As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't wanna work, I just wanna Browser Games all day

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Also, with the recent Halloween update, I've noticed one really annoying change.

Cookie chains cookies now disappear VERY quickly.

Like, I often miss it it before even getting into the billions at this point.

To be fair, they seem to occur more frequently, but fuck all good that does.

Woo, I got 666 billion before the next cookie disappears in literally one second. That sure is a whole lot, compared ot the meager 15 billion a second that I'm producing, which doesn't include the 50% my wrinklers are absorbing.

So yeah, they're kinda worthless now. :P

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    If you shrink the window right down so there's only a tiny area for the cookies to spawn, getting the full chain is super easy.

broken image link
    Huh. I may try that though I'm not sure I can pull that off without missing the next cookie. :P

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I think they speed up as they go, so you have plenty of time after the first one.

broken image link
    edited November 2013
    I've been trying that, actaully, and it works surprisingly well.

Too bad the chain nearly always ends with 14 or fewer cookies.

I mean, I'm producing a default 167 billion a second now, which puts my total production at just over 1 trillion a second with 10 wrinklers.

So when the chain ends at 66 trillion, which requires a fair bit of luck considering there's a 15% chance of the chain automatically breaking from the 5th cookie onward, that's little over one minute's worth of my day. It's nice to get that, but it's not exactly exploding my wallet. :P

Goatmon on

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Ignoring the 1% chance to break on each click after the fifth, chains end when the next cookie would give you more than 21600*unwithered_CpS or 25% of the cookies currently in your bank. Once your income hits 360 billion CpS (ignoring all wrinkler effects) and you have at least 31.1 quadrillion cookies banked the chain will reach the 7.7 quadrillion cookie (8.4 for the whole chain) which makes them much more worthwhile.

They're also nice if you're going for the 7777 golden cookies clicked achievement.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    2yy6qfm.jpg

STEP THE FUCK BACK, COMMONERS

BucketmanDoobh
    edited November 2013
    So, after letting the game run overnight I popped all the wrinklers and purchased the last few antimatter condensers, and then the upgrade that comes when you get 100 of those.

Pushed my CpS to just over 200 billion.

THen got a lucky cookie that gave me a 7x multiplier.

And then , before it wore off, another one that multiplied my clicking by 777.

Hooooly shit, dem numbers.

Goatmon on

TeriferinDuke 2.0
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    2yy6qfm.jpg

ah well

now the real game begins

wY6K6Jb.gif
    2yy6qfm.jpg

ah well

now the real game begins

yep

holy fuck is everything expensive at the sidestreets

oh well

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2yy6qfm.jpg

ah well

now the real game begins

yep

oh well

there are ways around getting most (but not all) of the high level stuff from the side streets

try not to spread yourself too thin: find a single goal and work exclusively towards that

are you an exceptional friend? that extra candle comes quite in handy

wY6K6Jb.gif
    2yy6qfm.jpg

ah well

now the real game begins

yep

oh well

there are ways around getting most (but not all) of the high level stuff from the side streets

try not to spread yourself too thin: find a single goal and work exclusively towards that

are you an exceptional friend? that extra candle comes quite in handy

I might need to start being one

also, goddammit, they just made me do some fucking word problem arithmetic to work out how much Stolen Correspondence to buy

but dammit, in a few clicks, I'm going to have some Claymen carrying me around to all my appointments

alright, became an exceptional friend and I've now got a bunch of Claymen schlepping me everywhere

fantastic

make sure to check out the house of chimes, you get some unique storylettes there

wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2013
    here's my profile, btw

I've echoed some spoilers, so if you don't want to know some stuff in the future make sure not to read the journal

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    How do I get a visitor for this Halloween thing? I've been trying for like a week now and I haven't gotten a card!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Wait, I can't add friends in Fallen London unless I know them on Facebook?

or twitter

and the cards are random, which can really suck. you can summon them, but that costs nex

the halloween events end tomorrow though, so that may be an option you'd want to consider

wY6K6Jb.gif
    if you don't wanna waste nex then PM me, pretty sure I can find a link to a google doc that describes what every visitor gets you, text and reward and all

wY6K6Jb.gif
    ah nop wait, you can add friends not through FB or the Twitters

you just gotta know their username and you can add them through the storynexus system

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Inviting friends through FB doesn't work for me. I can choose a friend from the dropdown, but when I hit Submit, I get a blank white screen and don't spend an action or expend the card. I did contact support, and so far they've tried once to fix it (unsuccessfully). Has this happened to anyone else?

oh yay I got my soul back

other than spending the Nex that wasn't that hard

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    How was your several month stint without a soul?

VRXwDW7.png
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    How was your several month stint without a soul?

I made more progress in those months than I had any other time in the game

make of that what you will

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    THOSE SONS OF BITCHES DON'T APPRECIATE REAL TALENT GODDAMNIT

4th tier professions will soon be available! can't wait to upgrade to Midnighter. Though I'm seriously considering backtracking and re-upgrading as an Echosit - the prospect of being a ruthless Victorian businessman appeals to me too much

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I pick up fallen london again after a long time away and immediately find a undiscardable opportunity card about a conflict between two of my pets

the results were unpleasant

either I picked the wrong side or the whole thing's a punishment for having too many pets

dang it game let me enjoy playing you

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Not really sure where to post this but I figured this would be of some interest to the thread even if it does need a tiny download: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130011-UPDATE-Try-Yahtzee-Croshaws-New-Game-Consuming-Shadow

Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee's beta testing his new game consuming shadow for free. It's pretty much an exploration game on a dead Rising style timer and it's fairly creepy. Considering the nature of the game I'll put my first death in spoilers.
    Turns out, if you're below max sanity one of the menu options at any given time, just for a split second flashes to 'shoot yourself'. If you click at this moment, the predictable happens and your investigator is no more.

And I had finally gotten my first spell too, maybe casting it right before I left a dungeon just 'as a test' was unwise.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    GUYS DID YOU KNOW THERE'S A SEQUEL TO QWOP CALLED CLOP WHERE YOU PLAY A UNICORN

IT'S TRUE

Dr. FlamingoKwoaruSlacker71
    why is Fallen London giving me 40 actions instead of 20

because they've doubled their actions till the end of december and you're an exceptional friend so you get twice the bonus

enjoy

wY6K6Jb.gif
    YaYa
    holy FUCK

when did Proscribed Material cost an echo a pop?!

a good long while now

yeah I guess that might be nice to grind if you're looking to get some high value items off the bazaar

maybe your very own overgoat

wY6K6Jb.gif
    a good long while now

yeah I guess that might be nice to grind if you're looking to get some high value items off the bazaar

what the fuck, man

how am I even supposed to get these Favours in High Places now

a good long while now

what the fuck, man

how am I even supposed to get these Favours in High Places now

@yaya you can grind materials in watchermaker's hill's unfinished business

or you could get into the affairs of the box - after you finish it stays as a permanent storylette that nets you 7 stolen kisses each time

wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2013
    Ha! it took a full week, a few very lucky Tower of Eyes cards, grinding Private Suppers like crazy and spending a point of Nex, but I finally got my tier 4 profession. I'm now a Midnighter: a super spy with connections to a mysterious order of the church, and whose orders I finish executing by "praying" to a special shrine whose Irrigo light causes me to forget what it is I've even done. As Payment, I get four Favours in High Places a week, along with some light drinking bombazine cloth and some interesting letters that clearly don't belong to me.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    YaYa
    The lady with the white scarf keeps her name in a box on the mantelpiece. She has played the Great Game since she left the orphanage, the secret centre of a network that reaches across the Unterzee. She has no enemies. Her system is perfect. She has beaten the Game, and she is bored.

A dangerous mood. She crosses the room where she works, eats, and sleeps, the cleverly-made boards of its floor piping beneath her. She takes down the box. The hair fixed across the lid’s join is unbroken. It has kept her safe, this box. Inside is a memento of the orphanage. When tedium threatens she looks upon it, remembers how close she came to losing everything, and returns to her safe, sensible habits. Why does the box feel so light?

On Simple Street, a detective fishes a file from a drawer: 'Blackwood Orphanage', the cover reads. She reads it every month, hoping to find something she's missed. The orphanage was her first day on the job. Ten minutes a copper and pulling corpses from the smoke, their skin crackling like well-fried bacon. She opens the file, and sees a piece of paper she has never seen before. It is a transfer of guardianship: a young lady was transferred from the orphanage's care, to that of a notable couple. Very notable indeed.

Your shrine to St. Joshua is draped in irrigo. Once you’ve finished the rites, you barely remember them. You pull your old chess-piece from your pocket and consign it - and the memories it sustains - to the altar-fire.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Duke 2.0
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Pause Ahead is by the same people who made Tower of Heaven, another fiendishly hard platformer.

Pause Ahead has great music and be sure to play till at least level 6.