As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Carnage Heart EXA] Anyone else Playing CA?

SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
If you're not familiar, Carnage Heart EXA is a robot programming and battling game for psp/vita. You create programs by placing logic chips on a grid to form the robot's AI. There are also a bunch of choices for designing the hardware of your mechs including chassis, weapons, armor, and special option equipment.

I played the original on ps1 a bit and I liked it, but I did find it a little challenging to get into. I hadn't heard that its sequel, Carnage Heart EXA, was released for psp/vita and I just saw it whilst browsing through the vita store and I nearly jumped with joy!

I'm almost done with the lessons (the tutorial is looooooong but very very good) and have also been doing some extra battles in the arena. They made so many improvements in EXA. The chips are better and easier to understand, the diagonal chip directions makes designing programs so much better, and they've just added tons of options all around to make it easier to get your mechs doing what you want. There's also manual input during the tutorials to help you ease into getting your robots fully automated.

So far I'm really enjoying it and I have to say: If you've got any interest in programming, this is the game for you! I think it'd also make a great introduction to programming concepts so it could be a great way to get started.

Anyone else playing it?

bnet: Supagoat#1884
Switch: 6589-6405-3399