Options

[Man of Steel] & Iron Man 3 & The Wolverine &...

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Aside.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Aziz Ansari is Scott Lang

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

It's nice to see that there will be action in this one... though I'm not too sure about that Army of Two skull helmet Zod is sporting.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    wow Man of Steel looks good

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    It's a little girl cosplaying.

As Stan Lee.

fmPtIRB.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How is zack Snyder appearing to make a competent superman movie.

I honestly started off super(!) blasé about it but I am getting more and more excited about it (other than that one scene with his dad which I do not like)

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

I honestly started off super(!) blasé about it but I am getting more and more excited about it (other than that one scene with his dad which I do not like)

Which one?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    remember how the Watchmen trailer looked decent

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i dont even get how people are being sold by the trailer other than "punching stuff" and even then plenty of other superhero/action movies have punching stuff

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular

Awe... don't jinx it D:

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I'm still guessing that Kal-El was sent away because he wasn't genetically engineered and that his ship contains the technology that could be used to rebuild Krypton.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Watchmen's under-rated.
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i dont even get how people are being sold by the trailer other than "punching stuff" and even then plenty of other superhero/action movies have punching stuff

It has more interesting things in the trailer than punching Zod in the face. That said, people want to know that this time Superman is going to be involved with violent fight scenes.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Which one?
    The bit where Clark asks him if should let them die to protect his identity and he says, "I don't know, maybe?"

I like Jonathan kent as Clark's moral compass and you could say that scene humanizes him, you might be right. But I don't like seeing him tell Clark the Wrong Thing To Do.

• Options

It looks like Zod is going to be fun and I like the way they presented superman in the last trailer.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Which one?
    The bit where Clark asks him if should let them die to protect his identity and he says, "I don't know, maybe?"

I like Jonathan kent as Clark's moral compass and you could say that scene humanizes him, you might be right. But I don't like seeing him tell Clark the Wrong Thing To Do.

I feel like there's more to that conversation than those two lines though

• Options
    Hopefully.

But I do not like it in the trailer.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

Trailer. He's made a competent superman trailer. You know what else had a good trailer? Watchmen.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't even think these trailers are good, and Snyder always has good trailers!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    dang it Tube quit stealing my talking points

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    That new trailer is a lot more of what people were afraid of from a Superman movie after Nolan's Batman stuff, and I understand being a bit put off by it

But man, that second trailer... it just hit all the right notes

So I'm going to remain optimistic!

At the very least, what I have seen so far is giving me far more reason to be hopeful than a Zack Snyder/David Goyer Superman movie should. I'd say that's worth something

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    The trailers have me interested enough that I'll probably end up seeing it, hoping it'll be good.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    people really wanting to hate man of steel are more irksome than either the bad parts of the trailers or zach snyder's bad movies

though really, anyone writing off the movie as terrible and dark based on a trailer designed specifically to sell the villain as a big deal is being kind of silly.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    because the trailers trying to sell superman are super optimistic and light.

and snyder has nothing to do with the trailers, that's marketing.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I actually think it's going to be pretty good, but the trailers don't have much to do with that because what the fuck could you ever tell from a trailer. I liked Returns too.

• Options

Which one?

Huh, which trailer was that in? I don't think I've seen it.

• Options
    I totally though that those horns were the start of the Imperial March in that latest trailer.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I absolutely adore the music in trailer 3, especially when the percussion kicks up.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Watchmen's under-rated.

It really isn't.

It wasn't very good.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited May 2013

Which one?

I am 95% sure they edited the conversation to sound that way, on purpose.

Trailers are very deceptive, sometimes.

Goatmon on

• Options
    you can tell a lot from a trailer, tube

most of it has to be inferred though, since you gotta parse through whatever message marketing is trying to sell you

and then there are still great movies with shit trailers you gotta contend with

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Holy shit that new trailer

I am approaching maximum hype levels

• Options
    Also I liked Watchmen

It's got issues

But I still really enjoy it

• Options
    By the way, I enjoyed Watchmen well enough.

Parts of it, anyway.

Character-wise, it was mostly spot on. I thought everybody except, I guess, Laurie and Ozy, were about as accurate as you could expect anyone to get. Especially Rorschach, who was perfect.

In a lot of ways, though, the movie missed a lot of beats and overlooked the entire point of certain sequences, and executed a lot of stuff really poorly.

Overall it wasn't that bad. It just wasn't very good, either.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Superman drowning in skulls...

that was certainly a sequence in a trailer for the upcoming superhero movie man of steel

Hell yes it was
    sarukun wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that it looks nothing like a Reaper aside from being very large?

Who cares if it looks like a Reaper?

Honestly my mind went to Reaper first too

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Man of Steel looks boring

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Also that didn't really look like a reaper.

Looked like a big drill, if anything.

• Options
    you can tell a lot from a trailer, tube

most of it has to be inferred though, since you gotta parse through whatever message marketing is trying to sell you

and then there are still great movies with shit trailers you gotta contend with

You basically just said "you can tell a lot from a trailer but not really"

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    By the way, I enjoyed Watchmen well enough.

Parts of it, anyway.

Character-wise, it was mostly spot on. I thought everybody except, I guess, Laurie and Ozy, were about as accurate as you could expect anyone to get. Especially Rorschach, who was perfect.

In a lot of ways, though, the movie missed a lot of beats and overlooked the entire point of certain sequences, and executed a lot of stuff really poorly.

Overall it wasn't that bad. It just wasn't very good, either.

If he'd done like, five things differently it would have been great. Unfortunately one of those things was "Casting The Antagonist" which it turns out is kind of a big deal.

• Options
    I'm telling you

Aaron Eckhart as Ozymandias

It'd have been perfect

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough my most hated part about Watchmen is a really tiny bit

The fact that he gave Manhattan's "Nothing ever ends." line to Laurie who delivers it as a quick throwaway.

That single line is so goddamn important to both Manhattan and Ozymandias' characters and where they are at the end of the story and whoops nope totally fuck it up

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.