Options

[Man of Steel] & Iron Man 3 & The Wolverine &...

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I actually really like the idea of Donald Glover playing Spidey. Sorry if that's like a super hipster thing to say. There's literally no way it could be any worse than that last shower of horseshit.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Garfield was a good Spider-Man, and the complaints I'd have about his movie arent related to him, but rather the writing or direction. He was much more convincing than Tobey friggin Maguire as both Peter and Spidey, frankly.

But yeah, I'd be happy with Don Glover as Spider-Man too, and I don't care if they recast Peter with him or if they felt like using him as Miles Morales for whatever reason.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Donald Glover would be a perfectly great Spider-Man,

but Danny Pudi's got the build for it.

• Options
    i still can't believe Danny Pudi is 34

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

He's a Time Lord.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »

He's a Time Lord.

look out! blogons!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Aziz ansari for spidey

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I was totally on board with DonG lover as Peter a couple years back

And I still maintain that Peter is role that ought to be open to all races

But I feel like he missed his chance

By the time the movie came out, he'd be too old

Too old to play a high schooler, anyway, and adult Peter is something that should be built too

Jimothy on
  • Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    Aziz ansari for spidey

this is a worse idea than daniel way and steven dillon doing thunderbolts

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Marvel does a Death of Spider-Man movie and then reboots with a Miles Morales movie.

• Options
    RobbieOCRobbieOC Snork Juice Pawnee, INRegistered User regular
    All I want is Spider-Man showing up in Avengers 2 just like, "hey guys, can I help, too?" just completely out of nowhere, and the rest of the Avengers just kind of look at each other and then shrug.

Then Spidey and Cap get stuck underground together like in that EMH episode and become best bros. And then Spidey saves the day because Thanos doesn't take him serious as a threat.

Spider-Man is awesome.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Aziz ansari for Deadpool

I

don't know if I'm joking.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    "So where were you last time we were fighting off an alien invasion, kid?"

"I was busy catching rubble and pulling people to safety because somebody kept dropping giant dead space whales on my city. Why, what were you guys doing?"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steve Rogers is in the gym, benching some huge weights while giving Spider-Man a speech about power and responsibility

Peter picks up the weight, casually twirls it around on his index finger while making a quip about hearing something like that before

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

"I was busy catching rubble and pulling people to safety because somebody kept dropping giant dead space whales on my city. Why, what were you guys doing?"

Thanos stands above the defeated bodies of the Avengers, smirking in assured victory.

A lone shadow steps forward from the smoke.

"Who dares challenge I, the powerful Thanos?"

"The name's Spiderman. Original character. Do not steal."

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Spiderman takes off his mask to reveal that his eyes are two different colors.

He pulls out his wand, made from the Lizard's bones, who turned out to be not a lizard at all, but was in fact a dragon.

Thanos' smirk fades as Peter Parker utters the words that will seal his fate

"Kaio-ken times ten!"

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Aziz ansari for spidey

Please

Good actors only

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I need to keep calm and my expectations tempered because holy shit Marvel getting the live action rights back for Spidey is making me absolutely giddy.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    As for how to handle the movie..

Urph.. that'd totally throw their scheduling into wack.. Hard to get a Dr. Strange or Black Panther movie off the ground when you're kinda required to make new Spider-Man films..

But beyond that, I'd prefer if they just do an Incredible Hulk "Five minutes in the intro to recap backstory" thing. I imagine Mavel would pick a new face for Peter, likely one who's willing to work for cheap.

One question is if Sony could sell the rights to someone other than Marvel, in which case we'd be in for a fun ride. I could see Fox jumping at the bit to add some more legitimacy to their own cinematic universe.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    "Hey guys, I know the Avengers just came out and gave comic movies a huge push when Spider-man is already a major presence, and that Skyfall got like double the Box Office of the second-highest grossing Bond film, but I think it'd be great if we sold Spider-man and 007."

I wonder if the other board members were able to keep the "deer in headlights" look from creeping over their faces as the big-time investor pitched his proposal.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    So I read Superman Birthright again. It's still pretty good.

Its alright but I don't really care for its Luthor.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have to imagine if Marvel suddenly got the Spider-Man movie rights back, there would be sudden script changes to Avengers 2.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Aziz ansari for spidey

Ben Schwartz for Eddie Brock.

• Options
    Fugitive wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

Thanos stands above the defeated bodies of the Avengers, smirking in assured victory.

A lone shadow steps forward from the smoke.

"Who dares challenge I, the powerful Thanos?"

"The name's Spiderman. Original character. Do not steal."

Spider-Man was actually instrumental in the first death of Thanos, so there's precedent here.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Seriously though, why does everyone case about Aziz "The Worst Part of Parks and Rec" Ansari playing a superhero all of a sudden?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    make Raimi MCU canon

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Patton Oswalt for Doc Oc.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    make Raimi MCU canon

No.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Seriously though, why does everyone case about Aziz "The Worst Part of Parks and Rec" Ansari playing a superhero all of a sudden?
    Because not everyone shares your view of Aziz Ansari?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    make Raimi MCU canon

JK Simmons as JJJ at the very least.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

because he said in an interview that he'd like to be in a Marvel movie but Marvel doesn't have any Indian superheroes (which is true)

also I don't think most people agree that he's terrible

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    make Raimi MCU canon

Fuckin never.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    JK Simmons as JJJ yes

possibly Alfred Molina as Doc Ock

throw away everything else

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Ansari is alright, but shoehorning him into a Marvel movie is dumb

an indian superhero would be cool though

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    He recently did an interview with a co-worker who was cast in Thor 2, and made a joke about not being cast in a Marvel movie because there are so few indian superheroes.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    because he said in an interview that he'd like to be in a Marvel movie but Marvel doesn't have any Indian superheroes (which is true)

Well, they have a few.

One of them I even remembered before pulling up that page.

Of course, he was the only one I recognized on it. Also, he's an X-man so Marvel couldn't use him anyways.

(He was the third Thunderbird, had fire powers and was a member of X-men for a while about ten years ago, just after they did that six-month time skip that switched Jean and Psylocke's powers and such).

Edit: No wait, I knew about Black Box as well, I just didn't know he was from India.

Lars on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

also I don't think most people agree that he's terrible

X-men has a few, like Indra, Komodo and Omega Sentinel (Karima Shapandar). But you're right, Marvel needs to increase their Indian super-hero numbers.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    I could actually see Ansari pulling off a character like Eric O'Grady.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ceno wrote: »
    Patton Oswalt for Doc Oc.

It's weird, but I can kind of see this?

And obviously JK Simmons is a great JJJ, but Daran Norris did such a good job in SpecSpidey, I'd like to see him try it in live action

He'd need some makeup though

Confession: SpecSpidey versions are how I picture all the characters now, which is why Oswalt doesn't seem so out there

Jimothy on
This discussion has been closed.