The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - A Jungle & Some Speed

124»

• foofoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Best episode yet. Reality shows are about the people.

It's interesting to see how different everybody is, but that this point you can't help but want to root for them all.

Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Can I just say that I'm really surprised that the other artists aren't giving Abby more credit? She beat ERIKA! I mean...She took down the dragon, and people are still, "Well, I dunno..."
    Yes, yes, and very yes.

Can somebody here in the forums draw a panel with Jungle Jerry chasing Tavis?

foo on
    Spman2099GrahamS
  • TeeSeaJayTeeSeaJay Registered User regular
    I'm colorblind and have tried (and failed) to play that game before. I'd be resigned like Tavis and would have no chance of winning.

• MsDalfoMsDalfo Registered User new member
    edited May 2013
    The YouTube screencap looks like it's totally a spoiler, but it's not. Quit trollin' me, YouTube.

MsDalfo on
  • b0bb33z3rb0bb33z3r Registered User new member
    +10000 for Abby referencing Egyptian Rat Screw!

• seegruseegru Master of None St. PaulRegistered User regular
    Probably (ie MAYBE) have sex. Oh yeah, Tavis is married!

Tinkles
  • MontyRohdeMontyRohde Registered User regular
    I appreciated the effort to incorporate the contestants viewpoints more. I guess the only thing I can add is people don't seem to discussing the thoughts shared, aside from people noting Lexxy's appreciation of Abby's abilities. I'm not really sure what kind of commentary would get people talking. Strong opinions? Controversial viewpoints?

• Angry_SamoanAngry_Samoan Now with 20% more mange... Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Nijhazer wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say that I agree with this... Maybe they ran out of ideas? If so then I dread the challenges that will follow that one.

NARRATOR: Each artist will whack this watermelon with a baseball bat.
    KHOO: In your career as a web cartoonist, it's going to be really important for you to know how to effectively destroy a watermelon...
    LEXXY: Watermelon management isn't one of my strengths. I'm an illustrator, that's what I do--
    MAKI: I saw "The Untouchables" a bunch of times when I was a kid, so I feel like I've got an edge in this one. Not sure what that says about me.

I would love to see this episode. They could even bring Gallagher in as a special guest "celebrity" judge, although I'm using the term celebrity pretty loosely at this point. I'm sure they could get him to come on the show pretty cheap though...

Angry_Samoan on
    "The history of all sports is to cheat whenever possible."- Tony Kornheiser
  • Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    MontyRohde wrote: »
    I appreciated the effort to incorporate the contestants viewpoints more. I guess the only thing I can add is people don't seem to discussing the thoughts shared, aside from people noting Lexxy's appreciation of Abby's abilities. I'm not really sure what kind of commentary would get people talking. Strong opinions? Controversial viewpoints?

People make note of noteworthy things. The fact more talking heads were included has been discussed, but there wasn't really anything specific to talk about. At this point, I think the great majority of memorable lines will come from interactions with the PA crew, or Abby. Katie, Tavis, and Maki aren't really sound bite wizards. Lexxy's best stuff (that doesn't go pissing people off) comes from back-and-forth on the elimination stage.

• ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    Katie, Tavis, and Maki aren't really sound bite wizards.

Beard. Strategy.

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • rocketjohnrocketjohn Registered User new member
    parmeisan wrote: »
    rocketjohn wrote: »
    The next challenge could be faking the president's signature - see 21:55 on this video and compare to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Barack_Obama_signature.svg - also, the comment about "Are you sure this isn't going to get us arrested"....

Nah, I think @Candace was right when she said Oprah. How she knew that, I'll never know, but I paused the video in two places and it looks about perfect. I figure they have a few famous people, but she's the one we happened to get a glimpse of them judging. I wonder if @xdeathknightx is right that they have to memorize before drawing it, or whether a short time limit is plenty hard enough. And then they have to do it multiple times and remain consistent?

It does seem at first like forging signatures doesn't have much to do with drawing comics, but I think that someone who is good at multiple art styles, fast with a pen, and confident would do well here. Forging (er, insofar as I've played around with writing like other people) is all about planning the stroke and laying it down quickly. But you also have to break yourself out of how you're used to writing it yourself. Might be really interesting.

*coff*

• hazardousindexhazardousindex Registered User regular
    I think Maki is in love with Monica? Look at him around 4:20ish. Dude is smitten.

mkameli
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    parmeisan wrote: »
    The next challenge could be faking the president's signature - see 21:55 on this video and compare to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Barack_Obama_signature.svg - also, the comment about "Are you sure this isn't going to get us arrested"....

Nah, I think @Candace was right when she said Oprah. How she knew that, I'll never know, but I paused the video in two places and it looks about perfect. I figure they have a few famous people, but she's the one we happened to get a glimpse of them judging. I wonder if @xdeathknightx is right that they have to memorize before drawing it, or whether a short time limit is plenty hard enough. And then they have to do it multiple times and remain consistent?

It does seem at first like forging signatures doesn't have much to do with drawing comics, but I think that someone who is good at multiple art styles, fast with a pen, and confident would do well here. Forging (er, insofar as I've played around with writing like other people) is all about planning the stroke and laying it down quickly. But you also have to break yourself out of how you're used to writing it yourself. Might be really interesting.

*coff*

*grin*

I hope I'm equally right about the redraw tickets.

• mkamelimkameli Registered User new member
    Man, I was bored out of my mind by this episode. Ended up just skipping the "challenge" nonsense and going to the talking-head bits. Yaaawn.

• BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    For me Abby and Katie were the most entertaining in this ep so I was glad it was one of them who took gold.

Also loved hearing Katie and Lexxy give the youngster the props: "I know Abby has something that the rest of us can't touch" ... "I think Abby is a firecracker, I think she's a real fighter."

• mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I loved when they are talking about lexy not winning elimination challenge, and abby says well neither have i, but don't tell them. I had been thinking she hadn't won yet.

• mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    why did they not instantly see the hazard with the couch there. dumb producers

124»