11JoshEckAzaminoshoeboxjeddyValkirasJermsnot_tavis's_fatherMsDalfolofloPavio
  • JermsJerms Registered User regular
    I knew Maki would be the first to vault the couch. Would have put money on it. :D

ElbasunuJoshEckNotaCylon
    I'm holding out hope for a Strip Search Christmas Special that will see all of the artists reunited.

• DemonicoreoDemonicoreo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

It does make him special. You only have the slightest inkling of how special it makes him because you feel rage build within you as his special shines at you through the screen. The other artist do in fact have nothing to come back to because everyone and thing they know will be at Tavis's house awaiting his return so they can bask in the special rays of golden sun he shines. Resist all you want but one day you too shall stare with wonderment and drool as it hits you just how fantastic Tavis is. Even Robert Khoo gets rabid fan girl eyes when looking upon Tavis and it has been said that Kathleen has only ever smiled when looking upon Tavis.

Demonicoreo on
    Fuck it. The vocal Lexxy fanatics are fucking pants on head retarded.
    randomhumanJoshEckAzaminoValkirasnot_tavis's_father
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    sketchity wrote: »
    please tell me, please tell me we are not going to be presented 20 minutes of signature signing. or anything related to signature signing. please.

i know we don't know yet but some of you people seem pretty sure and it is scaring the heck out of me. that anyone would find that at all interesting. why are people not revolting just at the possibility that this thing has degenerated into competitive signature signing as a spectator sport.

a clear message really needs to be sent now, while there is still time to edit any signature signing that might be in the episode down to 30 seconds or less. really lets take the poll before this episode airs, all in favor of the spectacle that is signature signing.... all in favor of the artists sitting around the table talking....

Unfortunately, looking back at the "next time" clips you can see stacks of cards with what are pretty clearly signatures written on them, coupled with the commentary about the size of letter, it's pretty clearly signature signing. For what purpose, I can not even imagine. And I'm not going to stretch too hard to imagine it's something else -- remember when everyone was trying to come up with off-the-wall theories for how that the last elimination challenge wouldn't just be another round of ping pong?

Lamp on
  • Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Liked the episode. Chuckling throughout.

One thing that confused me was Tavis' attitude about being fine with going home. Aren't the eliminated people staying in a hotel while the 12 or 13 day contest is ongoing? Isn't he aware that you don't go home on the next flight after you're eliminated? Might as well win the whole thing if you're able.

Spman2099Azamino
  • JoshEckJoshEck Indianapolis, IN, USARegistered User regular
    "Probably have sex."

Yasmine Teethakzel
  • metdennmetdenn Registered User regular
    So, I think the last episode is an elim challenge with ALL the eliminated artists in the gallery.

kekrops_
  • LavidiusLavidius Registered User regular
    @metdenn Given what we've heard about there not being a winner yet, my assumption is that the show will proceed as normal until two people are left, and then some sort of semi-live finale will be conducted (either at PAX or just in the studio). But maybe they'll bring back everyone for the final elimination between the #2 and #3 people; that would be pretty cool...Or if all of the artists were involved in the final day's competition somehow.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The real star of Strip Search is obviously the house that they all live in. :O

also why so much chap stick?

tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • bigrickcookbigrickcook Dord of Lance? OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    One thing that confused me was Tavis' attitude about being fine with going home. Aren't the eliminated people staying in a hotel while the 12 or 13 day contest is ongoing? Isn't he aware that you don't go home on the next flight after you're eliminated? Might as well win the whole thing if you're able.

If I were to hazard a guess, being eliminated at least gives you access to your phone and the ability to commune with your people again, even if you're still stuck in the losers' suites. As a person recently transplanted from my family and friends for the better part of a year, I find that getting to talk to / see my people is a major part of staying sane and in positive spirits. For a guy like Tavis who is so obviously committed to his family that he's never been away from them longer than a few days, a week and a half could start to seem like an eternity.

bigrickcook on
    http://panningforclouds.com
    Panning For Clouds, a writing blog dedicated to my fiction and writing columns! Updates at least twice a week.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with this... Maybe they ran out of ideas? If so then I dread the challenges that will follow that one.

NARRATOR: Each artist will whack this watermelon with a baseball bat.
    KHOO: In your career as a web cartoonist, it's going to be really important for you to know how to effectively destroy a watermelon...
    LEXXY: Watermelon management isn't one of my strengths. I'm an illustrator, that's what I do--
    MAKI: I saw "The Untouchables" a bunch of times when I was a kid, so I feel like I've got an edge in this one. Not sure what that says about me.

Angry_SamoanNotaCylonLampYasmine TeethLavidiuslofloSpman2099Jurgm3nacesketchitywahayMontyRohdeAzaminoHanClinto
  • ValkirasValkiras Registered User regular
    Awesome ep. loved it.

• neofinalfight@yahoo.comneofinalfight@yahoo.com Registered User new member
    Nijhazer wrote: »

NARRATOR: Each artist will whack this watermelon with a baseball bat.
    KHOO: In your career as a web cartoonist, it's going to be really important for you to know how to effectively destroy a watermelon...
    LEXXY: Watermelon management isn't one of my strengths. I'm an illustrator, that's what I do--
    MAKI: I saw "The Untouchables" a bunch of times when I was a kid, so I feel like I've got an edge in this one. Not sure what that says about me.

Dude, now I really want to see that episode.

• KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    I'm okay with any episode that involves a lot of Khoo screentime.