As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Uknown Ponies] Troubles in Everfree Forest

14567810»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "But... I'm always nice. Usually. Sometimes. Aren't I?"
    Cloudbolt isn't really leaving the Acadmy's sight today. After seeing the nurse and getting her wing set, she has been under somewhat-subtle-but-not-really constant supervision.
    "Who am I supposed to help then? What am I supposed to do?"

Cloudbolt sighs and heads to cloudshaping class. At least she gets to do something fun today.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Just missing a post from Steamshine. Will give him till early evening UK time then I'll try and come up with various nice things for you to do.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    might want to @ him, just in case.

• Options
    Light the @Blurbl signal

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Was going to post Vigilance going and seeing if any teachers wanted help with the younger classes, but I'm cool with waiting and seeing what you suggest first.

• Options
    if you have an idea go for it.

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    "Do I need help with anything?" Steamshine repeats, half-suprised at being asked.

"Hmm..." he thinks as he taps his chin, "I could ask if they could teach me how to be decisive and snappy. Charity especially seems really good at that. However... I don't really know them that well. They'd just probably think I'm being silly and look at me wierd."

"Nah." he says to the group. "I'm good. Maybe we could ask Cherrilee if she needs help?"
    Argh, sorry to keep you all waiting. Been swept up with moving back home from campus the past couple days.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    You should lend a hand with Diamond Tiara.

I hear she's very nice and reasonable.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    "I figured one of the other classes might appreciate having some chaperones to help the teacher out with the younger foals," Vigilance tentatively suggests, agreeing with Steamshine.

"I guess you don't have so many unicorns in this town, but they can still be pretty unruly when they're tiny. Plus us Luna-dreamer-types have some pretty good stories to tell now, right? It couldn't hurt to share the tale of our adventure with someone who might actually believe us."

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Shimmy sighs as he gets up away from the table Steamshine and Vigilance are at.

"You guys have fun taking care of foals then, ima find someone in this classroom that really needs help." He trots back to his desk thinking of who to help.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Pinkie Pie blasts through the room. Everything now tastes faintly of cotton candy and you can't stop giggling. Lose 2 Sanity.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Blurbl wrote: »
    "Do I need help with anything?" Steamshine repeats, half-suprised at being asked.

"Hmm..." he thinks as he taps his chin, "I could ask if they could teach me how to be decisive and snappy. Charity especially seems really good at that. However... I don't really know them that well. They'd just probably think I'm being silly and look at me wierd."

steamshine_by_riokenng3-d6cmi9q.png
    Maybe if I draw some fanart we can keep this RP rolling...

Riokenn on
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I was trying to think of where this would go, but here I am. I think

A few minutes into class, Cloudbolt is happy and humming along. Clouds class is her favorite. She almost forgets Luna's instructions, until she remembers that Luna never said anything about everypony helping the same pony, or even working together. If there was a pony in need of some Cloud help, Bolt could do it alone. She flaps her wings in satisfaction, wincing as she remembers she's not in top form. She may not be the fastest pony, or have the most endurance, but her agility is second to none. She hopes her wings heal quick. As Cloudbolt works on her art, she keeps furtively looking around the room to see if any pony is struggling. Usually, ponies do rather well in her Clouds class, but maybe....

• Options
    Yeah, I have to apologise in that I took us in a direction I didn't really have much of a solid plan for. Hence my slow to non-existent posting. If you guys could kick start a particular situation I'll happily RP it out though.

Sitting in Cloudbolt's class was a dark brown pegasus, relatively new to Cloudsdale having been sent by his parents from Manehatten to learn where they had learnt. It didn't stop him been frustrated at the lack of experience he had compared to pegasi who had grown up in Cloudsdale.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    "Now who to help.....who to...help." Shimmy starts to think out loud to himself as he eyes the classroom around him. He hears the chitter chatter between two ponies everyone in the classroom knows.

"Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon? Nah, they're way too stuckup to need my help...." He lowers his head a bit to avoid confrontation as they pass by. He sets his eyes on another pair of ponies getting in a fued.

"Snips and Snails? They don't seem as snooty as the usual unicorn ponies I've seen, like something about them feels....different." Shimmy shrugs his shoulders as he listens in on their latest plan, something involving a Hydra and a Ursa Major. Music starts to fill the classroom, his hind-legs tap to the beat as he sees three fillies practicing to dance.

"Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo and Applebloom? Only way they would need my help is if it's to get them their cutie mark, and I haven't even gotten mine yet!" Shimmy continues to listen in on their routine as one of them slightly reminds him of Charity. "Maybe they're releated?" He shrugs it off as a corner of his eye catches a bright flash almost blinding him, he spots the culprit.

"Featherweight? Yeah! He's quite, reserved and I don't think photography is considered dangerous. Plus he's a pegasus! I bet those fellas on his back can do mach 50!" Shimmy gets up off his desk and cautiously trots up behind Featherweight.

"Heya, whatcha taking pictures of?"
    I'm going to be honest, this thread is what I look forward to in the mornings when I walk into work.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Charity, meanwhile, has managed to corner a certain purple baby dragon. "Howdy, Spike! Boy, you sure look busy. How bout I give you a hand with some of them there books?"

Spike opens his mouth.

"Great! I'll get right on it!'

The earth filly gets right to sorting the piles of books. Sure are a lot of them. Somebody has got to be reading an awful lot to make a mess like that every day! Now, Charity might not have fancy school learnings, but she ain't no owl in the attic. She's a bit slow about it, but she sounds out the weird titles on all the textbooks and sees them back on their shelves with some creative ladder climbing and a rope.

About an hour into this generous donation of her time, Charity bumps over a pile of boring old magic books and notices one in particular. Its black with an ominous red title that she doesn't bother to read. "Howdy, now! That looks kind of fun. I bet the boys would enjoy something a bit more fun than a spelling book!" Smiling to herself, Charity checks herself out with the book by leaving a scribble on paper that looks like either a "C" or a backwards half moon, depending on how you crane your neck. The book goes in her saddlebags, and she knocks off for lunch carrying the smoldering tome of doom.

• Options
    Sorry 'bout the wait. Rough week.

Vigilance saunters off to another classroom, half-lost in thought. Nudging open the door, he tries to get the teacher's attention with a wave of his hoof. "Hi," he offers, tentatively. "Did you need any help with anything? Your students? Paperwork? Passing out tests?"

• Options
    Do we make up the story on what we help others on or are you gonna help us with that @AlbinoBunny?

It's Monday morning and I need an excuse to not work and just RP my pony guy!

• Options
    [spoilers]Was waiting for more people to respond like a responsible GMwhile playing Dark Souls but will write some stuff up for you guys off the bat. I apologise for this being slow, like I said I feel I ill planned this segment and will make sure in the future when we have something more aimed at character exploration and slice of life stuff there's ample time for everyone to plan ideas about it. Also if I could have any vague ideas about what the book entails that'd be neat.[/spoiler]

Featherweight perked up at Shimmy's approach. Clearly not quite sure how to respond after having the focus taken away from his photography "landscapes mostly," he says simply "the paper is planning to do a feature on 'the beauty of Ponyville', which just shows how slim news has been lately," he explained even as he put a new roll of film into his camera. "So what'cha looking for kid?" he asked back simply, evidently the sort to get rather wrapped up in his work.

============

Cherilee paused at the sound of Vigilance's voice "why yes dear, a bit of help is always welcome, if you could help me move some of the tables for next class before you go to lunch it would be very helpful," she says appreciatively.

• Options
    "Slow news eh?" Shimmy shuffles his hooves around pondering if he should even mention the mission Princess Luna gave him and the gang last night. "Just wondering if you needed help with anything. Say like a interesting story about the Everfree forest....?"

Shimmy gives off a sly smile sipping his CapriCelestia pouch all smooth like as he is sure Featherweight would be interested. Perhaps this is his chance to make friends with a Pegasus!

• Options
    I am really sorry guys, but I forgot to mention I am not going to be in the country for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow. I meant to tell you like a week ago, but apparently, I kind of have a lot on my plate. Like my stupidity.

• Options
    No problem, conviniently we can just have you slow to show up to whatevers going on/out of the picture between Cloudbolt's parents being angry at her and her wing leaving her not able to fly so well.

• Options
    "I can do that," Vigilance replies, gratefully. "Where did you want them moved to?" he asks, stepping into the classroom and taking a look around.

• Options
    Hey guys, I'm back. Did we decide to stop or something?

• Options
    It kinda died, if you want feel free to post and I'll spend a bit getting back up to speed with things.

• Options
    I'm still around, if that helps.

• Options
    I too am around!