As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - Interloper

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited May 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    He's playing a tablet game with a 360 controller?

Also, very surprised they didn't give us an XBone comic today.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Another Surface comic. But that second panel alone is very amusing :P

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    hi trap

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    He's playing a tablet game with a 360 controller?

Also, very surprised they didn't give us an XBone comic today.

They're writing the Wednesday comic on Tuesday morning, so..guess we're getting an Xbone comic on Friday.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I've always enjoyed the mixed feelings of frustration and amusement and sympathy when you watch someone (a stranger) learn a game for the first time while they play with you.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Two-panel comic with a third wheel, but still awesome. Waiting for a comic like this for a game I play so I can take the "wtf I'm trap" equivalent and adopt it as a tag line.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Colt45Colt45 Registered User regular
    Seeing the surface in this comic made me wonder. I've been looking for a drawing app for my surface but all I have right now is didlr, which I hate to use because it uploads everything that you draw to be public, and I'm not very good so I don't want people seeing everything I make. Also it's called didlr, so that's a big turn off.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Colt45 wrote: »
    Seeing the surface in this comic made me wonder. I've been looking for a drawing app for my surface but all I have right now is didlr, which I hate to use because it uploads everything that you draw to be public, and I'm not very good so I don't want people seeing everything I make. Also it's called didlr, so that's a big turn off.

If you have a Surface Pro, I suggest just getting Photoshop. That's what Gabe uses, and you can see the quality.

I'm really really starting to dig this Surface-style of comics.

*edit from new knowledge in today's strip* - It looks like Gabe uses Manga Studio or Sketchbook Pro instead of Photoshop.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    How I mine for fish?

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So having never played this game, I don't really get this comic. Do you build walls and this guy walled himself in? Or did Gabe build a trap?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    y cant metroid crawl?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So having never played this game, I don't really get this comic. Do you build walls and this guy walled himself in? Or did Gabe build a trap?

A quick googling reveals that it is a first person tower defense game. And based on your avatar I can assume you have seen at least one new player wall in their worker playing some TowerD.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Mike is getting so fucking good at facial expressions. I mean he was already good, he just seems to be getting better with every new strip.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    wormywyrmwormywyrm Registered User regular
    I love the surface pic worked into the background. I love my surface too, it is perfect for me since I need a PC and laptop and tablet battery life while on the go. I have RT one though.

• Options
    wormywyrmwormywyrm Registered User regular
    wormywyrm wrote: »
    I love the surface pic worked into the background. I love my surface too, it is perfect for me since I need a PC and laptop and tablet battery life while on the go. I have RT one though.

Also I was surprised there was some hate for the Xbox announcement. It definitely did not get a reception as bad as PS4's announcement but there were still some people disappointed. I haven't bought a console since dreamcast since I am more of a moderate PC gamer, but I think I will probably buy an Xbox One. I guess I better represent Microsoft's target audience for their announcement than a hardcore console gamer. Right now I have a PC attached to my TV because I hate the UI and slowness of set top boxes/smart tv.

Even if you are not a fan of Kinect you must admit, 6 people on screen at once, thumb recognition, and heartrate recognition is amazing technology.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The third panel was superfluous.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I've checked out Sanctum 2.

It looks pretty ace, but am I missing out on anything plot wise if I skip the first one?

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    There's no plot to speak of. They apparently made some heavy game play changes though (more shooty, less tower-defensey) from the first game.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i am trap

• Options
    JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    Honestly, I love the third panel, if just for the face Gabe is making.

• Options
    SecretagentmanSecretagentman Registered User regular
    The second panel is classic PA comedy gold.

PSN: matter_ic
    Professional forum lurker