Options

[Grim Dawn] Somehow even grimmer

1131415161719»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Myiagros wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I like this game, but man is it overly easy on the initial playthrough with two players co op.

I am debating whether I want to try to just grind through it once alone to unlock the next difficulty. Hmm.

Normal difficulty is easy, there is a checkbox for Veteran which increases health and damage of everything and makes the first play through much better.

I did that and my co-Pilot still deemed it too easy 😩

desc on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    The hardest part of the game is seeing things on the map.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Normal, and probably even Elite aren't going to be too hard.

The game does seem really endgame heavy and you'd have to really bork your character or rush through things to have trouble before then.

One of the problems is that if you do anything beyond the main quest you will out level the content.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The trick I used to make this game sufficiently difficult is having it be your first ARPG.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    If you have FG and it's not your first character, you can always buy a token and go directly to Elite or Ultimate. I usually hop around Normal to grab some devotion shrines, then head to Elite.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    If you have FG and it's not your first character, you can always buy a token and go directly to Elite or Ultimate. I usually hop around Normal to grab some devotion shrines, then head to Elite.

Yeah, new character for me usually is do Veteran/normal to the Burial Hill quest and devotion shrine to grab a couple pieces of gear and a skill point or two, then Crucible until about level 12 which gets another 3-5 devotion points, then rush Veteran until the end of Act 2. This should be about 15-17 Devotion points. Hop into FG to meet the three Witch-God factions, pick one and collect one of the movement skills. Then depending on the build, jump to Elite or continue through Veteran until strong enough to make the jump to Elite.

Experience potions (which I think you need to get to the Malmouth Resistance hideout in Ultimate?) are also great for blasting through the early game.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Finally beat the main campaign and hit 50.

Now to follow Ulgrim.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I love the company but low tech/fantasy city builders seem a dime a dozen. I wonder if there is an interesting twist or if they are just planning to execute at high level to differentiate. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info out yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

m!ttens on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well, it's a welcome change after all the "Gamesworkshop-inness" of Grim Dawn.

Things got too dark and filthy there.

Tho' I wish it had a card game spinoff. :P

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith