As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Gunpoint] Starring Rorschach the Gentleman Thief

2»

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    What are the system requirements for this thing like?

I'm assuming low, but my laptop's got some weird hang-ups with certain games, and I just wanted to make sure before I bought it that I could actually run it.

Processor:2GHz dual core
    Memory:2 GB RAM
    DirectX®:9.0
    Hard Drive:150 MB HD space

Plus there's a demo available, so if your laptop does freak out on it for some reason, you haven't wasted any money on it.
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Ahh, so in actual fact:
    A zero-kills game is impossible? Or does hitting him in the face with the door count as a knockout? In which case it sounds like that would be the only possible way to get zero kills.
    Kicking the door into him is a KO, not a kill. I found that out by accident (it was my first door kicking).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Slortex wrote: »
    Managed to get all the achievements for ways to finish the last mission. Rough order I did them in:
    Kicked the door into him after disabling his switch. Fast and simple.
    Disabled his gun, then jumped onto him and got the achievement for punching him out. Followed by the one for punching him to death. So three in one go.
    Disabled his gun, pulled out mine, then shot him before realizing he was actually saying stuff.
    Took multiple tries, but managed to knock him close enough to his window, jump off, aim again, and knock him to the street. In retrospect, I could probably get him to surrender close to the window and then do it.
    Pointed my gun at him and actually pressed space to advance the dialogue until he surrendered. No idea if this works if you never killed anyone. In that run through my body count was lower but non-zero.
    Took multiple tries to knock him to his door, leaped to the switch, and discovered the door only opens out. Took more tries to get him in the right spot and then pressed the button. Probably the most annoying of the bunch.
    He doesn't surrender if that's the case. You can either shoot him or he'll kill you as soon as the dialogue ends.

Another reason why this game is so awesome.

Ahh, so in actual fact:
    A zero-kills game is impossible? Or does hitting him in the face with the door count as a knockout? In which case it sounds like that would be the only possible way to get zero kills.

The only reason I killed so many dudes was because I wasn't clear on what counts as a "kill" and what doesn't. On reflection, throwing a guy out of a window and surfing his body to the ground is quite clearly lethal. Fun though. Didn't know that 10+ punches was a kill though, which was probably where a couple of my kills came from.

Not sure what the threshold for killing by punching is, but blood does appear at a certain point.

Strangely enough, kicking a door into someone is considered less violent than shocking them or opening a door into them. You can do a mission replay and knock out each guard with a kicked in door and get a Gentleman rating.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    Managed to get all the achievements for ways to finish the last mission. Rough order I did them in:
    Disabled his gun, then jumped onto him and got the achievement for punching him out. Followed by the one for punching him to death. So three in one go.
    Disabled his gun, pulled out mine, then shot him before realizing he was actually saying stuff.
    Took multiple tries, but managed to knock him close enough to his window, jump off, aim again, and knock him to the street. In retrospect, I could probably get him to surrender close to the window and then do it.
    Pointed my gun at him and actually pressed space to advance the dialogue until he surrendered. No idea if this works if you never killed anyone. In that run through my body count was lower but non-zero.
    Took multiple tries to knock him to his door, leaped to the switch, and discovered the door only opens out. Took more tries to get him in the right spot and then pressed the button. Probably the most annoying of the bunch.
    He doesn't surrender if that's the case. You can either shoot him or he'll kill you as soon as the dialogue ends.

Ahh, so in actual fact:

The only reason I killed so many dudes was because I wasn't clear on what counts as a "kill" and what doesn't. On reflection, throwing a guy out of a window and surfing his body to the ground is quite clearly lethal. Fun though. Didn't know that 10+ punches was a kill though, which was probably where a couple of my kills came from.

Not sure what the threshold for killing by punching is, but blood does appear at a certain point.

Strangely enough, kicking a door into someone is considered less violent than shocking them or opening a door into them. You can do a mission replay and knock out each guard with a kicked in door and get a Gentleman rating.

10 or greater punches are lethal. Kicking a door into someone doesn't count as violent at all? Must be those explosive hinges going off by accident.

• AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular

Ahh, so in actual fact:

10 or greater punches are lethal. Kicking a door into someone doesn't count as violent at all? Must be those explosive hinges going off by accident.
    Probably just something he forgot to code in.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Ahh, so in actual fact:

However, you should not stop at 10...

:rotate:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Upping this just to say Gunpoint is half off on STEAM now for the next day or so.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Gunpoint also has trading cards now!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Guess I'll play Gunpoint again...

They ever add Steam Workshop support?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Alright, I've been trying to launch Gunpoint over and over again, but every time I try, it changes my resolution to 1280*720. Every. Time. Going into the launch options and adding -windowed does nothing. Going in again and putting -windowed, -w 1080, -h 720 does nothing, although maybe I messed up something there?

It boots, funnily enough, to a screen where you choose the resolution, but thanks to the game itself changing your resolution, it cuts off the bottom of the screen, where I'm assuming there's a button to apply the changes. Because whatever else I click on does crap all.

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I just finished Gunpoint and it is awesome! Love the stealthy/puzzly/rewiring part of it.

I also like how on the last mission
    you just say fuckit to all the stealth and murder a bunch of dudes by kicking in the doors and blast your way through the top level with the resolver

However I am completely confused on the story. I'm not sure exactly what happened. I feel like I need a synopsis or something.
    I went with Rooke over jackson/gessler. On the last mission I killed the guy who (I think?) killed Selena and I killed Gessler. I was not able to save Katie Collins and the police are apparently still convinced I did it? Everyone told me a different story of what happened I'd like the 'true' version if it exists somewhere. For a while there in the police investigation I was worried I had time traveled and killed Selena myself :(

http://www.pentadact.com/category/conwaysblog/?K=8&U=28&C0=1&E1=2&C1=6&E2=3&C2=5&C3=3&C4=3&C5=1

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Yeah, Gunpoint is awesome. There are even multiple ways to deal with the final, "Boss".

Actually, there are a lot of story variable that can change, such as how honest you are with the chief of police and what missions you go on.

The story really isn't that important, which Conway makes fun of at several points.