Options

[Man of Steel] & Iron Man 3 & The Wolverine &...

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Pretty convincing and SPOILER FILLED argument about the nature of Captain America: The Winter Soldier's plot.

The short, ALSO POTENTIALLY SPOILER FILLED, version:
    It seems to be based on the old miniseries Nick Fury vs. SHIELD and focuses around SHIELD being infiltrated(in the comic it was by advanced LMDs) and Nick Fury, who discovers it, being branded a rogue agent and forced to go on the run. Cap, Falcon and Widow are brought in to hunt him down. Obviously they change sides eventually

The LMDs were built by Arnim Zola in NFvS and we have a confirmation he is returning so it is possible Winter Soldier is either Bucky souped up with LMD tech or a full-on Bucky LMD.

That one video is so creepy
    The maybe LMD agents

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Okay, having watched the video, I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Also, Aziz is totally right, he needs to be in a Marvel movie, and I can't think of any Indian superheroes, which is weird. I know of Chinese heroes, Japanese heroes, Russian heroes, and even a couple of Vietnamese heroes, but I can't think of any Indians. I guess there's Kavita Rao, but she's not a superhero, really.

I have no clue who he coud play.
    Maybe one of the GLA or swingers

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Aziz could play Scarlet Spider/Kaine

Ulises Farinas is going to draw a Judge Dredd story
    http://ulisesfarinas.com/2013/04/28/judge-dredd-by-douglas-wolk-ulises-farinas/

and Gamma, his story about notPokemon and notPowerRangers and the apocalypse is getting released as a standalone printing in July.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    What? No, Aziz is a tiny, tiny man.

Like not even if he gets all swole he is 5'6 and sounds like he gulped down some helium. RDJ, who is like a whole head shorter than the rest of the Avengers and wears lifts is 3 inches taller than him.

I think he could play a superhero, not sure which one, but Scarlet Spider? Hell nah.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Aziz Ansari would really be best off playing a non-powered civilian role which utilized his comedic talents.

Something like a publicist for the Avengers would be fantastic.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    "Hey Steve. We just got some testing back and we're gonna have to town down the whole American angle. It isn't playing very well internationally."
    "What? No, I'm Captain America."
    "Can't you just be the First Avenger? PLEEEEEEEEEESE???"

Zonugal on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Aziz Ansari would be best in the MCU

by not appearing in it at all ever in any capacity thank you good night tip your waitress

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Aziz Ansari would really be best off playing a non-powered civilian role which utilized his comedic talents.

Something like a publicist for the Avengers would be fantastic.
    Joolander wrote: »
    wait I got it

Publicist for the Avengers

• Options
    Screw the Avengers, I want a film about this superhero team.

humangiant.jpeg

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    That guy in the middle don't look Russian at all, bro.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Aziz Ansari IS

Cosmo

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Somehow never seen Big Trouble in Little China before, all I knew about it was that Kurt Russell played a trucker and beat people up.

Watching it now.

Holy shit.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh that's a magical movie

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Oh that's a magical movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ezMECY5rd8

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I like it, but it's no Buckaroo Bonzai.

I'd say it's the least of the great quotable movies of the 80s. Considering the company it keeps, though, that ain't much of an insult.
    (Also, as great as the basic 'Jack Burton is a loudmouthed jerk, Wang Chi is the real protagonist' bit is, it's hurt a little by Burton killing the big bad.)

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    aziz ansari is rick jones

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Somehow never seen Big Trouble in Little China before, all I knew about it was that Kurt Russell played a trucker and beat people up.

Watching it now.

Holy shit.

It happens to star the most American character ever put to film.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    I like it, but it's no Buckaroo Bonzai.

What?

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Pretty convincing and SPOILER FILLED argument about the nature of Captain America: The Winter Soldier's plot.

The short, ALSO POTENTIALLY SPOILER FILLED, version:
    It seems to be based on the old miniseries Nick Fury vs. SHIELD and focuses around SHIELD being infiltrated(in the comic it was by advanced LMDs) and Nick Fury, who discovers it, being branded a rogue agent and forced to go on the run. Cap, Falcon and Widow are brought in to hunt him down. Obviously they change sides eventually

The LMDs were built by Arnim Zola in NFvS and we have a confirmation he is returning so it is possible Winter Soldier is either Bucky souped up with LMD tech or a full-on Bucky LMD.

That one video is so creepy
    The maybe LMD agents

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Curious what Zod's deal is in Man of Steel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NlOF03DUoWc

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Superman drowning in skulls...

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Superman drowning in skulls...

that was certainly a sequence in a trailer for the upcoming superhero movie man of steel

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just a weird dream sequence or something?

Because um yeah

that was a thing

• Options
    There's a couple of panels from a Sandman sidestory where Despair talks to Rao, Krypton's sun, about the absolute perfect beauty of life born on an unstable world, doomed to die, and there being a single survivor

I can't post it though

Despair don't never wear no clothes

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    it doesn't count as nudity if it's an immortal manifestation of a concept

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    ship at 0:49 and 1:05
    sure looks like a Reaper.

• Options
    what if the concept is nudity?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

:|

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    anyone else think it was weird how the ultimate incarnation of human pain and suffering was being an ugly fat chick

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i still think zack snyder's superman looks more like wolverine than he does superman

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am not impressed by anything I have seen for this new Superman movie at all.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    This Zod reminds me a bit of Darkseid from the animated series. I can totally imagine Zod saying something like: "Had I known one human's death would pain you so, I would have killed more. And kill more I shall."

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    anyone else think it was weird how the ultimate incarnation of human pain and suffering was being an ugly fat chick

I saw it, with all the mirrors in her own personal realm and her habitual self-harm, as a manifestation of the sadness and depressing judgements we're subjected to emotionally and physically based on the most shallow reasons especially our looks.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh man the new MoS trailer makes me giddy to see the crazy power level fights.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

I saw it, with all the mirrors in her own personal realm and her habitual self-harm, as a manifestation of the sadness and depressing judgements we're subjected to emotionally and physically based on the most shallow reasons especially our looks.

Yeah

This was kind of the Endless's whole deal

The original Despair wasn't even so down on herself, she kind of reveled in sadness, liked her a good cry

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

:|

What's wrong?

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Aside from the fact that it looks nothing like a Reaper aside from being very large?

Who cares if it looks like a Reaper?

sarukun on
  • Options
    Aside from fanfiction writers, I mean.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Well, the whole "large legs supporting a bit on top" thing is reminiscent of Reapers

It's also reminiscent of most other science fiction ships too, but I don't think anyone really "cares" that much, it was just an observation

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Oh man the new MoS trailer makes me giddy to see the crazy power level fights.

Yeah I uhh

kind of want to see Superman punch a Reaper now

Also something about the music for the first half of the trailer was pretty cool. Felt like good bad guy music.

This discussion has been closed.