As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I don't wanna work, I just wanna Browser Games all day

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    Can anyone provide me with a browser based game that will play like a turn based RPG, ala old school Final Fantasy?

Adventure Quest maybe?

Have you played Adventure Quest?

It's fucking terrible.

Duke 2.0DruhimBahamutZEROAlbino BunnyKetBra
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Wellp

Fallen London has basically ruined all productivity forever.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    masterofmetroidThetherooYaYa
  • Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Ahhhhhh Burrito Bison!

What the hell just happened?!

Like, half an episode of Maddow just flashed by

dear god

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I was excited for Kingdom Rush 2 until they put the hero units into the original. They just don't work for me. It makes it more of an RTS which is a genre I find stressful.

All of my excitement is therefore now directed upon Gemcraft 2. Like a laser beam. Sadly, his blog posts make it all sound so far away.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Goose! wrote:
    Can anyone provide me with a browser based game that will play like a turn based RPG, ala old school Final Fantasy?

Adventure Quest maybe?

It's fucking terrible.

Playing it right now. They have been improving it lately though.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    CHICA VON BLUE is an alluring and keen-eyed lady.

Dressed in a nice suit, scandalous stockings, magician's gloves and a lovely mask.

Antimatter
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    ANTI is an insightful and puissant lady
    pu·is·sant
    /ˈpwisənt/
    Adjective
    Having great power or influence.
    Synonyms
    mighty - powerful - potent
    dressed in an archaeologist's hat, Fourth City rags, and mirror polished shoes

also I have a grubby kitten and a sword-cane

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I had to look up puissant too

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Monsters' Den is a pretty neat little romp through a dungeon. A shame the sequel was so bad.

VRXwDW7.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Fuck you Madagascar

lemurs know what's up

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/togeproductions/infectonator-2

Infectionator and Infectionator 2.

I love upgrade games.

nukaKaplar
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm glad this thread is back. If you're the right kind of person New Star Soccer is a game you can fall into for a good long while.

I am the right kind of person, I guess. I've been playing roughly every free moment for over a day now. Whooooops.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    ProlegomenaPeenThe Judge
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    It may be old, but I still think Spybots: The Nightfall Incident is a really great idea for a turn-based strategy game.

Lego made a bunch of kick-ass flash games back in the day.

Flay on
    masterofmetroidRainfall
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote:

Adventure Quest maybe?

It's fucking terrible.

Playing it right now. They have been improving it lately though.

Back when I played it they improved it by making it so you actually had to move your mouse cursor around instead of just clicking 'next' in the same spot over and over and over and over...

There was no way to regenerate health except for potions which you got two of to last you for an entire 45 minute long instance featuring half a dozen battles.

If you wanted any kind of decent equipment you had to grind for days.

It was poop. If they've completely overhauled the game mechanic and vastly tightened up the graphics on level 3, it might be worth a look?

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So far in Fallen London I'm just watchful and persuasive. I'm not very interesting.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

fallen london is a pretty gradual experience

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Is there a list of people playing? My person is Dermond Reigns

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    I tend to just go to Kongregate and check out games that are highly rated. There are a hell of a lot of games sorted by category, and I've found a lot of good stuff over the years.

That's how I found The Last Stand: Dead Zone.

It's another one that's still in beta, but it scratches my itch for tactical-zombie-killing and resource management.

Kongregate is a fairly good server to play on if you start off by helping other players with their compounds.

Armor Games can go fuck itself; you'll get assaulted by other players every last minute that you're not under protection so good luck on building up a fuel stash to buy the White Flag book to prevent pvp shenanigans.

I've not delved into the Facebook server and I probably never will.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/580377

you know those pretty neat zombie defense/survival games, The Last Stand and it's sequel?

this is the third one, and it's a fully realized rpg. mmmm.

you know those pretty neat zombie defense/survival games, The Last Stand and it's sequel?

Union City is pretty alright, but the replay value ain't all that and after a certain point you realize that this installment in the franchise is screaming for a New Game+ feature.

Metzger MeisterDonovan Puppyfucker
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Is there a list of people playing? My person is Dermond Reigns

I dunno if there's a list but there is a thread

it's pretty sleepy but it's there

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    I'm glad this thread is back. If you're the right kind of person New Star Soccer is a game you can fall into for a good long while.

I am the right kind of person, I guess. I've been playing roughly every free moment for over a day now. Whooooops.

I've sunk more time into that at work than I should admit. It just fills in the cracks between projects so nicely.

The Judge
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I'm personally a huge fan of Knightmare Tower. I must've beaten it a half dozen times at least. It might be too action-y for the OP, though.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Union City is pretty alright, but the replay value ain't all that and after a certain point you realize that this installment in the franchise is screaming for a New Game+ feature.

I know what you mean. Especially once you actually get to the high-level weapons, then it's like "oh i can use this for like three missions :| yaaay"

Metzger Meister on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thinking about starting a PA Fallen London FB group.

Anyone interested?

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I liked Decision and it's sequel pretty well.
    Sort of a zombie survival town building game.

steam_sig.png
    I liked Decision and it's sequel pretty well.
    Sort of a zombie survival town building game.

I cannot tell you how many eyes were lost playing that game.

Like, I'm fairly certain that all of my survivors were down to one eye or less.

Erin The Redpooka
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if you guys have played Rebuild or Rebuild 2 (also zombie survival town building games) but is Decision comparable to them? If so, how would you compare them?

Dex Dynamo on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Fallen London is eating my damn life

Dex DynamoultimakaymasterofmetroidCello
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    We can't forget about stuff like Grow Cube

Captain Marcus
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I don't know if you guys have played Rebuild or Rebuild 2 (also zombie survival town building games) but is Decision comparable to them? If so, how would you compare them?
    Wait, maybe Rebuild is the one I was thinking of...
    Yeah, I just checked.
    Hmm, I've also played Decision but I don't remember what it was then.
    Yeah, Rebuild is one I was recommending. That one is fun.

steam_sig.png
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Wait, maybe Rebuild is the one I was thinking of...
    Yeah, I just checked.
    Hmm, I've also played Decision but I don't remember what it was then.
    Yeah, Rebuild is one I was recommending. That one is fun.

I made the exact same mistake.

Rebuild is the one I was thinking of; it should also be noted that Decision (1 & 2) are pretty good for action-strategy and upgrades and whatnot, but there's no actual sim-building aspect to it.

I still played the shit out of Decision 2 though.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Great now I'm playing fallen London on my phone

masterofmetroid
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Neptune's Pride 2 had two modes added for galaxies you play in. One adds warp gates at random across the stars. The other is "Dark Galaxy," where you can't see the entire galaxy. All you can see is anything within your scan range.

That is absolutely fucked, but I want to experience that fear.

T4CTeddizhere
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    The OP mentioned Nanaca Crash.

I give you Extreme Roadtrip 2. (Also available as a Facebook app. Your scores there will carry over to this link and vice versa.)

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

I've sunk more time into that at work than I should admit. It just fills in the cracks between projects so nicely.

I was about done with this, but I figured I'd see if I could win the Champions League with Liverpool as a 19 year old in my ongoing career mode.

Got to the quarter finals. Opposition: Man City. First leg was a bit flat, but managed to an assist in a drawn 2-2 game. Two away goals might come in handy.

The return leg comes after, quite by coincidence, another Premiership match also against Man City. We're second and they're fourth, but a 2-1 win is managed with a goal and an assist.

The home quarterfinal, and my career player is on fire. An assist and a brace in the first half becomes a hatrick in the second. We're 4-0 up and my little dude has been pumping on full activity for the entire 90 and I can see the semis in my sights when it happens.

In the 71st. And the 73rd. The 84th. The 87th.

Man City score four unanswered goals in the last 20 minutes without Liverpool getting so much as a touch of the ball. 2-2 and 4-4, City advance on away goals.

And it's such unlikely contrived bullshit I closed the window and I am never going to play again.

Probably.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Raijin Quickfoot
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    WHY AREN'T WE ALL PLAYING NEPTUNE'S PRIDE 2

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

Setup a game, I'm down. Though I think we should all have anonymous names in it to make it fun.

T4CT
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    T4CT wrote: »

I just set up an account, so it looks like I can't join any created games for 24 hours, but then I'm down to get stomped.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    T4CT