Options

[Man of Steel] & Iron Man 3 & The Wolverine &...

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Kevin Feige will not stop until he has hired every actor named Chris

all I'm saying is I think Chris Pine would make a great Iron Fist

Chris Egan would make a better one

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Checking Christopher Lloyd's IMDB revealed that he recently played a character named Lars in a movie called "Excuse Me for Living."

He looked like this:

larss.jpg

I'm debating turning it into a sig. It wouldn't be my first Christopher Lloyd sig.

Edit: Better pic!

lars2eu.jpg

Lars on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Checking Christopher Lloyd's IMDB revealed that he recently played a character named Lars in a movie called "Excuse Me for Living."

He looked like this:

larss.jpg

I'm debating turning it into a sig. It wouldn't be my first Christopher Lloyd sig.

Edit: Better pic!

lars2eu.jpg

This looks like it might be amazing.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Also, Aziz is totally right, he needs to be in a Marvel movie, and I can't think of any Indian superheroes, which is weird.

There's a supervillain, Commcast. Or Black Box, I think he also went by.

I... I know this isn't right, but they could use him in Iron Man 4 as Black Box, the supervillain tech support.

"Yes, sir, have you tried rebooting your Hammertech Mark II power armor? Yes, sir, I realise War Machine is shooting at you, but if you could just land, sir. Sir, sir, there is no reason for yelling at me. Oh, you are on fire, I apologize."

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I love Christopher Lloyd but, I mean

He's 74

Maybe someone younger? Better physique?

Unless you're just suggesting a David Prowse/James Earl Jones situation here
    that is exactly what I'm suggesting

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    or just take a white marvel character and make him indian

or make a new character

• Options
    this is randy's impression of gettin' his dick sucked at the avengers' mansion

oh cool the butler is a talkin comput WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Okay, having watched the video, I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Also, Aziz is totally right, he needs to be in a Marvel movie, and I can't think of any Indian superheroes, which is weird. I know of Chinese heroes, Japanese heroes, Russian heroes, and even a couple of Vietnamese heroes, but I can't think of any Indians. I guess there's Kavita Rao, but she's not a superhero, really.

Indian Spider-Man?

An Indian version of a superhero doesn't count as an Indian superhero, at least in my opinion.

I had this exact debate last year on the boards around C2E2.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    once I was in this restaurant and my buddy was trying to have a conversation and I was all SHUT UP

thor is in this restaurant and I have to hear every single word he says

• Options
    wait I got it

Publicist for the Avengers

• Options
    there should really be a stand up special where comedians are told to develop sets as if they lived in the actual marvel universe

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    just call my dick mjolnir cause thor's the only one who can get it up

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it's actually a real problem

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    just call my dick mjolnir cause thor's the only one who can get it up

this speaks to me

• Options
    when I'm watching footage of the battle of new york I like to edit it so my face is on the heads of the avengers

except for thor

he looks cool

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    A co-worker of mine ran into Chris Hemsworth a little while ago

As in literally ran into him while rushing out of a store

Hemsworth is so built my co-worker bounced off of him and landed on his ass.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

or make a new character

I was just thinking is all

Marvel should tell their writers like hey, the next time you're making a new hero, think about making him Indian

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    there should really be a stand up special where comedians are told to develop sets as if they lived in the actual marvel universe

Ooh, I like this idea. Maybe a joke about why on Earth the comic chooses to live in New York. (Answer: Because during a major catastrophe, you'd rather be smack dab in the middle of superhero central, instead of Bumfuck, Alaska where most superheroes couldn't even find on a map)

EDIT: And what the hell is up with Thor? Seriously, what kind of viking god doesn't have a huge beard?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    A co-worker of mine ran into Chris Hemsworth a little while ago

As in literally ran into him while rushing out of a store

Hemsworth is so built my co-worker bounced off of him and landed on his ass.

I love all the stuff Whedon says about him in the Avengers commentary.

• Options

or make a new character

I was just thinking is all

Marvel should tell their writers like hey, the next time you're making a new hero, think about making him Indian

I mean, they were on the right track with the new Green Lantern, but Simon Baz is pretty cliched at times.

I would love a superhero who just happens to be Indian. His name can be Steve Singh and born in Kansas.

He doesn't need to be a stereotypical indian where he's from a family of doctors or cabbies or whatever. Just have an Indian hero.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    also isnt New Green Lantern half Lebanese and half white?

• Options
    Yeah and he grew up in Detroit on 9/11 so he got picked on and harassed a lot.

It's interesting because it shows him overcoming fear by overcoming cultural fear is interesting, but they don't do much with it after the writers reveal that.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

"Forget trying to find an Australian super hero, just sic our wildlife on the bad guys"

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

He looked like this:

larss.jpg

Lloyd looks like he's channeling Jeremy Irons in this picture.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    And I have just learned that Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are on Netflix.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    So we are getting Man of Steel and a new Kanye West album in the same week

Potential best week of my life? Possibly

I got new star trek and new LL Cool J in the same week

so yeah, this is a pretty good year

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    The best thing about Iron Man 3 is
    That Tony Stark beats the bad guy by throwing money at him until he explodes

That is the best description of the ending I've ever heard, and it made me laugh.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Offhand, I know he did a little voice work in the Pagemaster, though he had a live action role there too.

Rasputin from Anastasia.

Also, the villain from that duck tales movie.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Apparently the first half of the first episode of the new Avengers Assemble toon is up on iTunes, I'm checking it out now. Not terribly hopeful, though.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Pretty convincing and SPOILER FILLED argument about the nature of Captain America: The Winter Soldier's plot.

The short, ALSO POTENTIALLY SPOILER FILLED, version:
    It seems to be based on the old miniseries Nick Fury vs. SHIELD and focuses around SHIELD being infiltrated(in the comic it was by advanced LMDs) and Nick Fury, who discovers it, being branded a rogue agent and forced to go on the run. Cap, Falcon and Widow are brought in to hunt him down. Obviously they change sides eventually

The LMDs were built by Arnim Zola in NFvS and we have a confirmation he is returning so it is possible Winter Soldier is either Bucky souped up with LMD tech or a full-on Bucky LMD.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_mn4ibvZKaF1qcijnto1_1280.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that Joker is amazing

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    It's good, but I know the blues are always lurking. It's my job to stop 'em from darkening into blacks. Yours, too, if you've got it. It's workable, and once you realize it's a visitor that comes around every now and then, and you can wink at it and welcome it before you send it away for awhile? You'll be okay.

yep

this is my favorite person

• Options
    'cause I was interested in how Vulcan got to be Emperor of the Shi'ar, I picked up Emperor Vulcan awhile back (overpayed for a pretty beat up copy; I wasn't too happy) and got kind of a middling story that didn't really explain anything.

I later learned I needed to pickup X-Men: Deadly Genesis and Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. Deadly Genesis was alright, though I was a bit spoiled by knowing who the mystery character was ahead of time. Also it had a lot more of the "Professor X is a total asshole"-ness that I'm not huge on. I'm surprised to learn this was Vulcan's first appearance. I figured he was an older character than 2006.

Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar empire was pretty fun space epic though. The two books together made a pretty great build-up (I just wish I didn't already know where they were heading!); and I'll need to re-read Emperor Vulcan now that I know what the hell is going on.

Also read Iron Man: Extremis, which was.. kinda lame, to be honest. I didn't like it at all. Interesting to see how
    Iron Man 3
    utilized (or didn't utilize) components of the story.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The elements in Extremis that got used through Invincible Iron Man were some of the best futurism in comics

God do I love Invincible Iron Man

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I rented Avengers a couple nights ago just because I wanted to watch it again.

It is still fucking amazing.

I need to own that movie.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Deadly Genesis sucks but I like Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar quite a bit.

That and Mike Carey's Supernovas was the embryonic stage of this current golden age of x-books.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Deadly Genesis sucks but I like Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar quite a bit.

That and Mike Carey's Supernovas was the embryonic stage of this current golden age of x-books.

was that the one with the crazy people living in the ship that was in the future or something, and they fucked up northstar and aurora and made them attack the x-men?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    You are conflating 2 different stories from that Mike Carey run but yes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I read it over half a decade ago while I worked nights at a convenience store, sorry

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.