As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ode to the End (Trying a new webcomic)

corpocracycorpocracy Registered User new member
Alright. This is my very first real go at drawing and cartoon work. And this is the very first panel of a webcomic I'm working on. Everything done in Photoshop on a Bamboo Create. But yeah. Very very much a newbie.

O0Mb1Kc.jpg

Anyways, please let me know what you guys think. I'm really looking for input on everything from art basics to format/layout etc. Eventually I want to put this up on its pwn site, but I wanted to finish about 5 or so panels, get some feedback, polish them up, and then go from there.

Thanks!

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    On both art basics and layout you should probably consider studying the tutorial thread in a goodly amount of detail. There are some amazing resources for free in there that can help you with everything from anatomy, line eight, panel composition, and page layouts. Hitting the books as you do your comic, and taking your time to make each page as perfect as possible before moving on to the next, will definitely help you grow as an artist.

As far as your strip's narrative content, more than one page would be needed to figure out any major issues or concerns with content or storytelling.