As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Legends of the Wulin: Autumn Leaves on Summer's Wind.

1234568»

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Yes that's it!
    I'm in then.
    (Ohshit I can't remember how to play at all)

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Me neither, dude. High five!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Yes that's it!
    I'm in then.
    (Ohshit I can't remember how to play at all)

Amazing the things you'll find in this very thread. :P

So that's three.

steam_sig.png
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    @rchanen is in too

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Did I say three? I clearly meant four.

steam_sig.png
    And OmLoz wants in, too! His character can replace the capricious Strong Arm Lau, who has clearly departed to mete out justice elsewhere in the Empire.

Currently Playing:
    woooo

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I'm stumbling through the book, and I'm leaning toward a priest with some pretty dark kung fu. One does not simply "whip up" a Wulin, though. It is a journey of many steps.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    Damn, Corrupt Chi sounds virtually unplayable amidst all these Chivalrous heroes!

I will come up with something not as dark.

Is Priest a good choice for a beginner? I can't tell how complex the curses are, but fucking with peoples' Chi sounds really fun.

edited June 2014
    Damn, Corrupt Chi sounds virtually unplayable amidst all these Chivalrous heroes!

I will come up with something not as dark.

Is Priest a good choice for a beginner? I can't tell how complex the curses are, but fucking with peoples' Chi sounds really fun.

I wouldn't say 'unplayable' but it'd certainly need some work from the group to not be weird. Depending on the details, an alliance of convenience or a good-vampire type scenario are all that come to mind.

And really, all the class's Secret Arts are pretty complex and take a bit of thinking. I'd say the Warrior's seemed the easiest to grok. The Priest is probably the most powerful in influencing the narrative (probably, I've not read back through the rules on the Secret Art's for a while).

In any case, I'm certainly happy to take five (an auspicous number!) Wulin heroes back into the land of adventure, mystery, danger, and Intrigue of the Tian Xia.

Once OminousLozenge has crafted his Wulin hero (no rush at all, take your time), the story shall look to continue from where the scrolls last left the wondrous heroes. (I wouldn't look for anything from me before Monday, though.)

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2014
    yeah it's gonna be hard to abide a baneful fighter since Fox's highest virtue is benevolence

well loyalty and individualism too but yeah Fox is definitely a "good" aligned character

Super Namicchi on
    No dark kung fu, then! I'll read up more on the Daoist stuff in the book. I think a mostly nice guy whose violent nature conflicts with his quest for enlightenment will be a better fit here. I still get to curse people to colorful and inventive hells like Egg Shen, which is what's really important.

Okay, Red Maple is ready for kung fu adventures! At least, I think he's ready. Let me know if I need to make any adjustments.

Okay, Red Maple is ready for kung fu adventures! At least, I think he's ready. Let me know if I need to make any adjustments.

Looks exceptional.

So we have Five Wulin Heroes who will go forth and achieve greatness, infamy, or both.

This will be fun.

steam_sig.png
    I sure hope we don't run into that Steel Ferret guy.

He sounds like serious business.

Currently Playing:

Do you now?

He does, doesn't he.

steam_sig.png
    this is not a dig on omloz at all - every time I read Red Maple I want pancakes

If he shows up, he's gonna get cursed to the Hell of Starving Rodents.
    this is not a dig on omloz at all - every time I read Red Maple I want pancakes

Now that you mention it, my wife made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast the day I wrote up the character. Then she topped them with strawberries and maple syrup, so I might have been thinking with my stomach a little!

made my stomach groan a little

so who is going to lead us off?

I think it's up to Weeping Crane and Rotten Branch to decide whether things get awesome right now.

I'm sure they will be entirely reasonable and allow us to go about the Emperor's business unharried.

Currently Playing:
    Sorry folks. I have not forgotten nor forsaken this endeavor.

It's just that work is being a butts now and I've not made the time to get this reboot rolling.

But have faith dear friends. Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east.

steam_sig.png
    the only thing one can really say is

wachawwww

don't worry guys

i'm harassing the GM to Focus on Breath and get our kung fu wagon rolling again