Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Contractual Obligations

123457»

• sketchitysketchity Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    ah, sorry. i did not read that line from your comment correctly. and i'm sure you would say the same about the "shouting " comment, right?

so, how many challenges do you feel you did come up with a good joke in the first thirty seconds?

however many it is could you have done any of them with mike talking to you the whole time? would you try to ignore him knowing you had this decision to make when he stopped talking? i am saying the redraw isn't set up for real decision making. it is just something thrown in to call a twist. it is ultra gimmicky wheel spinning.

now if they had allowed the contestant to gather the three topics together and make one two-topic combination, that is a little more of a benefit. that is three possible combinations. the contestant would have no possibility of ending up worse off than when they started. ending up worse off is a real possibility with the current setup. that is not a "prize."

other details would be that the other contestant is stuck with the first topic. again, the redrawing candidate should feel like they got some advantage out of their "prize."

one last thing would be that the redrawer didn't have to choose while they stand there. they take their three possibilities to the desk and think through their options.

sketchity on
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Double post...

Lamp on
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Hilarious comic recap of the contract episode by Lexxy, posted on her blog tonight: http://lexxercise.tumblr.com/post/52092256914/i-think-my-favorite-part-about-episode-27-was-how
    Bahahaha.

Lamp on
    CambiataAngry_SamoanDark Raven XAnana11
  • miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    that is a funny recap of the episode, she did show Kate's Apporach quite well, it's intresting the different styles of the four and handiling this issue, lexxxy had said they edited it a bit to only show her mean side, seemed like she was nice during some of it, maybe katie was always kinda being sweet

Khoo is an intresting judge he really put on a character to judge them I really love the episode,

the elimation is going to be hard to watch tonight I should clean off my f5 key for later, can't wait to hear what the two words are, seems like we kinda herd elephant in the last episode, dunno if someone said something about that I need to read though more of these things, the challenge should be fun i hope its going to be hard to watch I love both lexxy and maki, funny how katie just wins everythnig, at this rate she seems like the winner

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I should pass this collection of tweets from Maki along for the benefit of those who haven't seen them yet.
    Maki Naro ‏@sciencecomic 3h

My family has a truly indomitable spirit. Would never trade them for anything.

Apologies for the cryptic tweet earlier. Wasn't sure how much to share. My grandmother died yesterday morning. All is well, though

Upon walking into the house, I quickly learned there is no "too soon" when it comes to a laugh in the Naro family. Love them all dearly.

Thanks all for the well wishes. Not necessary though, Grandma Naro lived 99.999% of her life vibrant and healthy. She will be missed though

Sorry about your loss, Maki.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    SeriouslySassoriElbasunu
  • miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I just saw that I felt really bad for Maki

• Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    Lamp wrote: »
    Hilarious comic recap of the contract episode by Lexxy, posted on her blog tonight: http://lexxercise.tumblr.com/post/52092256914/i-think-my-favorite-part-about-episode-27-was-how
    Bahahaha.

It looks like Maki has three headphone jacks in his beard. O.o

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Bahahaha.

I assumed those shoot bullets.

Currently doing a Mass Effect Andromeda let's play:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cambiata
    Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/bel.di.doll/
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Bahahaha.

I assumed those shoot bullets.

Lasers.

zerzhulKalynarCambiata
  • eagleagl Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Ok, it's tomorrow. Where is the next episode? I have a GPS and it tells me that the episode is late. GPS is never wrong, plus/minus 10 meters usually. The earth rotates 10 meters pretty darn quickly. So its late.

eagl on
    edited June 2013
    All I asked for is an artist with frikken laser beams in his beard! But, is the pineapple ill-tempered?

eagl on
  • xThanatoSxxThanatoSx Registered User regular
    And now... let the F5ing begin.

• emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular

Looks like about an hour to 90 minutes.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • xThanatoSxxThanatoSx Registered User regular
    Well that's helpful. I'll do something else for an hour, then start F5ing :-D

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Works for me. I've got a Portuguese soccer team to do a writeup on.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was really nice they gave us some idea.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
    Angry_Samoan
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Actually the use of "shouting" was largely due to my love of choosing more erudite verbiage than the vanilla option at the majority of junctures in my discourse, rather than a specific technical description of your specific comment. It was also the case that it was targeted in the general sense towards the vicinity of the several people who keep repeatedly repeating the same tangental arguments to this particular dilemma without giving the level of consideration or meditation upon my own arguments that I felt I dedicated towards them in the first.

So yeah, um, that's why I used the word shouting. The answers to your other questions are cunningly concealed amongst the comments you're replying to, apart from the one where the answer is "four".

ahdok on
    http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • WeaselsoupWeaselsoup Registered User regular
    Seven minutes!

• TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    ahdok wrote: »
    Given Weapons and Zoo, I don't redraw, because pretty much all of my best comics are informational pun-torrents in list form.

I'm also not terrible at quickly drawing mechanical stuff grafted to animals.

"Weapons" and "Zoo" lend themselves quite easily to many many puns, so these topics would be a wheelhouse for me.

Oh my god. Gistmas.
    You're killing me.

steam_sig.png
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    I feel like Lexxy should've won that but I'm biased. :)

Katie made the right choice though. Abby's constantly winning the elimination challenges she was sent to so it'd be stupid to send her and not the other two in the room. Oh well...c'mon Lexxy!

edited June 2013
    deleted 'cause it can be read two ways

eagl on
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    Um, eagl? Nobody has been using spoiler tags for the comments thread of the episode. Don't read the comments for an episode before you watch the episode, end of story.

There are no spoiler tags in episode threads. You read them at your own risk.

edited June 2013
    deleted because it could be read two ways

eagl on
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    What are you talking about? We are in the thread for Contractual Obligations. The person you are talking to spoiled the Stripper who won this competitive challenge, and the names of the people that winner sent to the next elimination. I don't think anyone gave away anything from beyond that point.

• KalynarKalynar Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    eagl wrote: »
    Hey LoneGunman. Totally uncool. Spoilers, you know? Sheesh don't be a dummy. Totally spoiled this episode for me. Post your spoilers in the episode thread with the right spoiler tag, m-kay? Waited a whole weekend to have you wreck it for me before I even got a chance to see the show.

Edit:
    Didn't update before I replied, and everyone else got to your first. If you read LG's post again, it's clearly referencing this episode, and not the elimination. His last four words make that VERY clear. Your response is what makes the spoiler for the logic minded, as you call out 'lexxy should have won' as a spoiler for 28, when it was a lamentation about episode 27.

Kalynar on
    My hands! My horrible human hands!
    monkeysigye5.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There is nothing in LoneGunman's post that is a spoiler for the next episode. Everything that poster referenced was from this episode.

oB2vdx2.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • Anana11Anana11 Registered User regular
    Love that recap, Lexxy. You really captured peoples' expressions (and I love the Abby pose) and the way they were portrayed during the ep. You've sealed the deal: I'm a fan.

123457»