As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Scrolls] A trading based miniatures game

123457»

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hm. Started a trial, took forever to begin, and when I won, I didn't get the rewards I was supposed to.

Ze lame.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Servers are apparently a bit wonky at the moment.

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Hm. Started a trial, took forever to begin, and when I won, I didn't get the rewards I was supposed to.

Ze lame.

Same thing happened to me, I logged back in just now and the challenge was flagged as completed and I had the gold so at least they keep track of it.

hLeTR.png
    Feels a bit laggy right now, takes 5+ seconds from my turn timer starting to tick to actually drawing a card and having effects happen.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Things I think I've figured out: things attack in order of frontmost row to back row, then top to bottom. That shit matters.

Yeah I lost a match because of this shit.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    Trying to figure out the best use for my gold. I've bought a bunch of the ten packs but they end up containing maybe 3 growth cards out of which 1 would be useful but I already got 3 of them.
    Maybe I should just stick to buying sure-fire growth scrolls. Then again, if I keep buying the ten packs I will soon have enough cards to make other decks.

I plonked down cash for the other two starters and have been buyng 10-packs since to expand from there.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Is there a demo at all?

Nope.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I read a pretty hilarious "review" of Scrolls I came across on some dude's blog where he was basically saying Scrolls could only be bullshit because CCGs are fundamentally badly designed. It was pretty hilarious.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    In case it wasn't clear, he hadn't played Scrolls at all.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    "Waaah people are having fun on the internet with something I don't like"

Actually it was even dumber and more pretentious. His core argument was that among REAL gamers that aren't pc gamers or ccg gamers but the clearly superior board gamers who understand true strategy and superior game design, that it's common knowledge that CCGs are bullshit. That was the core of his argument.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Actually it was even dumber and more pretentious. His core argument was that among REAL gamers that aren't pc gamers or ccg gamers but the clearly superior board gamers who understand true strategy and superior game design, that it's common knowledge that CCGs are bullshit. That was the core of his argument.
    Whoa.

the abstract eurogames vs ameritrash/ccg argument.

• Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    I could understand disliking the random nature of the draw, which is pretty infuriating, but don't most strategy games use dice?
    Except Chess I guess.

Bah, if he plays any boardgame but Diplomacy he's clearly just a pretentious wanker.

8->

TheLawinator
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I could understand disliking the random nature of the draw, which is pretty infuriating, but don't most strategy games use dice?
    Except Chess I guess.

That is the core of the most common divide among board gamers.

Abstract games with more emphasis on strategic play over the luck of the draw / a certain emphasis on atmosphere and doodads that come with the game over pure well crafted less luck based mechanics.

A fan of games more like Go or chess for exemple might look down on things like a CCG or a dice based minis game for having too much luck of the draw or random chance of the dice involved rather than the pure strategy.

Tallahasseeriel on
    Yeah, I'm certainly not saying someone is skilled until I've seen them play at least three games with the same deck. Too much depending on the luck of the draw to see that in just one game.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Diplomacy is the best game of all time.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Diplomacy is a game best played with people you won't see again for six months. Or ever.

TheLawinator
  • Kroyd_KrensonKroyd_Krenson Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of Energy and Order cards to trade, I try to hang out in the Penny Arcade lobby but I haven't seen anyone there yet. I'm KroydKrenson in game.

steam_sig.png
  • xyceresxyceres Registered User regular
    For trading I'd suggest trading-2 channel or if it get filled try trading-3. There's not as much spam and thus you can actually trade. I picked up an imperial resources for 400g 2 days ago in trading-2

Yeees. Kill my Zealot with two Powerbound on him. Do eet! Strike me down and I shall become etc etc

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    So, I bought this. Anyone still playing?

Fuck off and die.
  • Kroyd_KrensonKroyd_Krenson Registered User regular
    With the HS beta being so popular, and mojang doing nothing at all to make their game more public, it's pretty hard to get people to play.

They made some major additions to the game though, and I still think it's more complex than HS.

steam_sig.png
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, I guess that's the end of that.

Given the age of the last post in this thread though, I suppose ye won't be missed.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I'm going to miss it! It was a good idea that was launched too early and steam rolled by the Hearthstone juggernaut

Echo