As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] The Global War on Mummies

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Ah, got it!

Still reeling from a [Gash to the leg], Fantasma climbs to her feet, and lets out a strained laugh.

"Round two, let us go! Or are you afraid of the Bride of the Damned, Fantasma!?"

Geth, roll 4dF+3 for "Clever Taunt (Create An Advantage)"

"Clever Taunt (Create An Advantage)":
    4dF+3 2 [4dF=-1, 0, -1, +1]

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    The blind man moves to get up and attack Fantasma, he’s moving fast but careless which could present a problem for him in a second here. He is clearly not deaf, your taunts are bothering him, or at least seem to be.

Geth, roll 4dF+2 for "Attacking Fantasma too fast"

"Attacking Fantasma too fast":
    4dF+2 2 [4dF=0, 0, -1, +1]

Neaden on
  • Options
    That's a tie and a boost.

The desk falls against him as he gets up, causing him to stumble and delaying his attempted stabbing of Fantasma. There is a loud bang and the shatter of glass as John fires a shot, the blind man must have heard him getting up though because he moves to dodge the bullet as the gun is fired.

Geth, roll 4dF+3 for "Quickly moving out of the way of a bullet"

"Quickly moving out of the way of a bullet":
    4dF+3 5 [4dF=+1, +1, 0, 0]

• Options
    The blind man manages to move out of the way of the bullet which instead collides with an oddly placed porcelain statue of a unicorn with a mermaid, possibly destroying a key piece of unicorn/mermaid based plotting. A second shot then rings out in the apartment as John fires at the still dodging blind man. You guys should probably go see an ENT as soon as this mission is over, all these gun shots can't be good for your ears.

Geth, roll 4dF+3 for "Dodging another bullet"

"Dodging another bullet":
    4dF+3 0 [4dF=0, -1, -1, -1]

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The blind man stumbles as the bullet wings him. His attention is still focused on Fantasma though as he leaps at her swinging his sword directly at her head level.

Geth, roll 4dF+5 for "Attempted luchicide"

edit: rolled the wrong + at first, it should be +6

"Attempted luchicide":
    4dF+3 4 [4dF=+1, -1, 0, +1]

Neaden on
  • Options
    Geth is in a mummy cult?! Find out in next week's issue of crazy ranting guys xeroxed newsletter.

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Monroe aims and takes a shot.

Geth roll 4dF+3 for "Careful Shot"

"Careful Shot":
    4dF+3 3 [4dF=+1, 0, -1, 0]

• Options
    Fantasma does a quick duck and a flip back, hoping to dodge the crazy slashes. Hopefully, she's at least in this guy's head...
    Cashing in the boost and spending another point for Luchadora. I have 2 left. I'll determine what to do with them when I see the result.

Geth roll 4dF+2 for "Quick Evasion"

"Quick Evasion":
    4dF+2 4 [4dF=+1, +1, 0, 0]

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Alright, yeah, cashing in both for a total of +8, winning the defense.

After Monroe shoots, Fantasma drops down and attempts to take out his knees, sending him tumbling over. The bigger they are...

Geth roll 4dF for "takedown"

EDIT: It's either +1 (Forceful), +2 (Quick), or +3 (Clever)--I couldn't decide, so I'll leave it up to you. This is an attack, also.

"takedown":
    4dF 0 [4dF=0, -1, 0, +1]

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Justin decides to distract the gun wielding blind dude by throwing a book at him, hopefully assisting Fantasma in her takedown.

Geth roll 4dF+3 for Book assist

Book assist:
    4dF+3 2 [4dF=-1, 0, +1, -1]

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    John, surprised the man avoided his shot, attempts to smash his way through the balcony exit into the apartment.

Geth roll 4dF+3 for door smashing.

door smashing:
    4dF+3 5 [4dF=+1, 0, +1, 0]

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    That should be a 4; Forceful is at +2. Phone typo, caught it late.

• Options
    A book is not the most usual of weapons so it is safe to assume that whatever mummy cult training this man has had probably did not prepare him for this specific eventuality.

Geth roll 4dF+2 for "Dodging a book."

"Dodging a book.":
    4dF+2 0 [4dF=+1, -1, -1, -1]

• Options
    A success! Pick a book in the face based aspect and one of you gets a free invoke off it.

Meanwhile John has smashed through the door, the sound of breaking glass slightly covering up the gun shot as Monroe takes advantage of the confusion to fire off a shot at the recoiling man as he tries to dodge.

Geth roll 4dF+3 for "Dodging getting shot at."

"Dodging getting shot at.":
    4dF+3 -1 [4dF=-1, -1, -1, -1]

• Options
    edited July 2013
    The blind man stumbles as he is shot in the chest before being knocked down onto his back by Fantasma. He lies on the ground gasping for breath, the fight seems to be knocked out of him for now at least. The sword lies a couple feet away from him and while there are not yet any sounds of sirens there have been several gun shots so the police may be coming.

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    John shakes loose the window debris and quickly pulls several extra-strength zip ties from within his jacket, extending them towards Monroe as he scans the apartment.

"We don't have long; that got noisy. Loop him up."
    Invoking Zero In On Evidence again
    Geth roll 4dF+4 for Quick Evidence Scan

Quick Evidence Scan:
    4dF+4 7 [4dF=+1, +1, +1, 0]

Auralynx on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I invoke Magical Gadget to identify if there are any magical devices

Geth Roll 4dF+5

4dF+5 7 [4dF=0, +1, 0, +1]

• Options
    I will be on vacation from today to saturday and unable to post. My apologies.

• Options
    There is nothing ovbviously magical in the appartment itself, but the man himself clearly has something unnatural in him. The appartment is plain there is not anything that would really connect it to a person. No family pictures, the art is eclectic and probably comes from downstairs. The now tied up blind man doesn't match the picture the vampire identified to you. The blind mans pockets are empty except for a note. It appears to be typed, as in on a type writer with the following message. "The Mouse talked, find out to who, kill them, and bring their bodies to the warehouse for interrogation. -H"

• Options
    Monroe frowns. "H probably means Hierarch. Mouse? Could be the kid, I don't think even a mummy would call a vampire a mouse."

• Options
    "That or it's the guy we were expecting. We need to move this idiot and get you guys patched up. Thoughts?"

• Options
    "Nothing particularly important here. We need to figure out where we move next, because before long, every ghastly and ghoulie will know we're here."

• Options
    "Staying here seems... risky. That said, agent Wilson, I think you are correct--the attacker did not see us before making his move, only heard the doorbell. This makes me think he did not know it was us--meaning he was most likely planning an ambush on this 'Mouse.'

It seems we are at an impasse, at least as I see it. Stay here and await for our target, who must still be on their way, or leave and avoid potential further altercation."

• Options
    "Gunshots will have drawn the law. Besides, we have a lead on H, we should take it." Monroe puts a hand to his stab wound. "Let's get out, patch up and find the Hierarch."

• Options
    "We can worry about this Mouse later. Right now, we should probably get out before we have to explain to the cops that we are professional mummy hunters"

• Options
    "Fair enough, lead the way my friends!" Fantasma smiles and gives a playful salute, before buckling over slightly in pain from her injuries.

• Options
    John hoists the blind man, arms and legs bound, from the floor roughly.

"You three get out of here and do what you need to do. I'm going to make sure our new friend gets into proper custody. Text me with wherever you stop. Justin, make sure these two hang in there."

John gets out a bluetooth headset and clips it on.

"Milwaukee office... Wilson, with the Bureau."

John shifts, waiting to be transferred.

"Drop went fine. One pick-up, Sigfried protocol... Reflexes and hearing, probably. Leaving him with the cops shortly, check your scanner. Shots fired, Fourth and McNair. Unclear, call me back once you've got him, but he's probably some sort of cleaner. Understood."

John manhandles the suspect outside and awaits the police.

"It probably goes without saying, but you're under arrest. We'll start with assaulting a federal agent and add burglary. I'll let the cops tell you the rest."

• Options
    Not long later after the three of you have left two police cars come with their lights and siren's at full blast. Understandably the police iniitially have their guns pointed at you but after receiving a very odd call on the radio they decide to just follow your instructions for now.
    Sorry just to be clear are you going with him to the police station to interrogate him? And where is everyone else headed, to the warehouse district?

• Options
    John was planning to let the police make that call, initially, then extricate himself as soon it's convenient. After all, the police may have info as well. If there needs to be a scene where their chief fights with him about jurisdiction or something, let's roll.

• Options
    I actually thought that we wouldn't be exactly welcome, so I don't really know what's going on.

• Options
    John stayed behind, we moved. I believe we are going to the Hierarch, though we would want to meet up with John once he gets away from the cops before we go. Would it be possible to change [stab wound] to [bandaged wound] or something on the way?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I actually thought that we wouldn't be exactly welcome, so I don't really know what's going on.
    I'm still playing this as if it were, say, Grimm or Fringe or the X-Files, and I'm the only one with a badge, so I'm going to see if I can manage to use it to our advantage. You guys should keep on truckin' and I'll rejoin you ASAP. The game's in a modern setting, so we can assume things like text messages and cell phones are available; there's no need for the D&D-style "Dear God don't split the party!" stuff until we're actively putting a hit on a mummy.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    John was planning to let the police make that call, initially, then extricate himself as soon it's convenient. After all, the police may have info as well. If there needs to be a scene where their chief fights with him about jurisdiction or something, let's roll.
    Eventually a detective shows up to examine your credentials. "You're way the fuck out of your jurisdiction and I have no idea what is going on. We're taking this bastard in and talking to him, you can come and watch if you want but you can't ask him anything until I get some answers."

• Options
    "Not as far as you think, but fine with me," John shrugs, and rides along with the police to the station, taking the time to text Justin that he's likely out of circulation for an hour or two. He makes sure the police collect the blind man's sword, as well.

• Options
    So where are the rest of you planning on going?

• Options
    We need to establish a base before going after mummyman.

• Options
    True. Establish a base, tend to our wounds, then head after H.

• Options
    The other option would be to check out Jan's 24/7 Pies but maybe I can get the cops to do that.

• Options
    I am really sorry guys, but I forgot to mention I am not going to be in the country for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow. I meant to tell you like a week ago, but apparently, I kind of have a lot on my plate. Like my stupidity.

• Options
    "I suggest we find a hotel to stay at, unless you all got a better idea for a base of our operations."