Options

[Man of Steel] & Iron Man 3 & The Wolverine &...

12357100

Posts

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That... would have been really good yeah.

  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I really didn't like Ozy.

    I just felt like his dialogue was not delivered very well.

    Also yeah, Eckhart would have been perfect as Manhattan.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Wait what

    As Manhattan...?

  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Oh I misread the post. :P

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think most of the casting was pretty dang good honestly

    Haley fucking killed it as Rorschach and Wilson and Crudup did pretty respectable jobs too

    Oh and Jeffrey Dean Morgan was incredible as the Comedian. Right up there with Haley.

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I remember not really liking his delivery during the Superhero meeting bit, but otherwise I don't really remember how he was throughout the film. I really need to rewatch that sometime and get a fresher look at the movie.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I didn't even have a problem with Goode's performance honestly

    He did his best

    But the dude just ain't Ozymandias

  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well

    Trying hard is all well and good but it ain't community theater

    Dude still sucked as Ozymandias, even if that is more of the casting director's fault

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    There were a lot more wrong with Watchman that just Ozy.

    Stills of the movie look amazing. Which as a comic book movie I suppose is neat. But it's not a comic book and it was boring.

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I didn't even have a problem with Goode's performance honestly

    He did his best

    But the dude just ain't Ozymandias

    He did a german accent

  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    really loving the casting of Zod

    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tube wrote: »
    I didn't even have a problem with Goode's performance honestly

    He did his best

    But the dude just ain't Ozymandias

    He did a german accent

    what what what

    that desu is before the rest of your post

    edit: oh no

    desus don't show up in quotes!

    Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I enjoyed Superman Returns

    It was a pretty fun movie

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Nogs wrote: »
    really loving the casting of Zod

    Michael Shannon owns

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I enjoyed Superman Returns

    It was a pretty fun movie

    calling the police on this peeper

    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Seriously I think Superman Returns is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. NOTHING about the movie is fun, exciting, or thrilling. Spacey chewed the scenery in the worst possible way and his villain plan was beyond illogical, Brandon Routh was a poor mans Christopher Reeve, horrible child subplot, everything. And Superman gets his ass kicked by Kumar for fucks sake.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Seriously I think Superman Returns is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. NOTHING about the movie is fun, exciting, or thrilling. Spacey chewed the scenery in the worst possible way and his villain plan was beyond illogical, Brandon Routh was a poor mans Christopher Reeve, horrible child subplot, everything. And Superman gets his ass kicked by Kumar for fucks sake.

    The plane rescue sequence was great.

  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Seriously I think Superman Returns is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. NOTHING about the movie is fun, exciting, or thrilling. Spacey chewed the scenery in the worst possible way and his villain plan was beyond illogical, Brandon Routh was a poor mans Christopher Reeve, horrible child subplot, everything. And Superman gets his ass kicked by Kumar for fucks sake.

    The plane rescue sequence was great.

    I guess but it had a scene were Lois gets thrown on the side of the plane which should have killed a normal person. And why was she so anti-Superman again? Because he left her or something?

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Seriously I think Superman Returns is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. NOTHING about the movie is fun, exciting, or thrilling. Spacey chewed the scenery in the worst possible way and his villain plan was beyond illogical, Brandon Routh was a poor mans Christopher Reeve, horrible child subplot, everything. And Superman gets his ass kicked by Kumar for fucks sake.

    The plane rescue sequence was great.

    I guess but it had a scene were Lois gets thrown on the side of the plane which should have killed a normal person. And why was she so anti-Superman again? Because he left her or something?

    well I mean when your baby-daddy goes out for a pack of smokes and then doesn't come back you may harbor some negative feelings

    especially when you marry Cyclops

    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    cyclops just can not get a fucking break

  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh and Superman Returns was basically responsible for us getting Brett Ratner's X-men 3. So there's that lovely distinction.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    has there ever been any superman media where the big blue boy scout takes hits, redirects them/blocks them, and restrains bad guys using his strength and other powers rather than just hitting them

    because i'd be impressed by a superman that can save lives and beat bad guys without having to throw a single punch

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I don't think Dean Cain Superman threw very many punches (only things that come to mind are times when he had no powers, or times when he was fighting other Kryptonians or Metallo).

    He used his heat vision and cold breath a hell of a lot though.

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    has there ever been any superman media where the big blue boy scout takes hits, redirects them/blocks them, and restrains bad guys using his strength and other powers rather than just hitting them

    because i'd be impressed by a superman that can save lives and beat bad guys without having to throw a single punch

    Superman vs the elite

    The final fight is the most superman thing ever

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    raddddddd

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure he throws a few punches but he majority is him actually being smart superman and using all his resources

    It's on Netflix go watch it! Or at least the lag fight on youtube

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    no tengo netflix

    i'll ch-ch-check out the fight later

  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    there's still a hollywood video near where you live, anti?

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Man

    Superman getting shot in the eyeball and then him and his attacker watching the crushed-ass bullet fall to the ground is still one of my favorite scenes in any superhero movie. Just the way they look at each other afterward

    (I haven't seen that movie since it was in theaters)

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Man

    Superman getting shot in the eyeball and then him and his attacker watching the crushed-ass bullet fall to the ground is still one of my favorite scenes in any superhero movie. Just the way they look at each other afterward

    (I haven't seen that movie since it was in theaters)

    That scene was also pretty good I guess, that and the plane sequence. But otherwise the movie was so, so bad.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Dean Cain was the definitive Superman

  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    That henchman was hardcore as shit

    You just unloaded enough .50 cal rounds to cut an apartment complex in half directly into this guy's chest and it doesn't do shit. Your gun kills itself before doing so much as discomfiting him. So what do you do?

    Apparently you pull out your 9mm and walk up to the guy, put the barrel against his eyeball, and pull the trigger.

    Because your stones are so damn big

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Dean Cain was the definitive Superman

    Nope, it's Chris Reeve. And here's the proof

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    So I read Superman Birthright again. It's still pretty good.

  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Dean Cain was the definitive Superman

    Nope, it's Chris Reeve. And here's the proof

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

    Nah, I prefer the "Clark Kent is who I am, Superman is what I can do" interpretation of Superman, which Dean Cain had in spades.

    Christopher Reeves was the "Superman is who I am, Clark Kent is my disguise" interpretation.

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't think acting like a nebbish is quite the acting feat that it's given credit for.

    Also watch that scene and his reactions again on the assumption that he's using x ray vision to look at Lois Lane's minge. It fits perfectly.

  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Realtalk though that moment of him becoming superman is pretty great.

  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    That henchman was hardcore as shit

    You just unloaded enough .50 cal rounds to cut an apartment complex in half directly into this guy's chest and it doesn't do shit. Your gun kills itself before doing so much as discomfiting him. So what do you do?

    Apparently you pull out your 9mm and walk up to the guy, put the barrel against his eyeball, and pull the trigger.

    Because your stones are so damn big

    It is a fantastic piece of henchmen logic.

    "Maybe nobody's ever shot Superman in the eyeball before. If I ever fight him, that's what I'm gonna try."

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    there's still a hollywood video near where you live, anti?

    nyet

    the only actual video rental store turned into the fifth auto parts store in town

    seriously

    it is ridiculous how many auto parts stores there are around here

    there's a redbox at the walgreens but ehh doubtful

This discussion has been closed.