As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

• Options
    fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    People aren't moving to Windows 8 because PC sales are plummeting. Most people just plain do not need a full-fledged PC for the basic computing tasks they do.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100632389

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Man, as much as I enjoy LoL, I mute at least 20% of the people I play with. Occasionally entire teams. And then report them for language/verbal harassment.
    Adding in voice chat without chat records will just make things worse.
    XBox community would make things dire.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I've never understood why people think LoL is disproportionately worse than any other online game.

I probably mute/ban/ignore 20% of everyone I've ever played an online game with. More so if I don't know them.

And it's not just offensive language or racial slurs or homophobic comments or violent sexual imagery. It's just people. People being dumb and annoying with guttural American accents and a completely unwarranted sense of self-worth.

I want a system where voice chat and text chat can be turned off by default in every game ever, and only friends of mine - not even internet friends but close personal friends whom I have physically touched in the flesh - can communicate to me. And even then, I want a swear filter because a lot of my friends are Scottish and just like eskimos have a thousand words for snow, Scots have a thousand words for cunt.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    It absolutely will be Fable again.

The first Fable.

Again.

Which to me says, for all the crazy Moleyneux possessed, he was the only one with actual ideas. He's gone...soooo...lets just re-make the first one?

Not to derail this, but the thing with Moleyneux is he's a good natured dude who apparently can't act his age. He acts like a little kid. He exaggerates like crazy, he has crazy dreams of doing everything and anything, and while that's easily his greatest asset, it's also the worst thing to have in the public face of a company. He'd be a fantastic employee to sit in the back and give ideas, and give feedback, to someone who can filter all that and refine it.

But on top of that - he's also a child when it comes to his projects. You can tell - in interviews where he's nearly brought to tears, and in his work output - that the Milo thing was the beginning of the end. He wanted Milo SO BADLY to be something amazing, and you can tell when he started talking to the press, and saying it was a game, and then Microsoft was like, "No it's just a tech demo." that it was the beginning of the end. Microsoft couldn't contain him anymore, and he was off the rails. And when Microsoft killed Milo, he took his toys and went home. And I think that's why Fable 3 sucks. I fully believe that his exit from Microsoft was because when they cancelled Milo, he stopped giving a shit, and basically gave up on Fable as well.

You can tell in the way he talked about Fable: The Journey, he just didn't care. It's not on rails. Er, I guess it is. I have no idea. He wasn't into it, he wasn't his typical crazy endearing Peter. He was just like, here.

I think Lionhead as a company is nothing without him. And this re-release is proof of it, it me. Moleyneux has a ton of flaws - I'd have to think long and hard before I hired him if I owned a game studio - but it was his crazy far reaching vision that got his games to where they landed. But the second he becomes disgruntled, he just says fuck it, and the whole studio suffers. I can see Lionhead shutting down with one more flop, without him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576097

Yep, it's an HD remake of Fable 1. Not just an uprez. The graphics at least look all-new.

For X360 only.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Fuck you, Fable.

Seriously.

I was the biggest Fable fan. I didn't care about what they promised, because I was too busy absolutely loving what they had done. I loved Molyneux, and his crazy over the top, often detrimental passion to whatever he was working on. Fable 1 was the first game I ever got TOTALLY obsessed with. I checked forums every day for people tearing the discs apart to find the bits and pieces of cut content. I followed intensely waiting to unearth more in Albion. I bought the Lost World on day 1 with no questions asked. I've bought Fable 2 on three separate occasions. I defended these games everywhere to everyone. Fable 2 will always, always be one of my favorite experiences ever.

Fable 3 was total garbage. Such a letdown. A massive, massive broken buggy disappointment.

I was thinking the other day - I am in the PS4 camp now, but Alan Wake 2 or Fable 4 could suck me over to an XBox One. And I'd HATE myself for letting Fable 4 do it, but if I'm honest, it would.

And now your Fable E3 teaser trailer is teasing another goddamn remake of a game that made the oXBox so popular. You have got to be kidding me.

I'm so upset a franchise I fought so fervently for is just...this now.

If it's any consolation, we'll probably give the same reaction to Final Fantasy once SE's E3 announcements are over.

Because as good as it sounds, that PS4 Versus-is-now-FFXV rumor sounds a little too good to be true. :(

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I've never understood why people think LoL is disproportionately worse than any other online game.

I probably mute/ban/ignore 20% of everyone I've ever played an online game with. More so if I don't know them.

And it's not just offensive language or racial slurs or homophobic comments or violent sexual imagery. It's just people. People being dumb and annoying with guttural American accents and a completely unwarranted sense of self-worth.

I want a system where voice chat and text chat can be turned off by default in every game ever, and only friends of mine - not even internet friends but close personal friends whom I have physically touched in the flesh - can communicate to me. And even then, I want a swear filter because a lot of my friends are Scottish and just like eskimos have a thousand words for snow, Scots have a thousand words for cunt.

Eh, my personal experience with VC has never really been the horrid experience that people make it out to be. I've encountered more mouth breathers, gameplay echo chambers, and gamers with kids/dogs than players using offensive language etc.

What games are you guys playing that you encounter these people like that all the time?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Literally the first words ever spoken to me by someone using voice chat on a console were 'fuck you. get the flag you cunt.'

That was Halo 2. And it was my brother.

Back in the heyday of Phantasy Star Online communication was startlingly civil. It's been downhill since then.

Voice communication will always be more angry than text because the only games that require voice chat are too fast paced for text, and are competitive action experiences, breeding hate through losing.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Square-Enix's new IP gets a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p69sPUVDpI

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Murdered Soul Suspect.

How should I read that?

Murdered. Soul Suspect.

Murdered Soul. Suspect.

Murdered. Soul. Suspect.

God damn these Japanese developers and their adjective (mis)use.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    Murdered Soul Suspect is the sequel to Dead To Rights, isn't it?

• Options
    I would have been okay with "Murdered Souls".

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Looks like Squeenix's new game stars One-Punch Mickey.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    This might be useful for some:

dfPN5Gl.png

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    They never list EST with these things. :(

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    They never list EST with these things. :(

Unless you live in a place that doesn't do daylight's saving, then you're looking for EDT. Otherwise, use CDT.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    June 10th is the big 40 for me. No pressure, Microsoft or Sony. :P

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Is Sony's conference usually that late in the day? Or any of the big three's? I thought they usually kept to the mornings to better grab the press cycle.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Is Sony's conference usually that late in the day? Or any of the big three's? I thought they usually kept to the mornings to better grab the press cycle.

They used to have it straight after Nintendo's but it wasn't a great timeslot, as the press would have to scramble from Nintendo's conference to Sony's (often causing seating delays), so they moved it to the current time slot 2-3 years ago.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    It is funny how Square-Enix and Ubi-Soft are pretty large entities at E3. Their influence seems to rival the console makers.

It would be hilarious if one of them made a console.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Renzo wrote: »
    It absolutely will be Fable again.

The first Fable.

Again.

Which to me says, for all the crazy Moleyneux possessed, he was the only one with actual ideas. He's gone...soooo...lets just re-make the first one?

Not to derail this, but the thing with Moleyneux is he's a good natured dude who apparently can't act his age. He acts like a little kid. He exaggerates like crazy, he has crazy dreams of doing everything and anything, and while that's easily his greatest asset, it's also the worst thing to have in the public face of a company. He'd be a fantastic employee to sit in the back and give ideas, and give feedback, to someone who can filter all that and refine it.

But on top of that - he's also a child when it comes to his projects. You can tell - in interviews where he's nearly brought to tears, and in his work output - that the Milo thing was the beginning of the end. He wanted Milo SO BADLY to be something amazing, and you can tell when he started talking to the press, and saying it was a game, and then Microsoft was like, "No it's just a tech demo." that it was the beginning of the end. Microsoft couldn't contain him anymore, and he was off the rails. And when Microsoft killed Milo, he took his toys and went home. And I think that's why Fable 3 sucks. I fully believe that his exit from Microsoft was because when they cancelled Milo, he stopped giving a shit, and basically gave up on Fable as well.

You can tell in the way he talked about Fable: The Journey, he just didn't care. It's not on rails. Er, I guess it is. I have no idea. He wasn't into it, he wasn't his typical crazy endearing Peter. He was just like, here.

I think Lionhead as a company is nothing without him. And this re-release is proof of it, it me. Moleyneux has a ton of flaws - I'd have to think long and hard before I hired him if I owned a game studio - but it was his crazy far reaching vision that got his games to where they landed. But the second he becomes disgruntled, he just says fuck it, and the whole studio suffers. I can see Lionhead shutting down with one more flop, without him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576097

Yep, it's an HD remake of Fable 1. Not just an uprez. The graphics at least look all-new.

For X360 only.

Hah. I never finished the first Fable. These remakes make having a backlog annoying.

Fable needs a really fleshed out game. Something on the scale of Skyrim. That would really put it on the map.

Edit: Eh. The art style seems too fancy. I liked the rough look of the original.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    What is a pocketstation.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The funny thing about Fable was that the first release was really an unfinished game and it sold well. Then, "The Lost Chapters", was the complete game. You could tell they clipped out the dragon battle the first time around. If you think about it, they kind of double dipped already.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Yeah, the dragon model was in the code for the first game, as well as all the armor and stuff we got in Lost Chapters

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I am a little surprised that they did not get into some legal hot water for doing that.

• Options
    Every so often I remember how Fable 3 had a loading screen for the main menu and the inventory and I laugh because that game had the worst user interface I have ever seen in anything ever. What an atrocity of design.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Every so often I remember how Fable 3 had a loading screen for the main menu and the inventory and I laugh because that game had the worst user interface I have ever seen in anything ever. What an atrocity of design.
    There's a great story on the Bombcast about how one of their buddies, Johnny V, got his massive, end of game, did everything save fucked because of that shitty-ass interface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmrp7Aeeo7I

Oh, here it is!

• Options
    I saw this on GAF: http://www.viddler.com/v/5dd9480?secret=25476407

It seems Dark Souls II will show up on MS conference unless that one tile is a mistake.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited June 2013
    There's a great story on the Bombcast about how one of their buddies, Johnny V, got his massive, end of game, did everything save fucked because of that shitty-ass interface.

Oh, here it is!

btw Johnny V is John Vignocchi, lead producer/product lead/head dude on Disney Infinity.

So hopefully Infinity has an amazing UI that does not allow for such jackholery expressed on that podcast. And hopefully we'll see that UI at E3!

Renzo on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular

Oh, here it is!

btw Johnny V is John Vignocchi, lead producer/product lead/head dude on Disney Infinity.

So hopefully Infinity has an amazing UI that does not allow for such jackholery expressed on that podcast. And hopefully we'll see that UI at E3!

This is similar to what happened to me with Diablo 3, although I didn't lose as much.

I was only a level 27, normal mode, it was in the first three weeks of the launch, so ya know, lag, lag, lag, lag, and more lag. I was fighting through it though damnit.

So here I am on what is to be the last day I ever played Diablo 3, heading to my awesome chest to swap out some gear I could finally wear and when I opened the chest, everything lagged for a second, and then.... I HAD NOTHING. My character inventory, my personal inventory, my chest, everything was gone. Then the game errored and crashed.

So then I go to log back in and it has some odd shadowy character in place of my toon on the character select screen, and no name. Nothing was.. there. So I contact Blizzard support, and it only took them like 18 days to get back to me, and they told me there was nothing they could do, and suggested I start a new character.

Nope.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    I saw this on GAF: http://www.viddler.com/v/5dd9480?secret=25476407

It seems Dark Souls II will show up on MS conference unless that one tile is a mistake.

And so will Morgan Web. Ugh.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Murdered Soul Suspect.

How should I read that?

Murdered. Soul Suspect.

Murdered Soul. Suspect.

Murdered. Soul. Suspect.

God damn these Japanese developers and their adjective (mis)use.

Isn't there a colon in there?

Murdered: Soul Suspect.

It's... still a horrible name with a terrible pun but yea.

He's the soul suspect of his murder. :|

It probably looks better as kanji or something. IDK.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh. G4 is turning into Esquire TV. Wow. The end of X-Play and ATOTS. I have not watched them in ages.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/61813/x-plays-says-a-final-goodbye/

It would have been nice if Sessler was there in person.

That podcast is great. Stuck in the void. I wonder if they fixed that bug. Essentially, let the game load. Still, that is a pain.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Oh. G4 is turning into Esquire TV. Wow. The end of X-Play and ATOTS. I have not watched them in ages.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/61813/x-plays-says-a-final-goodbye/

It would have been nice if Sessler was there in person.

That podcast is great. Stuck in the void.

Sessler was the heart and soul of that show. Once he left, there wasn't much point in watching.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. I don't know the circumstances of him leaving. Wikipedia says he was replaced, which seems dickish. Fortunately, they had clips of him in the farewell montage.

The should have asked Sessler to reminisce about the show a little bit. Maybe talk about how it all started.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I....

I fucking love all the Fable games. Even 3, which did some brilliant stuff with menus and morality choices I'm dead serious here.

I know a lot of people don't like them. Hell, I know some people hate them. But the blending of fantasy, gunplay, choices, and incredible silliness and drama really tickles my fancies and I eagerly await Fable HD.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I like how Fable blends in some British humor. They just need to make the game world more robust.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    I....

I fucking love all the Fable games. Even 3, which did some brilliant stuff with menus and morality choices I'm dead serious here.

I know a lot of people don't like them. Hell, I know some people hate them. But the blending of fantasy, gunplay, choices, and incredible silliness and drama really tickles my fancies and I eagerly await Fable HD.

I really like Fable 3 too, but I don't see myself playing a Fable 1 remake. Oh right, this is Lionhead minus Molyneux, isn't it?

Does Molyneux have anything to announce at E3?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    According to Greg Miller the PS4 is getting Planetside 2 and DC UO this year: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/dc-universe-online-and-planetside-2-coming-to-playstation-4

Planetside 2. Will MS's response be F2P Halo multiplayer?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I....

I really like Fable 3 too, but I don't see myself playing a Fable 1 remake. Oh right, this is Lionhead minus Molyneux, isn't it?

Does Molyneux have anything to announce at E3?

I dunno. As long as they don't charge 60 bucks for it I can definitley be tempted by a Fable 1 remade to look as gorgeous as 2 and 3.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Why in the world was Project MIlo halted? It seemed like they were very far along. Did it become sentient? ;)

This discussion has been closed.