Welcome to the Xbox One thread! It's going to be a bit...empty for now, I'll fill this OP out around E3 time.
The last thread was a cesspool of negativity and grim reminder as to why console megathreads were banned in the first place. I'm not saying this thread should be a fanboy echo chamber, but many posts were either unfunny snark or overly heated arguments on shit that we don't even have all the details on. You don't have to love the Xbox One to post here, just...try to look at the big picture and not get overly invested in what are essentially toys.The Rules Which You Better Read
- This is not a thread to defend your favorite hardware maker, nor is it one to shit over other hardware makers. This forum tends to be better about fan-silliness, but a lot of you tend to get all hot and bothered if anyone besmirches the House of Plumber. Appropriate and sincere comparisons are fine, but we don't need any dramatics. This includes tired memes like "lolsony" and the dreaded "M$".
- In case it wasn't real obvious, DRM and Used Games in general aren't up for discussion.
- This thread is not intended to be permanent. The most likely situation is that we'll give you the holiday season to enjoy the new toy Santa got you, and then this thread gets shut down. Exceptions have been made for hardware that's been struggling and cannot maintain a lot of active threads on specific games. The XBox One is likely not going to have that problem, so don't get attached to this thread.
- As an addendum to the above, there is no guaranteed lifespan to this thread, and how long it lasts is inversely influenced by how bad behavior gets. We will not hesitate to take this thread away if people cannot act like adults.
- The last thread had too many memes being kicked around. I think that Youtube "summary of the presentation" was posted every other page. So, chances that witty photoshop has been posted numerous times already. Maybe try generating some original thought?
- These rules are to be posted in every subsequent thread.
Also, calling it the "Xbone" makes you a total goober.